The book of Revelation is Jewish

Right Divider

Body part
The book of Revelation is thoroughly Israelite in nature.

1. It is written by John, one of the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. John agreed to limit his ministry to only the circumcision (Gal 2:9).
  2. It is written to seven churches in Asia (Rev 1:11), an area that Paul was forbidden to preach in for a time (Acts 16:6).
  3. It is written to a group that are to be priests of God. That is a role that God gave to Israel. Exo 19:6
    Paul never speaks of priests in any of his thirteen epistles.
  4. It writes about the time when Christ returns to judge the earth and to set up His kingdom on the earth. Matt 6:10
  5. Twice it speaks about those that call themselves Jews, but are not. Also referring to them as "the synagogue of Satan".
  6. Those sealed in Chapter 7 are from the twelve tribes of Israel. Twelve thousand from each tribe of Israel.
  7. Throughout the book, John refers to Jesus as the Lamb of God, a term never used by Paul in his epistles.
  8. It's no surprise that there are 24 elders, i.e., 2 times 12 (12 is the number associated with Israel).
  9. The new Jerusalem comes down from heaven. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. This city is said to be the Lamb's wife.
  10. The gates of the city have the names of twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
  11. The foundations of the city have the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. (Paul is not included).
  12. The kings of the nations that are saved come into this city to bring their honor and glory.
Many, many more things could be said to continue to support this premise, but that is enough for now.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Cross-posting this here:

The book of Revelation is all about the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is Christ centered, not Israel centered.

Revelation 1
(1) The revelation of Jesus Christ ....

Yes, it is.

What is that revelation about?

It's about "the time of Jacob's Trouble."

Jacob, AKA Israel.

Saying it doesn't make it so, Tambora. Yes, the contents of the book of Revelation were given by Jesus Himself, but that doesn't put Him at the center of it, not in the way you mean it, at least.

Keep reading, Tam. The first part of the first verse does say what it is, and who it is from, but it doesn't tell you what it's about.

Spoiler
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servantsthings which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, Beginning and End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.” Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

"things which must shortly take place"
"for the time is near"
"tribulation"
"and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ," particularly the "Your brother and companion in the ... kingdom..." part

Jesus said He would return quickly to establish His Kingdom in.... Israel... but that there would be a tribulation, full of persecution, for the world, yes, but mostly for Israel, that they must "endure to the end" for Jesus to establish His Kingdom, a trial by fire.

"to show His servants"
"His servant John"
"I, John, ... your brother"

John was the Apostle of Jesus Christ, who along with Peter and the other of the Twelve, agreed to go ONLY to the Circumcision.... AKA Israel.

"To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood"

John refers to "us" here, referring, again, to his fellow Jews, Israel.

"the seven churches which are in Asia" (Asia here referring to what we today call "Turkey," otherwise known as "Asia Minor)

These seven locations are all in the same region of Asia minor, and was the region God SPECIFICALLY TOLD PAUL NOT TO GO INTO.

(For more on that, see Agape Kingdom Fellowship's sermon series on "Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey and Acts" on YouTube, found here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNmIagGtoQabuMGZN120ZqNwsoxVT22yA&si=yiCJGp7YPfAj76pm)

"has made us kings and priests to His God and Father"

ISRAEL was to be a priestly nation, sent to the rest of the world to preach God and His Son, a nation of priest kings. Reminds me of Melchizedek...

"One like the Son of Man"

As RD has pointed out before, Jesus' favorite new title for Himself was "Son of Man," where before He had always been known as the "Son of God." The "Son of Man" phrase is only found in the books relating directly to Israel, and is NOT found in Paul's gospels. Even in Acts, which is the transitional book between the gospels and Paul's writings, only has it once, PRIOR to the mention of Paul, in Acts 7:56.

All of this is JUST from the first chapter! There's so much more that is SPECIFICALLY related to Israel throughout the rest of the book it'll make your head spin!

The book IS IN FACT about Israel, no matter how much you may want to deny it.