ECT Tet and IP: so what's the bottom line, really?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
*You'll celebrate a resurgence of Judaism.
*You might cause a massive war.
*It's bad enough to contradict Paul about two gospels. (Hint: did he use 'anathema' about anything else?)
*It turns Christ in Mt24A in to a space case, talking on and on 'urgently' about things X000 years in the future.
*It has already resulted in an unbelievable amount of ridicule of an evangelist who used the facts of the DofJ correctly, and confused the issue of whether it is a good thing to defeat a destructive skeptic like Payne in the public arena.

Will we bring about "A Zombie Apocalypse , as well?"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But yeah, turn off your computer and go spend time with your wife and children while you still have them, you obviously obssessed loser.

Yet once again, when a Darby follower is shown the errors of Dispensationalism, the Darby follower resorts to ad hominem against the person who presents the errors.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Darby followers are responsible for the obesity epidemic, too.

No, but a lot of what's wrong in the Middle East is because of Dispensationalism.

George W Bush made decisions on the Middle East from Dispensational pastors that convinced him as advisors that certain events that were taking place were prophesied in the Bible.

The British Mandate, Balfour Declaration, and Peel Commission all had influence from Dispensationalists.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, but a lot of what's wrong in the Middle East is because of Dispensationalism.

George W Bush made decisions on the Middle East from Dispensational pastors that convinced him as advisors that certain events that were taking place were prophesied in the Bible.

The British Mandate, Balfour Declaration, and Peel Commission all had influence from Dispensationalists.

Did "Darby Followers" have anything to do with the Kennedy assassination TeT?
How about the "Black Plague" that swept across Europe?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

John Nelson Darby was the founder of Abu Dhabi.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John Nelson Darby was the founder of Abu Dhabi.

No, but John Nelson Darby was one of the original founding members of the Plymouth Brethren.

"My brother I am a constant reader of the Bible, and I soon found out what I was taught to believe did not always agree with what my Bible said. I came to see I must either part company with John Darby, or my precious Bible, and I chose to cling to my Bible and part from Mr. Darby." - George Mueller, former Brethren member.

You need to do the same thing steko. Start believing what the Bible says instead of what Darby said.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but John Nelson Darby was one of the original founding members of the Plymouth Brethren.

"My brother I am a constant reader of the Bible, and I soon found out what I was taught to believe did not always agree with what my Bible said. I came to see I must either part company with John Darby, or my precious Bible, and I chose to cling to my Bible and part from Mr. Darby." - George Mueller, former Brethren member.

You need to do the same thing steko. Start believing what the Bible says instead of what Darby said.

Do you suppose that this is the only split between believers over doctrine?

PS: You are not really asking me to believe what the Bible says.
You are asking me to believe your interpretation of what the Bible says.
That would be impossible.

Wick Stick

Darby followers are the reason "Doogie Howser" was canceled in 1993.
Well, now I have to hate you. And just when I was starting to warm up to you, chucklehead.

Harold-Kumar-Neil-Patrick_l.jpg

Wick Stick

Can I take a crack at the OP? I'm not xactly a preterist, but as an ex-dispensationalist, I find myself sympathetic to their cause of opposing dispensational end-times teaching.

More to the point: EXACTLY what is at stake for us if we won't believe it?[/B]
The problem I have with the end-times teaching of many disp churches, is that they teach that God is absent from the world, and Christians are just waiting for Him to return. This abrogates the responsibility of the believer to act as God's hands and feet in the world.

As nearly as I can tell, the gospel is precisely the opposite of this. The good news is that God is here, in us and among us. To try to get directly to the point, God has a body currently, and that body is currently in the world, where it should be doing things, fixing thing, fixing people. We are that body.

What will happen to one who fails to believe it? Nothing! Nothing will happen, and that is a shame. Something should happen. God should be working through Christians to accomplish things.

A wussified group of Christians who sit around waiting for Someone to show up to save them is no good to anyone at all.

Danoh

Our only job as ambassadors is the ministry of reconciliation.

We are not here to fix the world system. It cannot be fixed. It must be destroyed by the LORD.

Darby would have agreed with that :)

"Further, what is the ministry of the Church of Christ? They are as ambassadors in Christ's stead, beseeching men to be reconciled to God, and ministering that grace and truth of which the fulness is in Him, according to the wisdom given unto them, gathering that very congregation of souls of which I have spoken, and edifying them when gathered.”
(Collected Writings, 1:4-6)

whitestone

Think about it Tet,,,you are speaking of the issue between him and the French pres. which was that he told him that Gog and Magog was rising up in Iraq...

So lets see now Dispies believe that the Mill. has not yet began(parentheses)and that the events leading up to them are "future".

Now on the other hand for Bush to believe that "Gog/Magog" being deceived by the Devil,after being loosed for a little season equals what?,,,oh yes thats right "preterism!!!",,,yep only an preterist would think Gog/Magog prophecies were being fulfilled in our days in the middle east,,,

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/politics/2012/10/kurt-eichenwald-500-days-excerpt

Last edited: