The Chimp-Human 1% Difference: A Useful Lie

Hank

I think the 1% difference might as well be 100%; evolutionists are still talking about the missing link. What is this, going on for 100 years, trying to find something that is not there, much like digging for burred treasure in my back 40; the digging may as well justify a grant, perhaps they will find a rare mineral. There are many old ape sculls, but none of them gave human size brains, and no human remains found have ape brains. The theory that the two species diverged some 4 million, or more years ago is just a theory.

Ktoyou I don’t want to sound rude but you are apparently totally ignorant of what has been discovered. It’s not evolutionist that are still talking about the missing link, it’s the creationist that are talking about the missing link. So many missing links have been found that evolutionist consider the “missing link” as not a problem. But every time one is found, the creationists say it’s either an ape or a modern human, even though there is a gradual transition of skulls. The problem is, the leading creationists can not even agree on which skulls are human and which are ape. That’s pretty much the definition of a missing link.

This link is out of date in that there have been many more discoveries. But take a look and you tell me where the dividing line is between ape and human.

Here

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hank,

I may be ignorant about what scientists say about evolution, but I can have an opinion and what I stated is just that, my opinion. I do not agree about everything fundamentalists Christians say about scripture, but I do not have them giving me negative feedback because I disagree with them, as rexlunae had done because I voiced my opinion.

This is a theology forum not the scientific proof forum; one can and may express their opinions here and one does not need to prove them with the scientific method. The truth is one would have to pay me to deal with scientific thinking, as I find it a most boring endeavor. I still have the right to share my opinion and agree with what Bob is stating without any hard science argument. My opinion is just my opinion as just as worthy of respect as the next persons.

I agree that I am not one who studies evolution beyond my readings of paleontology when I was just a child and the required coursework in college.

My opinions are not necessarily in line with what creationist argue, but I am also aware that the day that scientists can say for certain that humans are just plain monkeys, the Church will not be able to stop them.

You are free to call me a loon or anything else as long as it is not outright rude! As to giving people negative feedback for holding opinions they disagree with, is a personal act of hatred and I will not tolerate it.

Mr Jack

I do not deny that animals have evolved, but humans evolving from apes is just an opinion.
No, it's an empirically supported conclusion - backed by genetic, morphological and fossil evidence.

You can hold whatever opinion you like, but if you bring your opinion to a discussion board you can also expect people to pick at the gaping holes in it. Calling it 'an opinion' doesn't exempt it from being true or false.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Right, that is what I said quite clearly. You should not, howeber, give someone negative feedback for having a differing opinion unless they are clearly attempting to be rude and disruptive. That is all I was saying.

If the thread was reserved for only hard science responses, it would be on the another forum.

fool

Hall of Fame
Chimpanzes do eat meat.
They hunt the smaller monkeys in packs and swat them out of the trees.
Then they share whatever they killed, they prefer the young ones.
Chimpanzes wage war as well.
Who'd a thunk.

Quincy

my view on evolution is that i dont see enough evidence to state that we evolved from another specie. but i see more than enough evidence to that our specie has evolved. i fully believe in cro- whatever people having existed and we have evolved from them and their ancestors but i dont think they were a totally different specie. just look around us at all the different races of people. and tribes of people in south america and africa. we arent as big a unified specie as people think. especially people who have never seen a different race person besides on tv. and believe me they exist.

Hank

Hank,

I may be ignorant about what scientists say about evolution, but I can have an opinion and what I stated is just that, my opinion. I do not agree about everything fundamentalists Christians say about scripture, but I do not have them giving me negative feedback because I disagree with them, as rexlunae had done because I voiced my opinion.

I’m not sure about your response as you seem to be very upset. And I’m really not clear what you are upset about. I didn’t criticize your opinions, I simply pointed out that if you think missing links have not been found or that no skulls have been found with human sized cranial capacity, your are ignorant of what has been discovered. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but some things are facts, not opinions. You can have the opinion that the world is flat, but it’s not a fact.

This is a theology forum not the scientific proof forum; one can and may express their opinions here and one does not need to prove them with the scientific method. The truth is one would have to pay me to deal with scientific thinking, as I find it a most boring endeavor. I still have the right to share my opinion and agree with what Bob is stating without any hard science argument. My opinion is just my opinion as just as worthy of respect as the next persons.

If your opinion is that the Jews are an inferior race, is that worthy of respect? Not all opinions are worthy of respect.

You are free to call me a loon or anything else as long as it is not outright rude! As to giving people negative feedback for holding opinions they disagree with, is a personal act of hatred and I will not tolerate it.

I would not call you a loon and didn’t call you a loon. I simply said you were ignorant of the facts. I am ignorant of most facts as there is just too much knowledge out there today for any one person to know everything. I don’t really know what your definition of “negative feedback” is, but what I said was certainly not a personal act of hatred.

Hank

What is little known and appreciated is the current remarkable population growth rate in subsahara africa, despite a high rate of early death due to diseases.

And that high rate of death has recently been decreased due to modern medicine, especially regarding HIV.

So try projecting that growth rate to the whole world for 850 years and where is your evidence for that? BTW what stopped it at the end of 850 years?

Also use even that growth rate for the 235 years (Barry Setterfield’s generous number) for the time from the flood to Babel construction. That would be 2650 people in the whole world to build the tower.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And that high rate of death has recently been decreased due to modern medicine, especially regarding HIV.

Not according to UN reports. Besides, the high rate of disease includes TB, maleria and other diseases of the tropics. There is some reason for optimism due to the reintroduction of spraying of DDT to keep the mosquito population in check.

So try projecting that growth rate to the whole world for 850 years and where is your evidence for that? BTW what stopped it at the end of 850 years?

It is likely that the population growth rate was far higher due the extended life span even following the Flood and hence the ability of women to have children well into ages considered unusual today.

Also use even that growth rate for the 235 years (Barry Setterfield’s generous number) for the time from the flood to Babel construction. That would be 2650 people in the whole world to build the tower.

No, it would be closer to a million or at least hundreds of thousands. Also the people were supposed to spread out across the world but they didn't do this, so the confusion of languages event caused them to do so.

However, none of this has anything to do with the "useful lie", the subject of this thread. I will start a new thread for discussion of population growth rates.