Statue of Mary Draws Crowds To See a "Miracle"

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Shroud of Turin turned out to be from the early Middle Ages, a newly soiled cloth brought to Constantinople.
People gazed at this thing, the Church had it on display, and it stirred controversy.

Gee, kind of reminds me of a statue of Mary crying tears of blood :plain:

SaulToPaul 2

S2P's entirely ad hominem---and so utterly irrelevant---babbling aside, what is your point with this statement? Is it somehow intended as a criticism? If so, you may want to recall that Jesus and the apostles "dressed in frocks" too. Your focus on mere clothing indicates a complete lack of actual argumentation on your part. Maybe try again later. Or not.

How many arguments have you lost on TOL?

It is easy to win. Post a link, declare victory, continue being lost.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This is where the Roman Church shows it's idolatry. Miraculous statues, and, there's even a doll of some sort that grants healing.

It's cringing- a reasonable Catholic, who is not overly superstitious, has got to know that it is ridiculous. And yet, the RCC lets these things go as is.
The reason is simple- the RCC is a harlot, and will use anything to bring people toward her.

Eagles Wings

This is where the Roman Church shows it's idolatry. Miraculous statues, and, there's even a doll of some sort that grants healing.

It's cringing- a reasonable Catholic, who is not overly superstitious, has got to know that it is ridiculous. And yet, the RCC lets these things go as is.
The reason is simple- the RCC is a harlot, and will use anything to bring people toward her.
This activity is dangerously appealing to many, even outside of the RCC. I may be wrong but there seems to be an escalation of charismatic, pentecostal and holiness movements that desperately seek signs and wonders.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw a "homily" on EWTN where the "priest" was advising them to pray to a doll of the "child Jesus" for miracles. Turned my stomach...

Was it this one?

infantofprague1.jpg

A little wooden doll they dress up every now and then.

infantofprague2.jpg

Oh, and they keep it in a case of bulletproof glass.
Can't have nobody shooting and killing the little fella.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Was it this one?

infantofprague1.jpg

A little wooden doll they dress up every now and then.

infantofprague2.jpg

Oh, and they keep it in a case of bulletproof glass.
Can't have nobody shooting and killing the little fella.

There's more than one :freak:
I only knew about the bottom one- had the image in my mind but couldn't remember much else of it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's more than one :freak:
I only knew about the bottom one- had the image in my mind but couldn't remember much else of it.
Both those pics are of the same doll.
They dress it up on special occasions.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This activity is dangerously appealing to many, even outside of the RCC. I may be wrong but there seems to be an escalation of charismatic, pentecostal and holiness movements that desperately seek signs and wonders.

Out of the charismatic camp, I believe, was this claim that diamonds or some precious jewels literally fell from the church roof to the bench.

Yes, those churches have lost their minds. They seek and never find- but pretend anyway, that these miracles happen :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Both those pics are of the same doll.
They dress it up on special occasions.

Oh
:chuckle:

I've only seen it once, with that dress.

No different than the Levites at the bottom of the mount, bowing down to the golden calf.

golden.calf.jpg

~IDOLATRY~

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh
:chuckle:

I've only seen it once, with that dress.

No different than the Levites at the bottom of the mount, bowing down to the golden calf.

golden.calf.jpg

~IDOLATRY~
Baaah!
They like to bow to stuff.

popeworship.jpg