The ACORN Story in a Nutshell

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I updated the original post to include the new San Diego video. At the San Diego office ACORN officials gave advice on how to smuggle young girls across the border.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So why is this getting national coverage when the Planned Parenthood videos got largely ignored?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So why is this getting national coverage when the Planned Parenthood videos got largely ignored?
In a roundabout way this could be good for the Planned Parenthoond videos. If these ACORN videos continue to gain steam (as they seem to be) similar undercover videos might be taken more seriously.

Ps82

Hi Stripe,
Great question. I think the answer is:
The powers that be and many American citizens are brain washed about a woman having a right to make a choice while the baby has no rights, and they think abortion is a good thing!

The press has stopped even reporting pro-life events... except maybe a one-time 15 second sound bite. I walk in a Silent March right through Atlanta every year ... where 3,000 to 4,000 people show up. Doesn't get much press. Even pro-choice people ignore the event - cause they know no one is listening.

Butterfly

What's even more sad is that they want to file charges against the 2 people who recorded this and broke the story. Acorn is threatening to sue them civilly for millions and the States Attorney is threatening to file charges against them for making those recordings.

New flash! Why not file charges against Acorn?

:mad:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's even more sad is that they want to file charges against the 2 people who recorded this and broke the story. Acorn is threatening to sue them civilly for millions and the States Attorney is threatening to file charges against them for making those recordings.

New flash! Why not file charges against Acorn?

:mad:
Which state's Attorney has threatened to charge them with a crime?

rexlunae

What you are really seeing here is liberalism exposed.

Oh yeah. Just like how the Catholic sex scandal heralded the downfall of the American right.

Left wingers act as if they stand up for minorities and women but in reality it's them who help underage women get abused, and exploited. Liberals are more than willing to help criminals cover up their crimes in the name of "tolerance". It's the same situation with Planned Parenthood which acts as if they support women but instead only help to destroy the lives of women.

I especially like the San Bernadino woman who derided the "bleeding heart liberals". Her comments clearly reflect on the left as a whole.

This is some disturbing stuff, and it seems important to investigate, but there's still very little information, and so far no indication that any knowledge of this goes any further up the organizational chain.

nicholsmom

... there's still very little information, and so far no indication that any knowledge of this goes any further up the organizational chain.

Rex, did you notice how many states this couple visited? Did you notice their geographical disparity? How wide-spread does an activity have to be, in your mind, in order to suspect that these "councilors" are being driven by a higher directive or at least by an overarching philosophy in the provision of "council?"

rexlunae

Rex, did you notice how many states this couple visited? Did you notice their geographical disparity? How wide-spread does an activity have to be, in your mind, in order to suspect that these "councilors" are being driven by a higher directive or at least by an overarching philosophy in the provision of "council?"

Well, it's just hard to know what we're seeing for sure. How often did they get this sort of response versus a less receptive response? It's likely that they've released the worst cases. Is the response they got explainable simply by the fact that ACORN hires low-income staff who might be sympathetic to these activities? It's very hard to believe that some of the things that these people were talking about (like the woman who killed her husband, for instance) are intentionally sanctioned by any organization. It seems much more likely to me that it's symptomatic of a need for better training, better hiring practices, or better policies by ACORN.

One way or another, these questions should be answered. However, it should be done by regular law-enforcement action through courts, not by writs of attainder passed by Congress.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Whats the deal with Obama in relation to ACORN? I'm not clear on this issue and it keeps coming up in my family's conversations.