The Bundy ranch roundup continues!

Jose Fly

Ryan Payne, one of the leaders of the Bundy Bunch, has agreed to a plea deal for his role in the Oregon wildlife refuge occupation. Apparently he will be sentenced to 3.5 years in federal prison. Rumors also have it that he will plea bargain in Nevada (for the Bunkerville standoff) and be sentenced to 12 years in federal prison. While he may be allowed to serve those sentences concurrently, there's also no reduced sentences for good behavior and such for federal crimes.

So this guy gets 12 years via a plea deal, which tells us that if the Bundy brothers (one of whom was recently preparing an escape attempt) don't agree to a plea deal, given their leadership roles in both the Oregon and Nevada standoffs, they are likely looking at spending a very, very long time in federal prison.

You can follow all this and even read some of the court documents at the twitter feed: https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oregonstandoff?src=hash

gcthomas

Ryan Payne, one of the leaders of the Bundy Bunch, has agreed to a plea deal for his role in the Oregon wildlife refuge occupation. Apparently he will be sentenced to 3.5 years in federal prison. Rumors also have it that he will plea bargain in Nevada (for the Bunkerville standoff) and be sentenced to 12 years in federal prison. While he may be allowed to serve those sentences concurrently, there's also no reduced sentences for good behavior and such for federal crimes.

So this guy gets 12 years via a plea deal, which tells us that if the Bundy brothers (one of whom was recently preparing an escape attempt) don't agree to a plea deal, given their leadership roles in both the Oregon and Nevada standoffs, they are likely looking at spending a very, very long time in federal prison.

You can follow all this and even read some of the court documents at the twitter feed: https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oregonstandoff?src=hash

Interesting comment on one of the Twit-links:
"Because Payne pleaded guilty to a federal felony, he will no longer be able to legally possess firearms."
So much for protecting his own alleged constitutional rights with firearms …

Jose Fly

Oh yeah....all of those who've plea bargained so far won't be able to possess guns. And I think we all understand how important that is to the militia crazies.

But I guess when faced with a choice between that or spending a looooooong time in federal prison, it's an easy pick.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I notice that you don't want to discuss the evidence.

I do give you credit for knowing your limitations when it comes to debating me Mr. Fly.

Evidence of what?

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...st-to-hammond-family-persecution/#more-110497

Refute any of it if you can.

I generally don't bother for the same reason I usually don't bother with Michael Cadry.

I figured you and Mikey played for the same...ahem...team.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Regarding this statement from one of your links:

"One of the Hammonds' own relatives (a teenager) testifies that Steven Hammond gave him matches and told him to "light up the whole county on fire".

From the extensive article from the link I provided:

"(o) Federal attorneys, Frank Papagni, hunted down a witness who was not mentally capable to be credible. Dusty Hammond (grandson and nephew) testified that Steven told him to start a fire. He was 13-years-old at the time, and 24-years-old when he testified (11 years later). At 24 Dusty had been suffering with mental problems for many years. He had estranged his family including his mother. Judge Hogan noted that Dusty’s memories as a 13-year-old boy were not clear or credible. However, Judge Hogan allowed the prosecution to continually use Dusty’s testimony. When speaking to the Hammonds about this testimony, they understood Dusty was manipulated and expressed nothing but love for their troubled grandson."
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...st-to-hammond-family-persecution/#more-110497

Next.

gcthomas

"… Judge Hogan noted that Dusty’s memories as a 13-year-old boy were not clear or credible. However, Judge Hogan allowed the prosecution to continually use Dusty’s testimony. When speaking to the Hammonds about this testimony, they understood Dusty was manipulated and expressed nothing but love for their troubled grandson."

Next.

The Supreme Court papers suggest that claim is not true, unless you have more than personal website assertions:

Petitioners assert (Pet. 7) that the district court at sentencing “rejected Dusty’s version of what had happened.” That is incorrect. The court noted that Dusty was young at the time of petitioners’ offense conduct but stated that it was “sure he remembered things as best he could.” Pet. App. 14. The court made no findings contradicting, much less rejecting, Dusty’s testimony.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...02/12/hammond-cert2-br_in_opp-osg_aay_v2b.pdf

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Given all the basic factual errors in your link, I'm not inclined to just take their word for it on much of anything.

I must have missed where you refuted those factual errors Mr. Fly.

Again: Did prosecution witness Dusty Hammond have a history of mental health issues when he testified in court against the Hammonds? Was he on a drug similar to Prozac and had his grandparents sent him to therapists because of behavioral issues?

The fact remains the Hammonds were convicted in a court of law.

That is a fact Mr. Fly which no one is denying. The question is: Should they have been charged (i.e. railroaded) by a land-grabbing bureaucratic federal government to begin with?

Jose Fly

I must have missed where you refuted those factual errors Mr. Fly.

Obviously.

Again: Did prosecution witness Dusty Hammond have a history of mental health issues when he testified in court against the Hammonds?

What "mental health issues"? Be specific.

Was he on a drug similar to Prozac and had his grandparents sent him to therapists because of behavioral issues?

So? How does that equate to his testimony being unreliable?

That is a fact Mr. Fly which no one is denying.

I have very little interest in arguing a case that's long since been settled.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Again: Did prosecution witness Dusty Hammond have a history of mental health issues when he testified in court against the Hammonds?

What "mental health issues"? Be specific.

Addressed below.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Was he on a drug similar to Prozac and had his grandparents sent him to therapists because of behavioral issues?

So? How does that equate to his testimony being unreliable?

It shows that he has mental issues, something according to the Hammond defense team, prosecutors put to good use.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
That is a fact Mr. Fly which no one is denying.

I have very little interest in arguing a case that's long since been settled.

So in other words this is another one of those "rub their nose into it" threads that Jose Fly is notorious for creating?

Jose Fly

So you can't say what "mental issues" the kid had, which means you have no real basis for claiming his testimony was unreliable.

You may as well have just said "because.....reasons". :chuckle:

gcthomas

So Dusty Hammond when testifying in Superior Court did not have a history of mental health issues, including being on a medication similar to Prozac?

You claimed that a judge had rejected his testimony, but SCOTUS specifically rejected that claim. Are you rowing back from that assertion now?