Ted Cruz: 'On 9/11, I Didn't Like How Rock Music Responded

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Ted Cruz: 'On 9/11, I Didn't Like How Rock Music Responded: "Ever since 2001, I listen to country music," presidential hopeful says] "Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz :cigar: stopped listening to rock and roll and took up country music after 9/11. The 44-year-old Republican Texas senator, who announced he would be running for president this week, recently fielded questions about his personality on CBS This Morning, where he revealed the change in his listening habits.

"Music is interesting," he said. "I grew up listening to classic rock, and I'll tell you sort of an odd story: My music taste changed on 9/11. And it's very strange. I actually intellectually find this very curious. But on 9/11, I didn't like how rock music responded. And country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me.

"And I have to say, it just is a gut-level. I had an emotional reaction that says, these are my people," Cruz said of country artists. "So ever since 2001, I listen to country music. But I'm an odd country music fan, because I didn't listen to it prior to 2001..." Full text: Ted Cruz: 'On 9/11, I Didn't Like How Rock Music Responded

"Country music promotes drunkenness and adultery." ~ Adrian Rogers 1 Co 6:9-10, Phil 4:8

redneck.gif

Ladder to Heaven

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Country music promotes drunkenness and adultery." ~ Adrian Rogers

It really kind of does ...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
:freak:

how did rock music respond?

:guitar: Highway to Hell ~ AC/DC :burnlib:

"Hell—the place of eternal torment. Described as: Everlasting fire (Matt. 25:41), Everlasting punishment (Matt. 25:46), Outer darkness (Matt. 8:12), Everlasting destruction (2 Thess. 1:9), Lake of fire (Rev. 19:20); Prepared for: Devil and his angels (Matt. 25:41), Wicked (Rev. 21:8), Disobedient (Rom. 2:8, 9), Fallen angels (2 Pet. 2:4), Beast and the false prophet (Rev. 19:20), Worshipers of the beast (Rev. 14:11), Rejectors of the Gospel (Matt. 10:15); Punishment of, described as: Bodily (Matt. 5:29, 30), In the soul (Matt. 10:28), With degrees (Matt. 23:14)." Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 283). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
["Country music promotes drunkenness and adultery." ~ Adrian Rogers] "It really kind of does..."
To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. (Tt 1:15).

298762_273969979383138_786053264_n.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
What the world is Cruz babbling about? Rockers "responded" with albums like The Rising (Springsteen) or sang a song called "Freedom" (McCartney) at the Super Bowl.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Ted Cruz: 'On 9/11, I Didn't Like How Rock Music Responded

Correct me if I'm wrong here sd, but didn't you get a rather long ban because of all of the country music you linked to a thread a while back?
hypnotized.gif

"I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided,
and that is the lamp of experience.
I know of no way of judging the future but by the past."

"We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth...
For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth;
to know the worst; and to provide for it."

“It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!”

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased
at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take;
but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry Jn 8:36

Last edited: