The Bundy ranch roundup continues!

gcthomas

aCW, You seem to have missed out the part of your reply where you apologised for lying about the judge initially rejecting Dusty's testimony. Did you just forget, or are you deliberately trying to move so we all forget the deceit?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

So Dusty Hammond when testifying in Superior Court did not have a history of mental health issues, including being on a medication similar to Prozac?

You claimed that a judge had rejected his testimony, but SCOTUS specifically rejected that claim. Are you rowing back from that assertion now?

The kid had mental health issues and was used by the prosecution to railroad the Hammonds.

The bottom line is: Did the government have constitutional authority to coerce private land owners into selling their property for a supposed wildlife refuge?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCW, You seem to have missed out the part of your reply where you apologised for lying about the judge initially rejecting Dusty's testimony. Did you just forget, or are you deliberately trying to move so we all forget the deceit?

I haven't apologized for anything, if I did, perhaps you could refresh my memory with a quote?

Jose Fly

Ryan Bundy Declares Himself An 'Idiot' Not Subject To US Courts

Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupier Ryan Bundy filed a series of court motions late Thursday, declaring himself a sovereign citizen who isn’t subject to federal laws.

Bundy, who is representing himself in the conspiracy case against the refuge occupiers, declares himself an “idiot of the ‘Legal Society’” and not subject to federal law, according to the documents.

“I, ryan c, man, am an idiot of the ‘Legal Society’; and; am an idiot (layman, outsider) of the ‘Bar Association’; and; i am incompetent; and; am not required by any law to be competent,” Bundy wrote in a motion filed to U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown.

An incompetent idiot? Can't argue with that....:chuckle:

northwye

The war on ranchers and cowboys is bigger than the "Roundup" of the Bundys and their supporters at the Bundy Ranch.

The cowboy and rancher personality of the late 19th century and early 20th century is interesting because his personality traits contrast more and more with those of people in the U.S. after about 1960 and, even more so, in 2016. Many of the traits of the cowboy were just the opposite of those of many Americans now. He was too much of an individualist and too self-sufficient to be tolerated in the America of 2016.

Transformational Marxism, the Counter Culture and the Me Generation mindset all made the Baby Boomers less individualist and self-sufficient and more collectivist than the parents of the Baby Boomers.

When the parents of the Baby Boomers were growing up, from about 1915 through about 1950, many more Americans lived on the land out in the country or in very small villages. There were two Parent
Generations of the Baby Boomers, the World War II people and the Korean War people. Now the U.S. is much more urbanized, with an urban outlook dominant. The urban outlook is dominant in the churches. Hence a negative attitude toward ranchers and cowboys who are rural, too independent and "different."

Walter Prescott Webb claimed that the great distances and sparse population of the West encouraged self-reliance. (The Great Planes, 1931, p. 246.)

Webb also said of the settler and cowboy on the great planes that "When he made that perfect adaptation he departed farther and farther from the conventional pattern of men, and as he diverged from the conventional pattern he became more and more unusual: He made a better copy for news-writers, artist and cartoonist" (The Great Planes, 1931, p. 245).

In many states on the Great Planes now, the independent rancher who grows range fed beef and his cowboy laborers are being phased out by a society and government hostile to their independent and self-reliant and sometimes eccentric ways. Corporate owned pen feeding of cattle for consumption is the replacement for the organic range fed beef of the independent rancher and cowboy.

"Cast a cold eye On life, on death. Horseman, pass by." "Under Ben Bulben" by William Butler Yeats