The Abrahamic Religions Faiths

Right Divider

Body part
You already confessed to THREE Persons with ONE name!

That's The Trinity!
Just to be completely clear, there are no "names" there at all. There is one idiomatic expression "in the name of" which has nothing to do with proper names.

"in the name of" is an indication of authority. The three persons all have the same authority.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just to be completely clear, there are no "names" there at all. There is one idiomatic expression "in the name of" which has nothing to do proper names.

"in the name of" is an indication of authority. The three persons all have the same authority.
I do not see a problem with this and I do not know if I should.

Hawkins

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are all said to worship the same God. But adherents to these faiths or religions practice what they believe differently. Being that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, who is right if any? How do you navigate world religions in the discovery of truth? How do we know what is true righteousness? What about the claims in this post and the thread title? How can they be evaluated and picked apart?

What humans don't know is what the process of human witnessing is. Mohammed didn't make a difference.

If you understand such a process, you will notice that all prophets are eyewitness accounts of God. Mohammed is not an eyewitness account, he represents at best an angel account of testimony.

In the process, you don't need any angel to stand witness about God. Angels are not valid witnesses because they know God ever since being born. Human witnesses are about how humans who don't know God from the start but witnessed God's deeds and what He said thus consistently testify for the same God whose characteristics, as a result, were written down in the Bible from those eyewitnesses accounts.

The truth of human testimonies can be supported strongly by eyewitnesses martyring themselves in backing up what they have witnessed. That's how 10 out of 11 of Jesus' disciples died to testify the truth of Jesus. This is part of the process of human witnessing. Angels are no part of this process, it's pointless to ask the angels to martyr themselves in backing up what they said, as this doesn't work in the process of witnessing!

Quran thus is not only a counterfeit violating what witnessing is, but also a deception because at the first glance it's something very similar but it's completely something else when judging by the nature of what human witnessing is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What humans don't know is what the process of human witnessing is. Mohammed didn't make a difference.

If you understand such a process, you will notice that all prophets are eyewitness accounts of God. Mohammed is not an eyewitness account, he represents at best an angel account of testimony.

In the process, you don't need any angel to stand witness about God. Angels are not valid witnesses because they know God ever since being born. Human witnesses are about how humans who don't know God from the start but witnessed God's deeds and what He said thus consistently testify for the same God whose characteristics, as a result, were written down in the Bible from those eyewitnesses accounts.

The truth of human testimonies can be supported strongly by eyewitnesses martyring themselves in backing up what they have witnessed. That's how 10 out of 11 of Jesus' disciples died to testify the truth of Jesus. This is part of the process of human witnessing. Angels are no part of this process, it's pointless to ask the angels to martyr themselves in backing up what they said, as this doesn't work in the process of witnessing!

Quran thus is not only a counterfeit violating what witnessing is, but also a deception because at the first glance it's something very similar but it's completely something else when judging by the nature of what human witnessing is.
I think that you are saying that if you testify to facts, to what you have seen and heard, you come up with something different.

Dartman

Just to be completely clear, there are no "names" there at all. There is one idiomatic expression "in the name of" which has nothing to do with proper names.

There are only two beings. The spirit is God's mind, and the power produced by God's mind. Jesus is the man God sent from Nazareth, into the civilization of his day .... the "cosmos". God commanded Jesus, to command baptism THROUGH God's words\commandments\spirit;

Luke 4:18-21 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."
20 And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Right Divider

Body part
There are only two beings. The spirit is God's mind, and the power produced by God's mind. Jesus is the man God sent from Nazareth, into the civilization of his day .... the "cosmos". God commanded Jesus, to command baptism THROUGH God's words\commandments\spirit;
There are THREE persons mentioned in Matthew 28:19. That is why there are TWO uses of the word AND to connect them.

The Father AND the SON AND the Holy Ghost.

Luke 4:18-21 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."
20 And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."
So?

Act 5:3 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

A person can only lie to another person. That's how it works.

Dartman

There are THREE persons mentioned in Matthew 28:19. That is why there are TWO uses of the word AND to connect them.
No, there are not. There are two beings, and God's spirit mentioned. The word "person" isn't in the verse, at all.

Right Divider} [INDENT said:
Act 5:3 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?[/INDENT]

A person can only lie to another person. That's how it works.
Yep, God is the being to whom the spirit belongs... IT is His spirit.... His power. They were lying to God's spirit .... which is lying to Jehovah/YHVH God, the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
No, there are not. There are two beings, and God's spirit mentioned. The word "person" isn't in the verse, at all.
The WORD "person" does not need to be there. The verse itself describes three persons. That you resist is your own problem.

Yep, God is the being to whom the spirit belongs... IT is His spirit.... His power. They were lying to God's spirit .... which is lying to Jehovah/YHVH God, the Father.
The verse does not say that the Father was lied to.

The three are one whether you like it our not.

glorydaz

So you reject the teachings of the Apostle Paul?

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Hawkins

I think that you are saying that if you testify to facts, to what you have seen and heard, you come up with something different.

No, what I was saying is that humans usually get to a truth by means of human witnessing. Human witnessing is the way how humans usually get to a truth (of any kind). However humans themselves don't know that human witnessing is such a way leading them to truth. They have no knowledge about what the nature of human witnessing is.

Quran is written by humans who have no idea about what human witnessing is, thus violates the process of what human witnessing is. In contrary, Bible is from someone (not necessarily a human) who doesn't violate the process of human witnessing.

That's what I was saying.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, what I was saying is that humans usually get to a truth by means of human witnessing. Human witnessing is the way how humans usually get to a truth (of any kind). However humans themselves don't know that human witnessing is such a way leading them to truth. They have no knowledge about what the nature of human witnessing is.

Quran is written by humans who have no idea about what human witnessing is, thus violates the process of what human witnessing is. In contrary, Bible is from someone (not necessarily a human) who doesn't violate the process of human witnessing.

That's what I was saying.

What is human witnessing if you want to clarify? Thanks.

Hawkins

What is human witnessing if you want to clarify? Thanks.

Of course. To simply put, humans usually get to a truth through a "middle man" instead of examining the proof. That's why you can get to the fact that black holes exist, without any evidence presented to you. It means, even a scientific truth is conveyed to the mass of human kind not by evidence but rather by the "testimonies" of scientists.

There are other kinds of truth besides science. Science is just one of them. For an example, our history is basically made up of human testimonies. We can't go back to examine whether what is said truly happened. More often we have to rely our faith in the authors and what they have written down to get to what could possibly happen in the past. This is the process of human witnessing. We get to know what could possibly happen through our faith in the "middle man" which are our historians living long before us.

Similarly, the prophets are the chosen "middle man" by God to witness His deeds and speeches for the rest of human kind to get to know who He is by putting faith in what is said.

Again, I try to put it into an analog (may not be a good one though). We believe aliens and UFOs not because self claimed aliens wrote a book for us to read. We believe because we have fellow humans reported them as claimed eyewitnesses. In this analog, Quran is sourced from the "aliens" while the Bible is from our fellow humans claimed to be eyewitnesses.

Quran is thus not compatible to the process of human witnessing!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course. To simply put, humans usually get to a truth through a "middle man" instead of examining the proof. That's why you can get to the fact that black holes exist, without any evidence presented to you. It means, even a scientific truth is conveyed to the mass of human kind not by evidence but rather by the "testimonies" of scientists.

There are other kinds of truth besides science. Science is just one of them. For an example, our history is basically made up of human testimonies. We can't go back to examine whether what is said truly happened. More often we have to rely our faith in the authors and what they have written down to get to what could possibly happen in the past. This is the process of human witnessing. We get to know what could possibly happen through our faith in the "middle man" which are our historians living long before us.

Similarly, the prophets are the chosen "middle man" by God to witness His deeds and speeches for the rest of human kind to get to know who He is by putting faith in what is said.

Again, I try to put it into an analog (may not be a good one though). We believe aliens and UFOs not because self claimed aliens wrote a book for us to read. We believe because we have fellow humans reported them as claimed eyewitnesses. In this analog, Quran is sourced from the "aliens" while the Bible is from our fellow humans claimed to be eyewitnesses.

Quran is thus not compatible to the process of human witnessing!

Are you talking about first hand knowledge? The Bible talks about what we have seen and heard.

Hawkins

Are you talking about first hand knowledge? The Bible talks about what we have seen and heard.

No. I am talking about how a truth is/can be conveyed among humans.

I will give you another example here. What did you eat in your Christmas dinner last year?

The only way (under most circumstances) we humans could possibly get to know is either you or an eyewitness (the "middle man") who recorded down what you ate that day for the rest of human kind to possibly get ot know.

This is the process of human witnessing through which humans approaching a truth by putting faith in a "middle man". More often it remains the only efficient way for a truth to convey!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. I am talking about how a truth is/can be conveyed among humans.

I will give you another example here. What did you eat in your Christmas dinner last year?

The only way (under most circumstances) we humans could possibly get to know is either you or an eyewitness (the "middle man") who recorded down what you ate that day for the rest of human kind to possibly get ot know.

This is the process of human witnessing through which humans approaching a truth by putting faith in a "middle man". More often it remains the only efficient way for a truth to convey!

I do not celebrate Christmas.

But in the Bible there is something about what we have seen and heard. This is relating things to other humans.

Luke 7:22 NASB - 22 And He answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: [the] BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT, [the] lame walk, [the] lepers are cleansed, and [the] deaf hear, [the] dead are raised up, [the] POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.

John 3:32 NASB - 32 "What He has seen and heard, of that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.

Acts 4:20 NASB - 20 for we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard."

Acts 22:15 NASB - 15 'For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard.

1 John 1:3 NASB - 3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.