The Chimp-Human 1% Difference: A Useful Lie

One Eyed Jack

You're asking us to beleive the ancient chinese got wiped out...

I haven't asked any such thing. I don't believe there were any "Chinese" before the flood. Separate languages and cultures developed afterwards.

then noah decendants went back to china, and continued in the old ways of which they would have had no knowledge ? nor could have no knowledge because it would have all been buried in the flood ?

Uh... no. Maybe you should do a little study on what creationists actually believe before you go trying to debunk those beliefs. All you're doing now is advertising your cluelessness.

talk about dumb.

Yeah, that is pretty freaking dumb. And it's all straight from the mind of Doogie Talons (unless you "borrowed" it from someone else).

Hank

I'd say closer to 1.6 million, but that's ok.

There are always about as many women as men. So you want to propose an extremely high growth rate and then say there was only 1 child for every 3 adults. How does that make sense?

Why would that be hard to believe?

Because a world growth rate of 1.7% over almost a millennium and before modern medicine defies logic.

Hank

I have traced my family back to the mid-18th century in Virginia Colony. How long before I lose my immigrant status?

We're not talking about you being an immigrant or not. We're talking about the fact that you can't use a country's growth rate to compare to the world growth rate because of immigration. There is no immigration into the world.

Mr Jack

Uh... no. Maybe you should do a little study on what creationists actually believe before you go trying to debunk those beliefs. All you're doing now is advertising your cluelessness.
Ah, classic One Eyed rather than actually put forward a position that can be challenged he simply claims that anything anyone attacks is a strawman. Never mind if it's a position that other Creationists have put forward.

But here's the thing, because Creationism has no basis in reality it can, and does, claim what it likes. Life is so much easier when you don't have to deal with those pesky facts.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
I have traced my family back to the mid-18th century in Virginia Colony. How long before I lose my immigrant status?
You're decended from imigrants just as I most probably am decended from nords.

18th Century ? that's not even real history, we've castles twice as old as that ;)

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
I haven't asked any such thing. I don't believe there were any "Chinese" before the flood. Separate languages and cultures developed afterwards.
OK enlighten me, before we continue this conversation when do YOU believe the flood happened ? to be so sure of your position you surley have a date in mind ?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just to clarify, I don't think there is anything that necessitates there were only 8 people who got on and off the ark...

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are always about as many women as men. So you want to propose an extremely high growth rate and then say there was only 1 child for every 3 adults. How does that make sense?Because a world growth rate of 1.7% over almost a millennium and before modern medicine defies logic.

Actually the almost unbelievably high population growth rate today in SubSahara Africa despite the high death rate there due to disease validates the possibility of an equally high growth rate following the Flood.

Check the UN findings about this as I did (if you dare).

Apparently a high birth rate trumps a high death rate every time.

Mr Jack

Actually the almost unbelievably high population growth rate today in SubSahara Africa despite the high death rate there due to disease validates the possibility of an equally high growth rate following the Flood.
Sub Saharan Africa only has a high death rate compared to developed nations; it doesn't have a high death rate by historical standards - either European or African.

SUTG

Maybe you should do a little study on what creationists actually believe before you go trying to debunk those beliefs. All you're doing now is advertising your cluelessness.

It is tough, since there are so many different types of Creationists. I am most familiar with the Young Earth Biblical types, but there is even alot of variety in their beliefs.

How do you guys explain the order in the fossil record? When geologists start digging, there comes a point where they no longer find any human fossils, then digging deeper there will be a point where there are no non-marine fossils found. Then, continuing to dig, there will be a point where there are no multicellular organisms. There are alot more of these types of demarcations, like a point where there will be lots of land dwelling animals, but no mammals. How does the flood model (assuming there is one) explain this type of ordering?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently the evolutionists on this forum don't want to talk about the "useful lie" of the so-called 1% difference.

If you want to talk about sedimentary layers and fossils I suggest you start your own thread on the subject.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You never did explain why my post "ended badly". Are genetic algorithms so hard for you to deal with?

I consider the name "genetic" to be inappropriate, so I have ordered some books from the library in order to back up this position with hard evidence. Stay tuned.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is tough, since there are so many different types of Creationists. I am most familiar with the Young Earth Biblical types, but there is even alot of variety in their beliefs.

How do you guys explain the order in the fossil record? When geologists start digging, there comes a point where they no longer find any human fossils, then digging deeper there will be a point where there are no non-marine fossils found. Then, continuing to dig, there will be a point where there are no multicellular organisms. There are alot more of these types of demarcations, like a point where there will be lots of land dwelling animals, but no mammals. How does the flood model (assuming there is one) explain this type of ordering?

Short answer: it doesn't.

When your preconceptions dictate your religion they eventually dictate your science as well. Both offshoots are essentially quackery in nicer clothes.

rexlunae

I consider the name "genetic" to be inappropriate, so I have ordered some books from the library in order to back up this position with hard evidence. Stay tuned.

Fair enough. To clarify, I am talking about these genetic algorithms, a subset of evolutionary computing in computer science, and in that sense "genetic algorithm" is a technical term for a field of study. My point was that the new findings in biological evolution seem to me to bring their understanding closer to the sort of evolution we can simulate on a computer. Sorry if that wasn't clear earlier.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Short answer: it doesn't.

When your preconceptions dictate your religion they eventually dictate your science as well. Both offshoots are essentially quackery in nicer clothes.

If you want to talk about the geological sedimentary layers and the fossils found within them, please start a separate thread for that purpose.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If you want to talk about the geological sedimentary layers and the fossils found within them, please start a separate thread for that purpose.

And have you do what? Consistently change the subject, not answer questions, stall, dodge, and equivocate? I can see you do that on this thread for free.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think the 1% difference might as well be 100%; evolutionists are still talking about the missing link. What is this, going on for 100 years, trying to find something that is not there, much like digging for burred treasure in my back 40; the digging may as well justify a grant, perhaps they will find a rare mineral. There are many old ape sculls, but none of them gave human size brains, and no human remains found have ape brains. The theory that the two species diverged some 4 million, or more years ago is just a theory.

I do not deny that animals have evolved, but humans evolving from apes is just an opinion. As the American Indian, how think his people descended from wolves and therefore called the wolf tribe, this evolution is just another mythology.

Fair enough, if some want to believe they evolved form ‘Lucy’ the bipedal ape, I would rather choose another explanation, thanks just the same.