TAMMUZ LENT IT

OCTOBER23

Who is Tammuz and how is he associated with the 40 days of LENT ?:think:

Ezekiel 8:14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD’S house

which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.:devil:

Spitfire

There is no association. We don't weep for Tammuz. We don't care about Tammuz. We don't even necessarily weep. We fast and voluntarily deny ourselves pleasures of the world (well... we're supposed to anyway...) like Jesus did in Mark 1, Matthew 4, and Luke 4.

Maybe you should tell Jesus that spending 40 days in the desert was a bad idea since it loosely seems to mimic something some pagans once did. (Speaking of which, pagans prayed too... maybe Christians should stop praying?) :help:

Greg Jennings

There is no association. We don't weep for Tammuz. We don't care about Tammuz. We don't even necessarily weep. We fast and voluntarily deny ourselves pleasures of the world (well... we're supposed to anyway...) like Jesus did in Mark 1, Matthew 4, and Luke 4.

Maybe you should tell Jesus that spending 40 days in the desert was a bad idea since it loosely seems to mimic something some pagans once did. (Speaking of which, pagans prayed too... maybe Christians should stop praying?) :help:

The Pandora's box of adopted pagan practices has been opened

OCTOBER23

According to Catholics, Lent is derived from the 40 days Yeshua spent fasting in the wilderness, but it is admitted that the observance of Lent was unknown to the disciples and it did not find its way into the church until several centuries after the time of the Messiah. Lent was an indispensible preliminary to the great annual festival in commemoration of the death and resurrection of Tammuz -- which was celebrated by alternate weeping and rejoicing. So the 40 days of Lent is connected with the Babylonian goddess Ashtoreth/ Astarte/Ishtar (the origin of the word Easter), and the worship of Tammuz.

Spitfire

According to Catholics, Lent is derived from the 40 days Yeshua spent fasting in the wilderness, but it is admitted that the observance of Lent was unknown to the disciples and it did not find its way into the church until several centuries after the time of the Messiah. Lent was an indispensible preliminary to the great annual festival in commemoration of the death and resurrection of Tammuz -- which was celebrated by alternate weeping and rejoicing. So the 40 days of Lent is connected with the Babylonian goddess Ashtoreth/ Astarte/Ishtar (the origin of the word Easter), and the worship of Tammuz.
When you copy and paste from websites, that makes it look like you don't have a mind of your own.

Maybe you really don't.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, English is a pagan language. That's the real problem with "Easter" if you insist on looking at it that way. In other languages the name of the same holy day doesn't look or sound like "Ishtar" at all.

If we apply your line of reasoning, Christians everywhere must stop speaking English at once. And should especially abhor English translations of the Bible (if they really knew anything about scripture they already would anyway).

OCTOBER23

SPITFIRE said,
When you copy and paste from websites, that makes
it look like you don't have a mind of your own.
------------------------------------------------------------

SPITFIRE, do you hold LENT or EASTER as Important to you - if so,

then you are disobeying God.

We have the Mind of Christ or didn't you know that ?

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?

But we have the mind of Christ.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet,

and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
SPITFIRE said,
When you copy and paste from websites, that makes
it look like you don't have a mind of your own.
------------------------------------------------------------

SPITFIRE, do you hold LENT or EASTER as Important to you - if so,

then you are disobeying God.

We have the Mind of Christ or didn't you know that ?

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?

But we have the mind of Christ.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

For ALL Christians Easter is observed in remembrance of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus, no pagan worship.

Zeke

For ALL Christians Easter is observed in remembrance of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus, no pagan worship.

Gerald Massey, Robert Taylor, Alvin Boyd Kuhn, and myriads of other scholars disagree with ya, I know their all wrong.

RBBI

It comes down to this question: if it's not pleasing to Him, why would you want to do it anyway? He was very specific in detailing how and when He wanted to receive collective worship. Peace

OCTOBER23

PATRICJANE said,
For ALL Christians Easter is observed in remembrance of the crucifixion,
burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus, no pagan worship.
=================================
EASTER EGGS AND BUNNIES ARE NOT SCRIPTURAL.

STOP KEEPING PAGAN RITUALS

==========================

JESUS said to keep the Foot washing service at Passover.

John 13:12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments,

and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

John 13:15 For I have given you an example,

that ye should do as I have done to you.

RBBI

A wise man once said, don't condemn the darkness, introduce more light. They will never let go of the false until they have seen the personal value of the true.

If you tell a homeless child to put down a dirty doll, they will not do it. But if you give them a new clean one to exchange, they'll surrender the dirty old one in a heartbeat.

Coming to Him as a child, also means humbling yourself to think like a child, because they are the ones we cannot turn away, for such is the kingdom. Peace

OCTOBER23

RBBI,

GOD SAID , CRY ALOUD , SHOW MY PEOPLE THEIR SINS.

RBBI

What saved you? His love or His condemnation of your sins? Condemnation ministers death to the hearer. All I'm saying is, there must be balance and the timing of the Lord. All trees bear fruit in THEIR season, not ours. We are to be instant in season and out. Peace