ECT The 4 major Christian baptisms

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

John 10:15-16 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father, and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring and they will hear My voice and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Jesus, as the Good Shepherd, belongs to Israel.

We that are God's now are not part of that as Israel is fallen.

We are a NEW CREATURE, old things has passed away, behold all things are NEW.

You folks have a fixation on the EARTHLY ministry when you should be appreciating that God is doing NOW!

Jesus came DOWN from heaven to give Paul a message and a ministry that you confuse and reject.

You try to mix it all together and make an absolute mess of it.

Jerry Shugart

I've been intending to tell you, Jerry, that since you've been back and had that picture of Anderson, I've been going back and rereading some of his books, like 'Forgotten Truths', 'The Coming Prince', etc.

I appreciate your reminding me of his very valuable work.

I think that his best work is "The Gospel And Its Ministry."

DAN P

Paul also belonged to Israel and served her King.

Hi jamie and those Phil 3;;4-6 says that he was a Jew 1 Cor 15:8 and Gal 1:15 Paul was separated for a new message and DISPENSATION !!

1 Cor 15L8 was separated from Israel and Gal 3:28 , Paul is now a NEW CREATURE in Christ !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi , Jerry , and glad to see this !!

And I do like you Jerry , when I saw you on a different forum !!

Since you believe what Eph 4:5 means , ONLY BAPTISM by the Holy Spirit there is not DIPPING , WASHING , WATER , IMMERSION OR CEREMONIAL cleansing of any kind in the DISPEMSATION of the Grace of God !!

Do you agree ??

If you disagree , give your verses !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Since you believe what Eph 4:5 means , ONLY BAPTISM by the Holy Spirit there is not DIPPING , WASHING , WATER , IMMERSION OR CEREMONIAL cleansing of any kind in the DISPEMSATION of the Grace of God !!

Here is what I said on an earlier post on this thread:

When a believer is baptized into the Body of Christ he receives life. And it is the Spirit which gives life, as witnessed by these words of the Lord Jesus:

"It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

How could the Lord Jesus say that His "words" are Spirit and they are life?:

Because the gospel comes in the power of the Holy Spirit:

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance" (1 Thess.1:5).​

And once again,we see that the baptism into the Body of Christ is "BY" the One Spirit:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Right Divider

Body part
Paul also belonged to Israel and served her King.
That is completely irrelevant to the discussion here, but thanks for another rabbit trail.

Paul rejected the King when He was ON EARTH.

The RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ is the one that Paul knows and received his commission from.

That is EXACTLY why Paul tells us that we are not to know Christ "after the flesh".

2Cor 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.

It is the fixators, like you, that cannot get this message through your heads.

DAN P

Here is what I said on an earlier post on this thread:

When a believer is baptized into the Body of Christ he receives life. And it is the Spirit which gives life, as witnessed by these words of the Lord Jesus:

"It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

How could the Lord Jesus say that His "words" are Spirit and they are life?:

Because the gospel comes in the power of the Holy Spirit:

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance" (1 Thess.1:5).​

And once again,we see that the baptism into the Body of Christ is "BY" the One Spirit:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Hi Jerry and I really did not want to say this BUT you are not a good DANCER !!~

This is what 1 Cor 12:13 really means !!

#1 , First the Holy Spirit BAPTIZO / PLACES all saved just SAVED believers into the B O C and that is why the AORIST GTENSE is used which points to your time of salvation !!

The second verb is MADE TO DRINK , also in the AORIST TENSE which happens at the time all are saved !!

Here we see that it makes no DIFFERENCE between Jews and Gentiles , because as Gal 3:28 says there CANNOT BE Jews or GENTILES because all in the B O C become a NEW MAN , Eph 2:15 !!

Made to DRINK is GREEK translitered Greek word with many meaning , like #1 made to drink #2 to Feed #3 to saturate ones mind , are just a feww examples !!

By verse 14-20 explains that we all have a place in the B O C and many GIFTS in the B O C !!

The Holy Spirit gives all the POWER to learn and grow in GRACE to glorify God and reap rewards at the BEMA SEAT !!

i CAN say that you are not a dispensationalist , you are not as you try to use John and many other books that are written to Jews and I know that that they are bible and they do have valuable words like 1 John 5:7 and 8 and also Jojn 1:1 that also proves that Jesus is God !!

By the way 1 Cor 12:13 and Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 are talking about the same thing , just using different words and I believe that there also one in Romans !!

dan p

Wick Stick

It is ridiculous to argue that water baptism is the one baptism to the exclusion of the baptism where the Holy Spirit baptizes believers into the Body of Christ.
That isn't what I said. Your reading comprehension leaves a bit to be desired.

I said that water baptism and spirit baptism aren't two different things. They're just one thing, viewed from several different angles.

Several people participate in it. That doesn't make it several different things.

In an adoption, the mother AND the father AND the kid being adopted all have to consent. Not only do they take actions to satisfy legal requirements, but they also announce the event socially, make introductions, and otherwise make sure everyone knows of the new affiliation between child and parents.

This is the same thing. Multiple things have to happen. The believer must consent to the adoption. The LORD must baptize by the Spirit. And the church, as the visible agency of Christ in this world, throws a party to announce the new affiliation.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a lame ceremony, what with the visual enactment of immersion to show the not-visible spiritual immersion.

The water is there to show what has already happened. Not to make something happen. Try not to confuse the two. That there is no magic salvic water should be apparent.

Jarrod

Wick Stick

How did that preclude Paul from being a son of Jacob?
I realize it's a rhetorical question, but there's actually an answer, which ties into this thread:

When one is adopted by new parents, the connection to the old parents is severed.

Right Divider

Body part
That isn't what I said. Your reading comprehension leaves a bit to be desired.

I said that water baptism and spirit baptism aren't two different things. They're just one thing, viewed from several different angles.

Several people participate in it. That doesn't make it several different things.

In an adoption, the mother AND the father AND the kid being adopted all have to consent. Not only do they take actions to satisfy legal requirements, but they also announce the event socially, make introductions, and otherwise make sure everyone knows of the new affiliation between child and parents.

This is the same thing. Multiple things have to happen. The believer must consent to the adoption. The LORD must baptize by the Spirit. And the church, as the visible agency of Christ in this world, throws a party to announce the new affiliation.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a lame ceremony, what with the visual enactment of immersion to show the not-visible spiritual immersion.

The water is there to show what has already happened. Not to make something happen. Try not to confuse the two. That there is no magic salvic water should be apparent.

Jarrod
It's this entire "story" that's lame and confused.

Israel was given many baptisms; some with water and some with blood (and NONE were by immersion).

None of those have any place in the body of Christ today.

Churchianity has so many confused devotees these days.

Wick Stick

It's this entire "story" that's lame and confused.

Israel was given many baptisms; some with water and some with blood (and NONE were by immersion).

None of those have any place in the body of Christ today.

Churchianity has so many confused devotees these days.
Is poor reading comprehension contagious? Did you catch it from Jerry?

If you actually read the "story" in question, you'll see that it actually AGREES with you that the water is not important. :duh:

Right Divider

Body part
Is poor reading comprehension contagious? Did you catch it from Jerry?

If you actually read the "story" in question, you'll see that it actually AGREES with you that the water is not important. :duh:
It's not only unimportant, it's inappropriate. :doh:

Your post was confused and you're too confused to even know it. And it is you that has comprehension problems.

Wick Stick

It's not only unimportant, it's inappropriate. :doh:

Your post was confused and you're too confused to even know it. And it is you that has comprehension problems.
It makes perfect sense for anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear. The problem is that you lack those things.

Try to straighten up yer antennae before you go putting others on blast.