Stopping the KJVO myth in its tracks...

genuineoriginal

The attack on the inerrancy of ANY Bible in ANY language is a fierce battle that has only increased in intensity, and the difference now is that the attack comes primarily from those within the professing church of Jesus Christ. We King James Bible believers did not start this fight.
We should always fight against false doctrines, such as a supposed inerrant translation of the Bible.

genuineoriginal

The sort of pride that is unrighteous is the sort that makes you think or feel like you're better than you are, that someone else is beneath you and/or that you don't need anyone else, most especially a savior.
Especially the sort of pride that leads some people to claim that they alone possess the only inerrant Bible in all of history.

Jerry Shugart

Hi Dan. Well, sir, if "only the original autographs are inspired", then you (like most Christians today) are professing a faith in a Phantom Bible that you have never seen, never read, can't show to anybody else and that you KNOW does not exist. Yet you use a present tense verb - ARE - when you tell us that something that does not exist "ONLY the ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS ARE inspired!"

And you "Phantom bible" guys think us King James Bible believers are whackos???

If there is a translation of the Bible that is without error then it is NOT the KJV.

Here we read in that translation that the "feast of unleavened bread" happened prior to the Passover:

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​

Here we can clearly see that this translation reveals that the "first day of the feast of unleavened bread" preceded the Passover.

However, the "feast of unleavened bread" always took place the day AFTER the Passover, not before it:

"These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:4-6; KJV).​

The Passover began on the 14th and the first day of the feast of unleavened bread was on the 15th. Therefore, the first day of the feast if unleavened bread did not precede the Passover, as the following translation from the KJV has it:

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​

The word "day" and the word "feast" were mistakenly added to the text.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Jerry thinks that he can sit in judgement on translators light years above his abilities. He also assumes that he knows perfectly the customs of 2000 years ago in Palestine and the various names available for the week of feasting surrounding Passover.

He's a legend I tell you! A legend!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Especially the sort of pride that leads some people to claim that they alone possess the only inerrant Bible in all of history.

Oh no! It is not our possession only. It is available to everyone. You can enjoy it too!

But you knew that already didn't you? You just said it that way for effect. Right?

God's Truth

I got saved from doing what Jesus says to do and I did it from memory from my family's old Catholic Bible.

After I got saved, I went to the book store and asked God to help me find the right Bible to study and learn.

I bought what was an old version of the NIV.

I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved.

I use the KJV for the Old Testament, though. I wouldn't try to prove my beliefs without it.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry thinks that he can sit in judgement on translators light years above his abilities. He also assumes that he knows perfectly the customs of 2000 years ago in Palestine and the various names available for the week of feasting surrounding Passover.

He's a legend I tell you! A legend!

So are you willing to argue that the Jews ignored the law and decided to start the Passover a day before the feast of unleavened bread instead of a day later?

Instead of actually discussing what I said in an intelligent way you just attack me instead.

For your information, there are two other verses in the KJV which speak of the same day, and these translations are correct:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?" (Mk.14:12; KJV).​

"Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed"
(Lk.22:7;KJV).​

Both of these translations are speaking of the same day which precedes the Passover and in neither case is the word "feast" incorrectly added to the text, as it is in the King James Version's translation at Matthew 26:27.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Wow, that is a brilliant point.

They not only make the claim but they make it without evidence - worse than that - they make it contrary to evidence!