The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Right. Ahmed isn't a terrorist. He may be a prankster, but there's nothing wrong with him that having him arrested will cure.

People aren't arrested because it will 'cure' them. They get arrested for breaking a law. And on that I don't think there's enough evidence to show that he did break the 'hoax bomb' law.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
did they know what he was bringing to school

would you not ask that question?

do you need that much help?

And if they did? I'd expect them to have known, not because they are terrorists but because I'd expect parents to know if their son was working on something and taking it to school. Is that incriminating?

rexlunae

People aren't arrested because it will 'cure' them.

He's a kid. Barring some credible threat to other people, the focus should properly be on correcting bad behavior for his sake.

They get arrested for breaking a law. And on that I don't think there's enough evidence to show that he did break the 'hoax bomb' law.

I agree. I don't see where the law was broken.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
He's a kid. Barring some credible threat to other people, the focus should properly be on correcting bad behavior for his sake.

I agree. I don't see where the law was broken.

the school published their policy on what can be brought to school
and
what should not be brought to school
and
that policy was violated

rexlunae

the school published their policy on what can be brought to school
and
what should not be brought to school
and
that policy was violated

He may have broken school policy, I don't know, but that calls for school discipline, not arrest and loss of freedom.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And if they did? I'd expect them to have known, not because they are terrorists but because I'd expect parents to know if their son was working on something and taking it to school. Is that incriminating?

his parents would know that it looks like a bomb

his parents would know that it violates school policy

his parents know it would embarrass the school and others

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Right. Ahmed isn't a terrorist. He may be a prankster, but there's nothing wrong with him that having him arrested will cure.

Oh ill bet it cured him, from going ahead with another bomb hoax that he admits was 'questionable' himself.

I hope it goes to court. So the school can tell its side.