The Church is Filled with Hate, Chuck Baldwin

republicanchick

Here's a scriptural truth. God hates Islam, and God hates all these Jihadists. No, he doesn't love them and hate their sin. He hates them:

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

I agree. If God hates divorce (Malachi)

how much more does he hate killing innocents? How much more does he hate killing people who have done NOTHING to you? and not only killing but torturing?

"My ways are not your ways (says the Lord), My thoughts are not your thoughts"

+++

Lexington'96

so when does your plane for Syria leave.. so you can go hug a terrorist?

maybe we will get video of THAT encounter?

hmmmm...

+

If I'm getting on a plane it will be so I can go somewhere where the weather is decent, like maybe Kentucky or Indiana. Syria is probably even worse than the US South in that regard.

I don't plan on hugging any terrorists. I want my government to stop giving them money.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Any group or category of people are filled with hate as well.

I know this because my own heart has been too often filled with hate as well.

Not ALL believers are hateful. Believe me on this. Most of us are just trying to navigate our way through the world as best we can. No matter what the horrific human action is, we all have good intentions behind us somewhere in the past.

Jesus commanded us not to hate, and we as Christians need to follow his command.

Absolutely. You could have not made it any clearer. But just check out the vitriol against Meshak on these forums. A lot of us still feel a bit threatened by the integrity of Jesus.

Morpheus

Excellent scripture it is too.

Whenever I read about what God hates, I always think of

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19
Huh. Apparently the operative word in that passage is "things", not people. They are all descriptions of specific actions He considers sins. Now let us return to the NT teachings of Jesus where He begins clarifying the intent behind the primary lessons taught as to children in the OT.

When we were children our parents used simple lessons to try and teach us basically through behavior modification in simple terms that our immature minds could comprehend, with an eye toward the future. As we became adults they could then build on those basic lessons to teach us far greater truths, still considering our lack of maturity, but then being able to teach in more abstract terms as we grew in knowledge and wisdom,with an eye toward leading us to maturity. God did the same in his word. The OT has its uses, but dwelling in it is refusing to grow up.

Christian Liberty

I don't believe non-Christians should be executed for not being Christians. Very few Christians believe that non-Christians should be executed. The Bible does not command us to kill non-Christians. The Koran commands Muslims to kill non-Muslims. While the vast majority of Muslims wouldn't kill anyone, polls of European Muslims show that the vast majority believe a person should be executed if they leave Islam or if they insult Mohammad even though they wouldn't personally do the executing. That's the difference.

And what's the difference between you and me? You obviously have a problem with parts of the Bible, and I love every word of the Bible.

Well, this is in the Bible:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+13

Christian Liberty

Using a computer and posting on a website is not.

To be clear, I'm not advocating executing people for idolatry. I was just denying the claim that there's no verse in the Bible that says to do that. I wouldn't do that because I believe that particular law was specifically for Israel.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
To be clear, I'm not advocating executing people for idolatry. I was just denying the claim that there's no verse in the Bible that says to do that. I wouldn't do that because I believe that particular law was specifically for Israel.
It was meant as a stupid joke. And it obviously turned out to be more stupid that I had intended.

Quincy

You don't know any? I've met several IRL. It's quite common in the South.

Its more common in the south. And I understand that not everyone who supports interventionism hates Muslims (some are just stupid.) But, Chuck Baldwin is absolutely correct, and the people he's condemning are either too stupid or too evil to realize he is correct.

I can definitely agree with it being more common in the south. I was in a local park, back last Fall around the time university started, and some Muslims were there having a barbecue. They sat down at the far end of a table that also seated a group of white folks that I assumed (due to their attire) were baptists. Those people gathered their stuff and moved to another table, were both parties went on to glare at each other for the rest of the time I was there. I was just glad I was there with my collies. I'm sure they thought the same thing as me, "Yep, that's humanity." :plain: It's a rather common thing to see here and I've never saw that any place I've lived outside of the south.

I don't think these people here are evil or stupid, though. A lot of people here still see the south as an occupied land by the north and that southern culture is being destroyed. They're all highly ethnocentric and angry but evil, no. People hate what threatens them, maybe if their particular sect of Christianity never trained them to be so dogmatic, they'd be a bit more opened minded.

Christian Liberty

I don't think these people here are evil or stupid, though. A lot of people here still see the south as an occupied land by the north and that southern culture is being destroyed. They're all highly ethnocentric and angry but evil, no. People hate what threatens them, maybe if their particular sect of Christianity never trained them to be so dogmatic, they'd be a bit more opened minded.

Its not just ethnocentricism (though I'm not condoning that either.) Its the utter dehumanizing of Muslims that fuels the neoconservative agenda.