the church

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You should stop letting others interpret scripture for you ! YOU WILL ANSWER TO GOD FOR YOU AND THEY TOLD ME WRONG WILL NOT FLY.
Think of how quickly the facts of history can get distorted. We have an example in our own time. Many myths surround the founding fathers of our country that many people accept as truth without question. But think of how little time had passed since the Holocaust & yet we have people today who are claiming the Holocaust never happened even though there are still people alive today who experienced it.
Do you think it was any different between the 300 years that passed between the apostles & Augustine in a time when information traveled at a much slower pace? Not at all. That's why we need primary sources. In 4 or 500 years many fables can be introduced & become widespread belief though they have no bases in historical facts.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Going to C.A. for truth is like going to a rapist for race counseling.
And going to the pope for truth and get killed or sold. Pope Innocent VIII (1484-1492). Had 16 children by various married women. Multiplied Church Offices, and sold them for vast sums of money. Decreed the extermination of the Waldenses, and sent an army against them. Appointed the brutal Thomas of Torquemada as the Inquisitor General of Spain, and ordered all rulers to deliver up heretics to him. Permitted bull-fights on St. Peter's Square.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What do you care?
Ah, I see.

Carry on.
You won't allows get money from us. Pope Sixtus IV (1471-1484). Sanctioned the Spanish Inquisition. Decreed that money would deliver souls from Purgatory. Was implicated in a plot to murder Lorenzo de Medici, and others who opposed his policies. Used the Papacy to enrich himself and his relatives. Made eight of his nephews Cardinals, while as yet some of them were mere boys. In luxurious and lavish entertainment — he rivaled the Caesars. In wealth and pomp — he and his relatives surpassed the old Roman Families.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Show us the scripture where the early church bury Peter & Paul.

UH OH!! Hoist on your own petard!

You're so ignorant its pathetic.
Your flamming only creates more catholic facts.
Athanasius teaching Sola Scriptura.
"If we now consider the scope of that faith which we Christians hold, & using it as a rule, apply ourselves, as the apostle teaches, to the reading of the inspired Scriptures. For Christ's enemies being ignorant of this scope, have wandered from the way of truth, & have stumbled on a stone of stumbling, thinking otherwise than they should think."
Athanasius - - Four Discourses Against the Arians, Discourse 3 Ch. 26.29
"vainly then do they run about with the pretext that they have demanded Councils for the faiths sake; for divine Scripture is sufficient above all things. "
Athanasius - - Nicene Post Nicene Father's, Vol 4 Councils of Ariminum and Selecta, Part 1 History of the Councils, 6

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You won't allows get money from us. Pope Sixtus IV (1471-1484). Sanctioned the Spanish Inquisition. Decreed that money would deliver souls from Purgatory. Was implicated in a plot to murder Lorenzo de Medici, and others who opposed his policies. Used the Papacy to enrich himself and his relatives. Made eight of his nephews Cardinals, while as yet some of them were mere boys. In luxurious and lavish entertainment — he rivaled the Caesars. In wealth and pomp — he and his relatives surpassed the old Roman Families.
'Sounds like how now most people live, in the West, thank Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And going to the pope for truth and get killed or sold. Pope Innocent VIII (1484-1492). Had 16 children by various married women. Multiplied Church Offices, and sold them for vast sums of money. Decreed the extermination of the Waldenses, and sent an army against them. Appointed the brutal Thomas of Torquemada as the Inquisitor General of Spain, and ordered all rulers to deliver up heretics to him. Permitted bull-fights on St. Peter's Square.
King Solomon was all that and more, orders of magnitude more, and he authored multiple books of the Christian Scripture.

This is from that same Christian Scripture:
Spoiler
all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I believe in completely and fully and wholeheartedly and honestly the Christian Scripture, and all of it.

The Christian Scripture infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
shake her dust from your feet
-or
-just put her on ignore
I would, except that GT is an influential person, and what GT is doing, in teaching as if for the Church, is actually, spiritually, warfare against the Church, and so, spiritually, I am compelled to lend my services, in the service of the Lord.

If GT had no influence, I would have already shaken dust. GT has too many posts on this forum, like plump, ripe, poisonous but attractive berries, for babes in the faith to surf in, with a question of a spiritual nature, and, because of their own childlike spiritual understanding, they will think they know the answer when they only know the damaged and damaging thoughts of a false teacher.

So, instead of banning this type of posting, which I would disagree with, there's an opportunity to be voluntary peace officers here so that neophytes don't accidentally, because of our great posting freedom here, get the wrong, false idea.

I mean, look at GT's username. An enormous ego, combined with sanctimony (impossible for newborn Christians to distinguish from the real thing), and falseness.

And GT will probably say in response to this post something like that I am bearing false witness. That's how predictable GT is.

Right Divider

Body part
King Solomon was all that and more, orders of magnitude more, and he authored multiple books of the Christian Scripture.

This is from that same Christian Scripture:
Spoiler
all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I believe in completely and fully and wholeheartedly and honestly the Christian Scripture, and all of it.

The Christian Scripture infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.
What does "believes in the Lord Jesus Christ" mean?

That's an extremely vague statement.