the apocalypse

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a solution
A Crisis in the Church
a prayer? Talk of climate change? Talk of clericalism? No talk of homosexuality. Talk of mercy and forgiveness is good but some kind of change must be forced by the laity. Money is not the only thing respected by our bishops but it seems to be way ahead of whatever is in second place.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a council
A Crisis in the Church
a purpose of Vatican 2 was to make protestants comfortable. Ecumentical was the word. This made many Catholics so uncomfortable that they left. Now we hear about the spirit of Vatican 2 that seems to go on and on while even more leave way outnumbering the protestants coming in. Let's go back to making the protestants uncomfortable.
Home

clefty

a council
A Crisis in the Church
a purpose of Vatican 2 was to make protestants comfortable. Ecumentical was the word. This made many Catholics so uncomfortable that they left. Now we hear about the spirit of Vatican 2 that seems to go on and on while even more leave way outnumbering the protestants coming in. Let's go back to making the protestants uncomfortable.
Home

LOL...there it is...there is the Roman spirit! On to final victory!! A global reconquista!

Next year in Jerusalem...lol

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Truth

But what is the truth? I don't believe in indulgences, do you? Yet the church still teaches them. Do you really think that purgatory is marked by days, and that going through certain prayer rituals will shorten it by thus many days? Years ago I did the First Friday novena and First Saturday novena, I figure they're kind of like a get out of jail free card if there really is a hell. No matter if I fall away, if what the church teaches is true, I can't go to hell, I'm protected. If it's not true, no harm, it was good meditative time spent. People ask me to pray for them and I tell them I will and I tell God if he's there, hear my prayer but I don't know if I believe that he is anymore.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But what is the truth? I don't believe in indulgences, do you? Yet the church still teaches them. Do you really think that purgatory is marked by days, and that going through certain prayer rituals will shorten it by thus many days? Years ago I did the First Friday novena and First Saturday novena, I figure they're kind of like a get out of jail free card if there really is a hell. No matter if I fall away, if what the church teaches is true, I can't go to hell, I'm protected. If it's not true, no harm, it was good meditative time spent. People ask me to pray for them and I tell them I will and I tell God if he's there, hear my prayer but I don't know if I believe that he is anymore.

I can't relate to that. I have and will never question God, Jesus, or the Church. You can't let what is said about indulgences, purgatory, or hell affect your beliefs. They are just details presented by well-intentioned misinformed people. The Truth is what Jesus did and said about loving your neighbor. It's all you need to worry about.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I question the people in the Church
some of my ideas on reincarnation, pantheism, and hell are not consistent with what the Church teaches
but
they are not important. I accept all the necessary Truths of the Church

But a lot of those truths were created by men. The bishops and the popes who gave us the virgin birth, and purgatory, and indulgences and the mortal sins of missing Mass on Sunday or eating meat on Fridays (and then later just the Fridays of Lent). We literally have to have a dispensation from the bishop to eat corned beef on St. Patrick's day if it falls on a Friday in Lent. These, we are told, are necessary truths.

clefty

But a lot of those truths were created by men. The bishops and the popes who gave us the virgin birth, and purgatory, and indulgences and the mortal sins of missing Mass on Sunday or eating meat on Fridays (and then later just the Fridays of Lent). We literally have to have a dispensation from the bishop to eat corned beef on St. Patrick's day if it falls on a Friday in Lent. These, we are told, are necessary truths.

Seems like you are pretty wound up too...or just wounded:

“I tell God if he's there, hear my prayer but I don't know if I believe that he is anymore.”

Is exactly why I resent the misrepresentation of Him so much...especially by this institution which champions itself as the ONE TRUE FAITH...but then...

clefty

I can't relate to that. I have and will never question God, Jesus, or the Church. You can't let what is said about indulgences, purgatory, or hell affect your beliefs. They are just details presented by well-intentioned misinformed people. The Truth is what Jesus did and said about loving your neighbor. It's all you need to worry about.

Though you are closer to truth by your advice there is much more in what Yahushua did and said and about loving your neighbor...

unless of course you come to understand your love for others is JUST AS He loved us...that is even closer to Truth...

certainly closer than how this Roman corporation would have us love...

but Rome was NOT built in a day so I imagine it will NOT be unlearned in a day either...

but this Babylon however will fall in an hour...lol

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

and

they are the only game in town when it comes to the sanctity of life, marriage, and family.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
they are the only game in town when it comes to the sanctity of life, marriage, and family.

I'm curious. What if someone told you they'd been a lifelong atheist with no intent to change, but was married to one person for 50 years and raised a family of happy kids into responsible adults. Do you think that person would go to heaven?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
a call to action
A Revolution in the Church
a takeover by the rebels. "Now the few people manipulating the meeting were agitator-priests, Saul Alinsky types." It was 1976. The "spirit" of Vatican 2 raised its ugly head. Now it was just a matter of time. As long as the "good guys" remained silent, the takeover would be complete. And the money kept rolling in.
Home

So some Jesuits are okay? :)

From the intro: The following are the observations of Reverend Vincent P. Miceli, who participated, as a delegate, in the 1976 "Call to Action" conference held in Detroit. It was during this conference that radicals attempted to create a democratic, non-hierarchical and classless church.

Do you think those are radical ideas?

Gonna read the rest of the article, I'm very much reminded of my mom now.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So some Jesuits are okay? :)

From the intro: The following are the observations of Reverend Vincent P. Miceli, who participated, as a delegate, in the 1976 "Call to Action" conference held in Detroit. It was during this conference that radicals attempted to create a democratic, non-hierarchical and classless church.

Do you think those are radical ideas?

Gonna read the rest of the article, I'm very much reminded of my mom now.

I agree with Miceli. Whether or not he is a Jesuit does not matter.