Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

TracerBullet

well, what does God have to say about it?

bottom line zoo?

it's not ok to be gay

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves Romans 12:10

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus Romans 3:22-24

But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

God also says that it is not OK to be a bigot

zoo22

Of course, there are no homophobes, but:

Homophobic? Maybe You’re Gay

One theory is that homosexual urges, when repressed out of shame or fear, can be expressed as homophobia. Freud famously called this process a “reaction formation” — the angry battle against the outward symbol of feelings that are inwardly being stifled. Even Mr. Haggard seemed to endorse this idea when, apologizing after his scandal for his anti-gay rhetoric, he said, “I think I was partially so vehement because of my own war.”

It’s a compelling theory — and now there is scientific reason to believe it. In this month’s issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, we and our fellow researchers provide empirical evidence that homophobia can result, at least in part, from the suppression of same-sex desire.

Full article

Interesting article.

zoo22

I don't know. There is plenty of bile and ignorance to go around.

"It’s important to stress the obvious: Not all those who campaign against gay men and lesbians secretly feel same-sex attractions. But at least some who oppose homosexuality are likely to be individuals struggling against parts of themselves, having themselves been victims of oppression and lack of acceptance. The costs are great, not only for the targets of anti-gay efforts but also often for the perpetrators. We would do well to remember that all involved deserve our compassion."

Source: NYTimes Homophobic? Maybe You’re Gay

genuineoriginal

You'd have to ask chair to clarify. :idunno:

This thread brought up the difference between homophobia and homonegativity.

My question goes to whether perceived racism is really a cultural negativity instead.

To me, it doesn't matter if a person looks European, Asian, or African, if they act like a stereotypical urban black person, then I can't stand them.

Being a stereotypical urban black person is a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice.

Being a homosexual is also a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice.

genuineoriginal

But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

If we hate our brother, we will let them continue in their sin.
If we love our neighbor, we will rebuke them for their sin.

Leviticus 19:17
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.​

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

zoo22

This article explains a bit about latent homosexuality:

Latent homosexuality is an erotic tendency toward members of the same sex which is not consciously experienced or expressed in overt action. The term was originally proposed by Sigmund Freud. According to Freud, "latent" or "unconscious" homosexuality which derived from failure of the defense of repression and and sublimation permit or threaten emergence into consciousness of homosexual impulses, which give rise to conflict manifested in the appearance of symptoms. These symptoms include fear of being homosexual, dreams with manifest and "latent" homosexual content, conscious homosexual fantasies and impulses, homosexual panic, disturbance in heterosexual functioning, and passive-submissive responses to other males.

Full article

Apparently, Ann Coulter said Bill Clinton was a homosexual. I'm surprised we haven't heard that here at TOL, seeing as some people see homosexuals everywhere, but maybe someone'd said it and I just wasn't paying attention.

Also interesting from the same article:

In keeping with this train of thoughts, it is not unusual for individuals who exhibit characteristics of latent homosexuality often find themselves drawn to ultra-masculine professions, such as policeman and fireman; to name a few.

Like the Village People or someone, posing as a cop or a construction worker. Makes sense.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
On that note: Let's talk about our childhoods.

Hunting, fishing, camping, swimming, baseball, are just a few things that I did with my dad.

Anyone else care to share their childhood experiences with their dad?

This has to be one of the more bizarre posts you've made.

Talking about my happy childhood and my great relationship with my dad is "bizarre" Aaron?

OP brings up repressed homosexual desires and you proceed to talk about how normal your relationship with you father was and challenge others to share stories about their childhood.

The OP addressed me, in fact the author of the thread, as often as he mentions me in this thread and others, appears to be giving you a run for your money when it comes to being obsessed with me.

In the words of the author of this thread:

"creepy".

If your psychologist's couch could talk...it would probably sound a lot like this.

Without a doubt a shrink would find your response to my OP in my WHMBR! Part 3 much more 'interesting' Aaron.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3921996&postcount=1

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3922003&postcount=3

Care to talk about your childhood now Aaron? ($ave a visit to the shrink and let it all out here).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Apparently, Ann Coulter said Bill Clinton was a homosexual. I'm surprised we haven't heard that from aCW, seeing as he sees a lot of homosexuals everywhere, but maybe he'd said it and I just wasn't paying attention.

(Did I mention that the widdle fella is totally obsessed with me?).

Ann Coulter really isn't one to talk, being that she was an honorary board member of the homosexual organization "GOProud".

Ann Coulter and GOProud: In Bed Together Once Again
http://religiondispatches.org/ann-coulter-and-goproud-in-bed-together-once-again/

As far as Bill Clinton being a homosexual?

The guy enjoys raping women too much to be having sex with men.
(and based on his ties with Jeffrey Epstein, underage girls).

Bill Clinton identified in lawsuit against his former friend and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein who had 'regular' orgies at his Caribbean compound that the former president visited multiple times
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-visited-multiple-times.html#ixzz3yU1F5AqG

Now B. Hussein Obama is an entirely different subject. His mentor was a sexual deviant (who probably raped little Barack), and the sissy boyz in Chi-town claim he was one of them (but zoo knows all about that from my WHMBR! Part 3 thread, so why go over old news?).

quip

BANNED
Banned
This thread brought up the difference between homophobia and homonegativity.

My question goes to whether perceived racism is really a cultural negativity instead.

To me, it doesn't matter if a person looks European, Asian, or African, if they act like a stereotypical urban black person, then I can't stand them.

Being a stereotypical urban black person is a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice.

Being a homosexual is also a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice.

My question to chair and likewise to you is: Is the physical state of "being black" (Re: homosexuality) due to an inalterable facet of nature - which a racist holds as a prejudice - or rather certain behavior(s) disparagingly attributed to this particular specificity of race?

If "being black" indicates the former, then chair's objection makes zero sense (beyond hyperbole, rhetoric). Furthermore, if such indicates the latter then it disqualifies itself from physical "racial" considerations and is rather focusing upon racial behavior...to which the racist him/herself may harbour and thus furtively fear.

Seems you agree with me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Apparently, Ann Coulter said Bill Clinton was a homosexual. I'm surprised we haven't heard that here at TOL, seeing as some people see homosexuals everywhere, but maybe someone'd said it and I just wasn't paying attention.

Like the Village People or someone, posing as a cop or a construction worker. Makes sense.

are you struggling with homosexual feelings, zoo?

Husband&Father

"A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes"

There is a competing theory that says that homosexuals hate themselves and hate homosexuality and hate the fact that they are slaves to their (perceived) perverted sex drive that they lash out against homosexuals as a way of rebuking themselves.

Also many homosexuals are very mean so it is no surprise that they are bullies and commit hate crimes. When you are full of hate, hate crimes are bound to be committed.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

My question to chair and likewise to you is: Is the physical state of "being black" (Re: homosexuality) due to an inalterable facet of nature - which a racist holds as a prejudice - or rather certain behavior(s) disparagingly attributed to this particular specificity of race?

If "being black" indicates the former, then chair's objection makes zero sense (beyond hyperbole, rhetoric).
That is why I asked my question.

Too many people throw out the "racist" label to lump people that are prejudiced against a person's skin color and other physical traits with people that object to identifiable cultural traits displayed primarily by people of certain skin color.

As I explained, it is the culture that I find offensive, not the skin color.

Seems you agree with me.
Since you are trying to claim that homosexuality is "due to an inalterable facet of nature", then no, I do not agree with you.

As I pointed out, homosexuality is "a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice."

As such, my homonegativity based on my religious beliefs is a purely justifiable and rational response.

quip

BANNED
Banned
As I pointed out, homosexuality is "a learned behavior which some people have due to their environment and other people have by choice."

This simply ignores the possible predisposition for such. The average black youth may indeed refuse to succumb to what you consider inappropriate behavior, though what they cannot change is the fact that they are black while existing within a - likewise inalterable - black culture. Your objection at simply reducing such to a mere choice fails as a rational and thorough objection.

As such, my homonegativity based on my religious beliefs is a purely justifiable and rational response.

Only insofar as you don't repress homosexuals their freedom to believe otherwise and engage life as such.