Statue of Mary Draws Crowds To See a "Miracle"

Cruciform

The Shroud of Turin turned out to be from the early Middle Ages, a newly soiled cloth brought to Constantinople. People gazed at this thing, the Church had it on display, and it stirred controversy. Gee, kind of reminds me of a statue of Mary crying tears of blood :plain:
Thank you for publicly demonstrating that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You make this exceedingly easy for me.

john w

Hall of Fame
Was it this one?

infantofprague1.jpg

A little wooden doll they dress up every now and then.

infantofprague2.jpg

Oh, and they keep it in a case of bulletproof glass.
Can't have nobody shooting and killing the little fella.

Here is the the recruiting poster, the Roman Catholic Organization employs, to recruit "alter boys:"

chucky.jpg

Cruciform

This is where the Roman Church shows it's idolatry. Miraculous statues, and, there's even a doll of some sort that grants healing.
Once again, you merely show your own ignorance. The Catholic Church does not now, nor has it ever, taught that sacred objects "grant healing" or perform any other supernatural functions. It is God alone who works miracles. Please properly educate yourself before presuming to comment on a public forum. You can start with Post #18 above.

john w

Hall of Fame
Roman Catholic idolatry, deceit, that any sane person can witness.....

372910359_c358dd7149_z.jpg

Looks like a young Peter Frampton, Mayor...

Cruciform

Could it be any more gay?
Some here on TOL (serpent, s2p, Tambora) still haven't gotten the clue that mockery and ridicule---while useful to the bigot and the bully---have nothing whatsoever to do with actual theological argumentation. Come back if you ever manage to come up with an actual substantive argument. Otherwise, don't bother.

john w

Hall of Fame
Some here on TOL (serpent, s2p, Tambora) still haven't gotten the clue that [I]mockery[/I] and ridicule---while useful to the bigot and the bully---have nothing whatsoever to do with actual theological argumentation. Come back if you ever manage to come up with an actual substantive argument. Otherwise, don't bother.

Vs.

Psalms 2 KJV
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

" the bully"-Roman shill

Ah, the inevitable version of the "Accusation of Hate" technique, "Hail Mary."

Quite weighty...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This activity is dangerously appealing to many, even outside of the RCC. I may be wrong but there seems to be an escalation of charismatic, pentecostal and holiness movements that desperately seek signs and wonders.

Matthew 12

39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Mark 13

22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

When he comes, you will know that he is the Lord. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.