Summit Clock Experiment 2.0: Time is Absolute

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Is yours, that you must dismiss it out of hand?
This is not "out of hand." I dismiss it because there is, after all this time, no definitive empirical evidence to support it.

Yeah, I don't see any explanation on that page.

Pay attention Open Theists: Once you have something controlling God, like time, He is no longer God. Do you understand this?
Are you still making the same tired argument that if time was not created by God then it must necessarily control Him?

Your brain must be quite limited as it still doesn't grasp the idea that time exists as a result of God existing, and therefore it is a response to that existence and therefore the control flows from God, in a passive manner.

Look, God has to be 'omni'.' Why? Because such is the definition of all powerful logically. Because the Bible declares God is Omipotent. It says He knows everything and it says that no thing (nothing) can contain Him.
He has to be omni what?

And what is "everything"? Is it not all that exists to be known? So then the question is regarding what exists to be known, not whether God can know that which does. We do not argue that God cannot know things that exist as objects of knowledge, we argue that there are things that don't exist and thus cannot be known.

Can God contain Himself?

Once anything can 'contain' God, then He is no longer omnipresent. Once anything can control God, He is no long "Almighty God" (time controls Him instead of Him controlling time). I don't think you people really understand this and you need to. Please turn off your brains no longer, not even for a pet doctrine that somehow makes you feel warm and fuzzy. It is nowhere in scripture despite Boyd or Sanders saying otherwise. They are/were both being foolish, if they ever get over this immaturity. It is lousy thinking.
When you can actually show your theology on this subject in Scripture, instead of being a hypocrite, then someone might take you seriously.

You are the one kowtowing to a doctrine that makes you feel warm and fuzzy, because the idea the future isn't settled is unsettling to you. You are a coward, afraid of tomorrow if God hasn't already planned it all out.

I don't have to be afraid of tomorrow because I know God is powerful enough to move without having to know exactly how every little thing will play out. He has promised to do His will in spite of anything else, which means He doesn't have to see the future, let alone control every aspect, to know He will accomplish what He wills, as He is the Alpha and Omega.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Given that he is arguing the impact is on the mechanical functioning of clocks that function differently, yes.

What? :AMR:

He said gravity affects clocks. It affects pendulum clocks, and you have showed that it affects atomic clocks. Can you explain why you think it does not affect clocks?

Daedalean's_Sun

Which prove nothing, as they can be definitively demonstrated as being the result of gravity on everything else, rather than time itself.

This is why researchers use light.

That is too short to be a worthy explanation.

It's referencing topics that it assumes you are already familiar with as it is from a science journal intended to be read by experts not laymen. You can look these things up independently.

Daedalean's_Sun

Gravity affects light.

Yes and no.

I think it would be more accurate to say gravity affects the curvature of space-time. What's happening is the distance the light must travel is increased, and so it takes longer.

Link

Or at least that is my understanding of Special relativity.

Daedalean's_Sun

s_CurvedSpace1.jpg

Daedalean's_Sun

Gravity affects light.

Yes and no.

I think it would be more accurate to say gravity affects the curvature of space-time. What's happening is the distance the light must travel is increased, and so it takes longer.

Link

Or at least that is my understanding of Special relativity.

----

*Remember that light is without mass.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was wondering when you are going to show us something that backs up your opposition to Nick's assertion that gravity affects clocks.

gcthomas

I was wondering when you are going to show us something that backs up your opposition to Nick's assertion that gravity affects clocks.

Assertion was all it was.

How do YOU define and measure time? ALL processes that progress over time are affected by gravity in exactly the same way. It is jot simply that the clocks are affected physically so they run slow or fast. Every process slows the same. If time isn't defined in terms of how long it takes standard processes to happen, then what do you mean by 'time', Stripe?

Define time for us, so that we may become enlightened! ;)

Last edited:

Lon

Was Jesus "controlled" by time when He was on Earth?

No, obviously not. "Before Abraham was, I AM." It is a name and a state about what time means to Him. "I AM" means He 'lives' in the past even though you and I cannot.