The Church is Filled with Hate, Chuck Baldwin

Lexington'96

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin842.htm

In my column last week, I used the movie, American Sniper, as a catalyst to point out that the United States has been waging unjust war on countries such as Iraq--and meddling in the internal affairs of countries such as Iraq--for decades. I also pointed out that not all Muslims are terrorists and to condemn all Muslims on the basis of Muslim Jihadists is wrong.

Folks, you can’t believe the firestorm of anger that deluged me. My Facebook page registered over 100,000 views of my comments and precipitated a flood of hate-filled responses. Here is a sample of the more-mild reactions:

“All Christians should be standing against Islam and proclaiming America for the kingdom of Christ. I am not a Muslim sympathizer and I have lost respect for you, Mr. Baldwin. Islam is anti-Christianity. You cannot serve 2 masters.”

By standing against Islam, Cathy means it is right and righteous to go to war against Muslim nations, because they are “anti-Christianity.” So, Cathy, since when is it America’s responsibility to export Christianity over the barrel of a gun? I suppose we should then invade and destroy every Muslim nation in existence, including Saudi Arabia...

But Saudi Arabia is a Muslim nation, which means they are “anti-Christianity,” so Cathy (and many like her) believes we should go to war with these nations to advance “the kingdom of Christ.” But what about Judaism, Cathy? Judaism is as “anti-Christianity” as Islam. What about Hinduism? What about Buddhism? What about Atheism? Is America supposed to go to war with every nation of the world that has a population of people who are “anti-Christianity”? If so, we should be attacking most of the nations of the world.

And since when can we evangelize the pagan peoples of the world via brute force? When has that ever worked? And what Scripture do you base that theory on? People are won to Christ with the message of God’s amazing grace and love through Christ’s death on the cross. What? Did God commission us to kill and destroy all of the heathen of the world? I thought our commission was to love and win them, not attack and kill them.

But a host of attacks against my comments last week were much more caustic. Here is an example:

“Imam Mohammed Judas Baldwin; My wife and I were listening on line to your 1-25-15 program, I shut the program off when I heard your rant against your Christian brother and sister Pastors. My wife astutely said: ‘Muslim Lover?’ I believe I have figured out your love of all things Islam, and your betrayal of God, Jesus Christ, and Christians. Your God Allah, Your savior Mohammad, and your fellow Muslims. Allah offered you a better deal. Paradise and 72 Virgins. The Virgins, in your case, 50/50 prepubescent boys and girls. Judas Iscariot had the decency to hang himself for his betrayal of my savior Jesus Christ. How about you? You can get Allah and the virgins, sooner, if you do it to day…Shame on you, you Fool.”

The message I delivered last Sunday, and to which Michael was reacting to, was taken from Matthew 5:44, “Love your enemies,” and from Matthew 7:12, “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.”

And, yes, Michael, I do love Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, etc. They are all souls for whom Christ died.

If unbelievers and pagans want to be filled with hate, so be it; but hatred has NO PLACE WHATSOEVER in the heart of a Christian. And after receiving tens of thousands of hate-filled responses regarding my comments last week, it dawned on me that the American Church is largely filled with hate--hatred against the Muslim people...

Chuck is right again. To find such hatred one only has to look at this forum. People advocating nuking of Muslims, etc. Jesus commanded us not to hate, and we as Christians need to follow his command.

The Berean

You don't know any? I've met several IRL. It's quite common in the South.
None that I know of. I live in California. The Christian brothers and sisters I fellowship with focus on loving each other and sharing the Gospel to the world. I haven't even seen the film American Sniper.

Christian Liberty

None that I know of. I live in California. The Christian brothers and sisters I fellowship with focus on loving each other and sharing the Gospel to the world. I haven't even seen the film American Sniper.

Its more common in the south. And I understand that not everyone who supports interventionism hates Muslims (some are just stupid.) But, Chuck Baldwin is absolutely correct, and the people he's condemning are either too stupid or too evil to realize he is correct.

The Berean

Its more common in the south. And I understand that not everyone who supports interventionism hates Muslims (some are just stupid.) But, Chuck Baldwin is absolutely correct, and the people he's condemning are either too stupid or too evil to realize he is correct.

It seems the South is very different. I've never really been to the South other than brief trips to Florida and Maryland.

Daniel1611

I'm not for these wars at all. But this idea that there is no hate in the Bible is unfounded.

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chuck is right again. To find such hatred one only has to look at this forum. People advocating nuking of Muslims, etc. Jesus commanded us not to hate, and we as Christians need to follow his command.

Was Chuckie at the Ron Paul (dope) compound when he wrote that article Lexie, cuz I can't imagine anyone in their right mind not knowing how evil the false religion of Islam is, especially someone who has ran for POTUS and writes for a conservative periodical like renewamerica.com.

That being said:

If "hating" evil is a crime, then I'm guilty as charged.

jordan-pilot-burned-alive1.jpg

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2015.02.06 (Benghazi, Libya) - A suicide bomber kills a man and child.
2015.02.05 (Damascus, Syria) - The Army of Islam sends rockets into mainly Christian neighborhoods, killing ten residents.
2015.02.04 (Beni, DRC) - Seven women are among twenty-one villagers hacked to death by ADF-NALU.
2015.02.03 (Mabrook, Libya) - Islamists storm an oilfield and slit the throats of thirteen employees.
2015.02.03 (Raqqa, Syria) - The caliphate releases a video showing a captured Jordanian pilot being burned alive in a cage.
2015.02.03 (Alexandria, Egypt) - A civilian is killed - and a child injured - by an Islamist bomb at a checkpoint.

Etc. etc. etc.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Daniel1611

Here's a scriptural truth. God hates Islam, and God hates all these Jihadists. No, he doesn't love them and hate their sin. He hates them:

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

Aimiel

Muslims don't love violence. Terrorists do, whether they wear a ski mask and claim to be Islamic or a white sheet and claim to be Christian.

Daniel1611

Muslims don't love violence. Terrorists do, whether they wear a ski mask and claim to be Islamic or a white sheet and claim to be Christian.

So where are all the Christians going on killing sprees? I keep hearing this garbage that "all religions" are guilty of violent acts. Where? I don't see thousands and thousands of Christians setting people on fires and bombing girls schools every day.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's a scriptural truth. God hates Islam, and God hates all these Jihadists. No, he doesn't love them and hate their sin. He hates them:

A little research will reveal that the struggle is mainly in the household of God itself, not with the outside world.

This is because the satanists try to destroy the saints who will deliver many of the outside world to Christ.

I came from outside, having not been bought up in the church, and I was shocked to find the evil which existed among the church people.

However those close to me were pure hearted and that is where things stand with me today, after my little excursion into the church world as this board is, which is as close I ever will be to it.

It is the world lovers of the church world who hate the muslims, not the pure hearted.

LA

Daniel1611

A little research will reveal that the struggle is mainly in the household of God itself, not with the outside world.

This is because the satanists try to destroy the saints who will deliver many of the outside world to Christ.

I came from outside, having not been bought up in the church, and I was shocked to find the evil which existed among the church people.

However those close to me were pure hearted and that is where things stand with me today, after my little excursion into the church world as this board is, which is as close I ever will be to it.

It is the world lovers of the church world who hate the muslims, not the pure hearted.

LA

My point is that the Bible says God hates those who love violence, etc. I referenced scripture. It might make you uncomfortable. But that's what the Bible says. I could care less what warm fuzzy things people like to say; I care what the Bible says.

Levolor

My point is that the Bible says God hates those who love violence, etc. I referenced scripture. It might make you uncomfortable. But that's what the Bible says. I could care less what warm fuzzy things people like to say; I care what the Bible says.

Excellent scripture it is too.

Whenever I read about what God hates, I always think of

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19

Daniel1611

:up:
Excellent scripture it is too.

Whenever I read about what God hates, I always think of

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19

Amen, brother. These verses don't make me uncomfortable. I love every word of the Bible. :up:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You suggest I am uncomfortable with what the Bible says, but I am not a fanatic who uses the Bible to justify personal hatred of other people.

What makes your position any different to Koran readers.
LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you personally know Christians that hate Muslims? :idunno:

I do. But that is a defensive position. They want to kiss the dirt 5 times a day so they can go to hell, fine. But when they start executing Christians in Africa and South West Asia, taking defense against them is not a bad thing.

Daniel1611

You suggest I am uncomfortable with what the Bible says, but I am not a fanatic who uses the Bible to justify personal hatred of other people.

What makes your position any different to Koran readers.
LA

I don't believe non-Christians should be executed for not being Christians. Very few Christians believe that non-Christians should be executed. The Bible does not command us to kill non-Christians. The Koran commands Muslims to kill non-Muslims. While the vast majority of Muslims wouldn't kill anyone, polls of European Muslims show that the vast majority believe a person should be executed if they leave Islam or if they insult Mohammad even though they wouldn't personally do the executing. That's the difference.

And what's the difference between you and me? You obviously have a problem with parts of the Bible, and I love every word of the Bible.