Tambora's SPOTD, Steko

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I love this post!
Steko defends the uncreated eternalness of Christ.

I used to think that way, but Christ is an IMAGE. An image of something is not the something that it is an image of. All images are creations. I believe that at one time the father was alone.
If the Father was alone eternally, then He could not have been conscious, for consciousness involves a 'knower' and a 'known'.
Also, He could not have been 'self-conscious', for self-consciousness involves a 'knower', a 'known' and a 'knower' who knows that the knower is known.
This is the similar triunity which we observe in our own being.

Keypurr, do you know yourself. Is yourself you. Is the knower of yourself you? Is the knower that yourself is known you?
One must realize that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, that is when he came into existance. Christ, the express image of the father was the first of creation, God created everything through his son Christ. Realize also that Christ was a spirit like his father. He lowered himself to dwell in Jesus.
GOD is not 'a' spirit. GOD is pure spirit being and the same spirit with Christ.
God is not a man, God is a spirit. Christ was also a spirit, Jesus was a man. Jesus is the body God prepared to hold his son Christ.
GOD is not 'a' spirit.

The SON eternally proceeds from the Father.

Try saying this three times real fast:
self-consciousness involves a 'knower', a 'known' and a 'knower' who knows that the knower is known.
:first:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Tam!
:e4e:

It may not do much for some people, but when I came to understand this truth of personhood, which involves self-consciousness and self-determination, it sure did a lot for me. When I observe the triunity of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person within my own being it goes a long way toward helping me understand the concept of us being created in GOD's image. We are fearfully and wonderfully made and are distinct from the rest of creation, in this regard.
Also.....it convinces me that GOD is necessarily triune from all eternity.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks Tam!
:e4e:

It may not do much for some people, but when I came to understand this truth of personhood, which involves self-consciousness and self-determination, it sure did a lot for me. When I observe the triunity of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person within my own being it goes a long way toward helping me understand the concept of us being created in GOD's image. We are fearfully and wonderfully made and are distinct from the rest of creation, in this regard.
Also.....it convinces me that GOD is necessarily triune from all eternity.
Man I love studying with you.
Gives me goosebumps!
yahoo.gif

glorydaz

Man I love studying with you.
Gives me goosebumps!
yahoo.gif

Me too. :thumb:

I heard Steko share some on this before, and it blew me away. Course, I had to read it about four times before I could train my mind to follow his thought, and I still can't adequately share it with others.

So, this was a great pick, Tam. Maybe we could talk him into starting a thread on it. Problem is...LA, Oatmeal, and Keypurr would high-jack it and then I'd never keep my concentration.

Great job, Steko. I'm so glad you post on this board. :first:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I heard Steko share some on this before, and it blew me away. Course, I had to read it about four times before I could train my mind to follow his thought, and I still can't adequately share it with others.

So, this was a great pick, Tam. Maybe we could talk him into starting a thread on it. Problem is...LA, Oatmeal, and Keypurr would high-jack it and then I'd never keep my concentration.

Hmmm.
Actually, a social group could be created just for this topic, and only those invited could join the discussion.

That is, if Steko has the time to delve into this a little further.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Thank you!
As I've said before, I stand on other's shoulders. I've read a lot of Theology.

I began to take an intense interest in the concept of 'personality/personhood/persons' in my studies of Patristics, heresies in the early church and the development of trinitarian terminology. I began reading the works of Dr Francis Schaeffer in the early 80's, not long after my salvation. Dr. Schaeffer emphasized the 'image of GOD' in us, as analogical to GOD as a 'person/persons'.
I was left hungry for more concerning our 'personhood', and so have rooted out whatever I could find among the Christian theologians.
Though I don't encourage Christians to delve into eastern mysticism, my past experience of introspection and meditation make it very obvious that within my being there is 'I' recognizing 'I', and there is an 'I' which observes that 'I' have recognized 'I', and all the while, it is the same 'I' in all three modes. However, since what we have from GOD is only 'analogical/similar' and not 'identical', whatever is in GOD as 'personal', is infinitely greater, to the point of incomprehensiblility. So, is it any wonder that we should find GOD speaking of Himself as 'us' and 'elohim/GODs'. This is not the sort of terminology that one would expect to find if the Bible was trying to communicate unitarianism.