Studies showing mask wearing has negative health affects.

Arthur Brain

I don't lap up data. I respect the fact that data tells a story that you don't like and therefore you reject it despite its obviously contrary indication to your preferred and false story.

Good for you... head in the sand... got it.
I don't like wearing masks, they're a pain in the proverbial backside but I will continue to wear them because if it helps to reduce the spread of infection, even if that means just one person I may come into contact with is protected, then it's fair enough. So it's not about what I "like", at all but you carry on with that little bunny trail if you want. Maybe you reckon I should buy into "We Are Paul Revere"?

Pass.

Arthur Brain

AB ... why must you be so dense? Common sense is NOT the foundation of these laws.

Common sense is a VAGUE definition that does NOT provide a sound foundation for any laws.

The reason that murder is wrong is because of God and not man made generalities like "common sense".

Your "therefore..." is called circular reasoning.
Why are you reduced to insults instead of argument? Considering that the context of this sidebar and the one you decided to address was regarding Clete's assertion that it was the "left" that would interfere with 'freedom', then it's just been pointed out to you that it isn't. If you support a theonomy as described on here, then you would have the whole of society subjugated under your ideal of government, in the process doing away with the civil liberties and rights we have at present.

Oh, and:

Common sense is sound practical judgment concerning everyday matters, or a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge that is shared by nearly all people.

So, is it any wonders that most of our laws make sense?

Right Divider

Body part
Why are you reduced to insults instead of argument?
Just telling the truth. So sorry that the truth hurts your feelings.
Oh, and:

Common sense is sound practical judgment concerning everyday matters, or a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge that is shared by nearly all people.
Once again... "common sense" is a abstraction that cannot be a foundation for law.
So, is it any wonders that most of our laws make sense?
Laws are not created because they "make sense". They require an actual philosophical foundation. The Christian foundation is based on the Bible.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I don't like wearing masks, they're a pain in the proverbial backside but I will continue to wear them because if it helps to reduce the spread of infection, even if that means just one person I may come into contact with is protected, then it's fair enough. So it's not about what I "like", at all but you carry on with that little bunny trail if you want. Maybe you reckon I should buy into "We Are Paul Revere"?

Pass.
So again, the obvious facts from that data make no difference to you. That's too bad. It means that you just believe anything regardless of the facts.

Arthur Brain

Just telling the truth. So sorry that the truth hurts your feelings.

Once again... "common sense" is a abstraction that cannot be a foundation for law.

Laws are not created because they "make sense". They require an actual philosophical foundation. The Christian foundation is based on the Bible.
Um, no, you aren't even if you've convinced yourself that you are and I have a thick enough skin to deal with anything you put forth regardless. It's simply better to avoid insults if you want to appear mature in an argument. Up to you obviously.

Again, laws are based on common sense and if you have an understanding of what that term actually entails, then you'd realize what's incorporated within it.

With your latter, that all depends on what form of Christian belief is being espoused. Most people who identify with Christianity don't believe we should have some form of government where sex out of wedlock should be a crime. That's not an 'appeal to popularity' argument either, it's just stating fact. Again, if you believe that it should be, then you are in favour of infringing upon societal freedom and liberty, something that Clete accuses the 'left' in being favour of. Context.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

So again, the obvious facts from that data make no difference to you. That's too bad. It means that you just believe anything regardless of the facts.
Are you trying to blow up irony meters? If I believed anything regardless of data/evidence then I'd buy into Qanon...I will continue to wear a mask because there's plenty of evidence to suggest that they protect other people, despite the fact that they're not pleasurable to adorn. If it's a problem for you that I'd sooner cope with a bit of discomfort than recklessly refuse to wear the things then eh, I'll deal with it...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's both, right?

The Christian foundation is scripture AND sound reason. The two must come together or you get lunatics like David Koresh and even Nancy Pelosi.

Clete

way 2 go

That was kinda funny, in the 'wow, bat crazy' sense. :)
I don't. There's enough evidence to suggest that mask wearing helps. It's not going to eradicate the virus or anything obviously, but even if it reduces the infection rate by even by a tiny percentage then I will continue to wear them and not whine about it.

I didn't see yours the "this mask is statistically useless but I believe it works"

Screenshot_2021-02-14 IM ( ianmSC) Twitter.png

Arthur Brain

No, they are not and your repeating that will not change it.

Weasel words.
Well, they are and your stubborn refusal to admit such isn't going to alter anything either. What your latter is supposed to represent is anyone's guess. If you happen to support a form of government that makes sexual relations out of wedlock a crime then you're only underlining the point that I was making to Clete. That it's people who are on the far right who would curtail the freedoms and liberties we have in society and not the 'left'.

way 2 go

Well, no, again, you didn't see it because I didn't say it but hey, you continue to accumulate graphs and buy into any narrative that fits your bias. I'll continue to wear them for aforementioned reasons.
the graphs show that masks & other npi's make no statistical difference

like it or not we all need to learn from this because in a
pandemic that actually has a "10%" death rate , none of these npi's worked

Screenshot_2021-02-16 IM ( ianmSC) Twitter.png