The citadel of free will is a mirage.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No. I provided a synopsis. Read him yourself.

Obviously, I have read him and it seems to me you are misrepresenting him. Failure to attribute words written by others, is unethical. If you cannot post direct quotes, you should not offer personal synopsis of only your interpretations.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
He indeed said this... it is very visible in his coining the phrase... "If thou sin... sin boldly".

Ironically... Luther coined another term to defend his stance... but He clearly discerned that the Law is only "kept" by GOD.

The Law was only kept perfectly by the Incarnate Christ. Luther was not a legalist; neither did he practice lawlessness.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Law was only kept perfectly by the Incarnate Christ. Luther was not a legalist; neither did he practice lawlessness.

We are all "Lawless" without Christ's righteousness. You can't see this? The Pharisees were equated with "Lawlessness" and they kept the Law just as you teach. They followed that dude to the letter.

ONLY GOD IS GOOD NANG!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Truster

There is nothing in the historical context of the verse to even suggest it is an idle request.
Obviously if GOD asks them to choose one or the other, the choice is theirs to make.
And GOD will judge them by their choice.

Their choice is based on the judgement they are already under.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"And Yah Shua came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth".​

Note: heaven and earth are the spiritual realm and the material realm. Add to this the fact that Messiah is the Alpha and the Omega and we have the entire creation.

You think I'm joking... but you make God out to be like Xerxes from this scene. I don't care if you think I'm being silly by posting this example... but it is what it is and you aren't thinking what you are implying all the way through.

Yeshua doesn't reign in full over the earth yet! We are awaiting His return!

Spoiler

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Have you read:
http://www.chapellibrary.org/files/4913/7643/2893/botw.pdf
THE BONDAGE OF THE WILL - by Martin Luther (1483-1546)

I have my own copies, one published by Baker and the 2nd by Revell. The first translated by Henry Cole and the second by J.I. Packer & O.R. Johnston.

If anyone would give me a direct quote to substantiate what Nihilo is suggesting, I can compare with these two publications, and perhaps clarify what I consider to be a misrepresentation of the teachings of Martin Luther.

Truster

So a Christian needs to read Martin Luther to know how to be saved?
You are the ignorant one.
I was saved before ever reading a word from Martin Luther.
Didn't need him at all to be saved.

Would you care to give a reason for the hope that is in you?....A testimony of your salvation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You think I'm joking... but you make God out to be like Xerxes from this scene. I don't care if you think I'm being silly by posting this example... but it is what it is and you aren't thinking what you are implying all the way through.

You are very mistaken about this.

When in time, did Almighty God ever NOT reign over His creation?

Truster

Spoiler

The Eternal Son is far, far worse than anything you can possibly imagine. When He comes in judgement...

He Reigns. Always has and always will.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are very mistaken about this.

When in time, did Almighty God ever NOT reign over His creation?

Reign? Really? Oh my goodness. I forgot. You're a preterrorist. I meant to spell it that way.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And as I had to post to Truster on another thread...

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Reign? Really? Oh my goodness. I forgot. You're a preterrorist. I meant to spell it that way.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And as I had to post to Truster on another thread...

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

I agree with Truster, that the evil God created is not sin, and it has righteous purpose when yielded by God (not man).

And I am not a Preterist . . .