Stupid Post of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
He has a point. He always has. But there is more to it than meets the eye. First off, there are numerous blacks with a platform who speak out, it's just that most whites change the station whenever they come on (for example, when's the last time any of you listened to Tavis Smiley?) All of them agree with Dr. Cosby to a point, but most believe that he goes overboard, and for very good reasons. Second, (which includes one of those reasons) many of those blacks, that "white folk" don't get, have degrees and lucrative jobs. Others may not be as well educated, but the do quite well in the world. Since I know many of them I can tell you that they even joke amongst themselves about how they talk, act and dress one way with each other and talk, act and dress quite differently elsewhere when decorum demands. They enjoy their differences. You, and Dr. Cosby, would demand that they become just---like---you.

I would suggest that y'all let the black community take care of themselves. They don't need whites to tell them how to live any more than the Germans need us to tell them how to run their country. It's just that, for some reason, we think that it's our job to do so. Give the blacks a break. They don't attack you for sitting numbly in church, falling asleep and complaining because the sermons are too long. They just enjoy their lively services and figure, to each his own.

This was written in response to THIS!

:hammer:

Mystery

:think:

I'm thinking Mr. Cosby may have just had a conversation with Morpheus right before he was motivated to say what he did.

Morpheus

My post, #11, in the series.
Whatsamatter Cletus? Can't even begin a discussion with civility?

Actually yours above would be more qualified as the "stupid post of the day" since it has absolutely zero substance and is nothing more than name-calling to avoid answering an opposing position. But I'm not new here. I realized long ago that you believe that you have achieved near perfection and that anyone who opposes your viewpoint must be considered a fool.

Now did you have any specific arguments to counter my post, or are you going to depend on your simplistic BillyBobish answer?

link
Simply put, you would prefer to ridicule someone when you cannot counter their points. Do you disagree with something? Then develop an argument to counter it. So far you have done nothing to show that I might be wrong. Possibly the fact that this speech was given over 3 years ago and gone this long without your notice only proves part of what I said.
First off, there are numerous blacks with a platform who speak out, it's just that most whites change the station whenever they come on (for example, when's the last time any of you listened to Tavis Smiley?)
Shoot, this was Bill Cosby and you didn't even hear it for over 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.