Talking about the Military when you are not in the Military... is it possible?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Israel has mandatory military service for both male and female Jews.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Sixteenth Day. It is Yom, Day.

It is the Men of Israel that can go to war according to the Torah.

Are you familiar with the age for us Levites to join the legion of the service of the Tent of Meeting? From twenty-five years of age and up. From this week's Torah Portion. This may not be what you are saying or what you want to hear, but the question of Levi's part to play in the wars of Israel is relevant to me. Should it be that we go to war or that we are involved in any war or that we fight not having gone to war.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On the question posed, I don't see why not, though I'd hope that before speaking to or about any particular topic the person doing so would make certain they had sufficient information to either issue an informed opinion or at least to ask intelligent questions on it.

It is Yom, Day. The Third Month. The Tenth Day.
Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for your doing the Yom, etc. in your posts?

I have no need or reason, but I ask this question because women in the military came up on the radio yesterday with a woman host who has ties to the Supreme Court, so I turned it off and didn't listen to any of it.
I find listening to disparate voices, especially those we differ with, is integral to a sufficiently broad understanding of a topic.

:cheers:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
On the question posed, I don't see why not, though I'd hope that before speaking to or about any particular topic the person doing so would make certain they had sufficient information to either issue an informed opinion or at least to ask intelligent questions on it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for your doing the Yom, etc. in your posts?

I find listening to disparate voices, especially those we differ with, is integral to a sufficiently broad understanding of a topic.

:cheers:

Yom means Day. Many people do things during the day, such as make a post on Theology Online. I have chosen the tribe of Levi. A Calendar Day is Night and Day. Laylah (or, Layehlah / Layelah) (not Layla) and Yom. It keeps track of my communication with others and leaves a record of when the post is made.

There was no moon here last night. At least, I did not see it when I looked for it.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) the Third Month the Seventeenth Day.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yom means Day. Many people do things during the day, such as make a post on Theology Online. I have chosen the tribe of Levi. A Calendar Day is Night and Day. Laylah (or, Layehlah / Layelah) (not Layla) and Yom. It keeps track of my communication with others and leaves a record of when the post is made.

There was no moon here last night. At least, I did not see it when I looked for it.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) the Third Month the Seventeenth Day.
Okay. I was just curious because the date and time are also kept by post at the top of each. Now during the day of posting it says "today" and then the time. And it will say "yesterday" tomorrow, but thereafter it will reveal the literal date and time of each post.

Nothing wrong with doubling down if it suits you though. :e4e:

Oh, as for women in the military, I don't have a problem with it, though I'd rather they weren't on the front lines in a combat position for a number of reasons, none of which have much to do with their ability to perform the needed tasks. I think it opens women to abuse that would adversely affect morale and the national will, at least in our present composition and cultural footing.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay. I was just curious because the date and time are also kept by post at the top of each. Now during the day of posting it says "today" and then the time. And it will say "yesterday" tomorrow, but thereafter it will reveal the literal date and time of each post.

Nothing wrong with doubling down if it suits you though. :e4e:

Oh, as for women in the military, I don't have a problem with it, though I'd rather they weren't on the front lines in a combat position for a number of reasons, none of which have much to do with their ability to perform the needed tasks. I think it opens women to abuse that would adversely affect morale and the national will, at least in our present composition and cultural footing.

Thank you for your comments.

As for the date or time, the Roman World is a thing of the past.

I am Jewish. I observe the Jewish Calendar beginning each month with Rosh Chodesh. Also, the days of the week.

I can discuss a time with you if you would like me to.

I have a degree in Computer Engineering and in Computer Science. Also the Levitical Priesthood. When exactly is it day, yom?

A computer has a clock. With the internet do we also keep track of when a post is made? What about day, the sun, and daylight, even with Jewish Time Reckoning, as clocks exist in the world, and this would be different from house to house or from one timezone to the next. Think from Israel. But as we in the United States of America observe our day.