Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Stephen Hawking is a Lunatic

This is the show from Monday April 26th, 2010.

SUMMARY:

* "Don't Talk to the Aliens": First, end-of-the-world doomsday prophet atheist astrophysicist Stephen Hawking wants mankind to respond to the problems of global warming by colonizing the Moon or Mars evidently forgetting that the Moon's daytime temperature is over 200 degrees (107 C) and that neither location has liquid water or oxygen. The Sun is Earth's source of global warming, and because Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below! So mankind should flee from a temporary one degree increase in the Earth's temporary into about 200 degrees, above and below zero, and say good-bye to liquid water and oxygen. And if global warming is so threatening to mankind, why does Hawking overlook the more logical safe havens of Antarctica, Greenland and Siberia?
Now, Stephen Hawking is urging mankind: "Don't talk to the aliens!" Why not? They may be mean! (Like on Star Trek, no?)

* Hawkings Alien Warnings vs BEL's Crime Warnings: More Chicagoans have been murdered so far this year than American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bob explains why.

* The Old Testament Teaches a Plurality in the Godhead: A theme of Scripture is that two or three witnesses are needed to establish the truth of a matter. In Genesis 1:1 Moses used a plural subject, Elohim, with a singular verb, so that a hyper-literal translation would be: "the gods, he created..." Did Moses make a grammatical error in the first sentence of the first book of Scripture, in what has become the most well-known sentence in the history of the world? No, this teaches from the onset of God's Word that the one God is a plurality. Then Genesis 1:26 says, "Let Us make man in Our image." The Jewish prayer from Deuteronomy 6:4, the Shema: "The Lord our God, the Lord is One" uses the Hebrew word for one of plurality as in, "the people are one," "the nation speaks with one voice," etc. That central passage of Scripture does not the use the Hebrew word for one which means a singularity, but the One of plurality. The text says: the Jehovah (one) our Elohim (plural) Jehovah is a plural unity, which refers to the Trinity! This Shema Yisroel does not use the expected term yachid, for a singularity of one (or even the similar Hebrew term bad), but the word is echad, one in plurality. In fact, the Hebrew Scriptures never once use the primary term for a singularity, yachid, to refer to God. Echad was used by God before the Tower of Babel, "the people are one," and by Joseph "the dreams of Pharaoh are one," and by Moses, "the people answered with one voice," and back again to the beginning of Genesis at the institution of marriage, "and they shall become one flesh."

* Please Help BEL: Bob Enyart Live continues the battle to keep broadcasting on KLTT Radio. If you listen in Denver, (or anywhere else) call the station and encourage them keep Bob on the air! Then subscribe to one of Bob’s monthly resources or make a donation to do your part to preserve Godly Truth on the radio.

Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? Or will you stay in your comfort zone? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.

Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

Tyrathca

So a man is a lunatic to say that if aliens exist then, based on what we know about life and the requirements and behaviours of our own civilizations, contact may not be beneficial to us. (And no he is not thinking of anything even remotely like Star Trek/Wars or other common sci-fi series).

And as for colonising the moon and mars, that's just in general a good idea to have our our species eggs not all in the same planetary basket. I am not aware of him ever saying we should actually abandon earth btw.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Ridiculing a man like Hawking might make Bob feel better but it's cheap, grotesque, and pathetic.

Breathe

:mock: Hawking

Written many best sellers? :think:
Or perhaps you're a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom?

Whether you agree with his theories or not, you have to admit that he's one brilliant human being.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Written many best sellers? :think:
Or perhaps you're a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom?

Whether you agree with his theories or not, you have to admit that he's one brilliant human being.
I suppose that depends on how you define "brilliant".

Breathe

I suppose that depends on how you define "brilliant".

Well, anyone with the brain power to tackle theoretical physics is pretty darn smart. No, he doesn't appear to be a believer, altho he has said he is "not religious in the normal sense" and believes "the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws."

It makes sense that He would give order to His creation, and set guidelines for the workings of it, don't you think?

How do you define brilliant?

Breathe

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge" (Proverbs 1:7)

So anyone who doesn't believe is stupid? Okay, from an eternal soul kind of perspective, I can agree with you. :D But there is no denying that there are many people who are brilliant in plain old knowledge. Many of them don't believe in God - or maybe they believe there is a Creator, but they have trouble with the Jesus thing. While that may affect their eternal prospects (or may not - I have faith that my beliefs are the truth, but no way of knowing that God cannot be found in the contemplation of my navel), it doesn't make them any less brilliant in their chosen fields.

Jukia

So anyone who doesn't believe is stupid? Okay, from an eternal soul kind of perspective, I can agree with you. :D But there is no denying that there are many people who are brilliant in plain old knowledge. Many of them don't believe in God - or maybe they believe there is a Creator, but they have trouble with the Jesus thing. While that may affect their eternal prospects (or may not - I have faith that my beliefs are the truth, but no way of knowing that God cannot be found in the contemplation of my navel), it doesn't make them any less brilliant in their chosen fields.

Sorry, you are wrong, the Bible tells me so. See, it is so much easier to take that position than to exercise any intellectual curiosity. So, you, like me, are, in the judgment of many here, likely going to hell.

One Eyed Jack

He was on an episode of Star Trek once. I believe he was playing poker with Einstein and Data. I think Newton was there too.

GuySmiley

Hawking is not beyond criticism just because he's in a wheelchair. Bob wasn't making fun of him because he can't run the high hurdles. If you are going to praise him for his intellect, then you don't need to treat him like he's delicate. His intellect can take it right?

Jukia

Hawking is not beyond criticism just because he's in a wheelchair. Bob wasn't making fun of him because he can't run the high hurdles. If you are going to praise him for his intellect, then you don't need to treat him like he's delicate. His intellect can take it right?

I would imagine it can take it. However, having Pastor Bob suggest that Hawking's intellect is lacking is, well, pretty funny actually.

Breathe

I'm not sure anyone here did that, but okay.

As for his intellect being able to "take it"...I seriously doubt he's even aware of who Bob is, and if he is, then I doubt he gives two hoots what he thinks of him. :D

Breathe

Sorry, you are wrong, the Bible tells me so. See, it is so much easier to take that position than to exercise any intellectual curiosity. So, you, like me, are, in the judgment of many here, likely going to hell.

I think I like you. Wanna be friends? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.