St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Except it will be competing against the NFL then.

The Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs keep winning, and winning, and winning.

The Cubs have won 15 of 16, but that's only good enough for third place in the NL East.

The Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs have three of the four best records in baseball.

i saw that the other day. somebody said it's a weak division and easy schedules, but the records tell it -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
somebody said it's a weak division and easy schedules

That's bogus

Every team in the NL Central has a winning record against the NL East.

The Pirates are 14-2 against the NL West, and 20-8 against the NL East.

The Cardinals are 32-14 against the NL East & NL West

but the records tell it -

No other division has more than one team with a better record than the third place Cubs.

Since MLB switched to three divisions in 1994, no division has ever had the three best records league wide. This is as close as it ever has been.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's bogus

Every team in the NL Central has a winning record against the NL East.

The Pirates are 14-2 against the NL West, and 20-8 against the NL East.

The Cardinals are 32-14 against the NL East & NL West

No other division has more than one team with a better record than the third place Cubs.

Since MLB switched to three divisions in 1994, no division has ever had the three best records league wide. This is as close as it ever has been.

and as for Missouri, combine KC with STL and it's a darn good winning percentage the last few years - especially this year

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
but the Giants can still catch LA ? i haven't paid attention lately. i just don't want to face SF in the playoffs unless we smoke 'em -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Birds are losing today - Redbirds

Pirates won, Cardinals and Cubs lost !!!

The Pirates just played 9 games against the NL division leaders (Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mets) and went 7-2

They swept the Dodgers and Mets, but went 1-2 against the Cardinals.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Pirates won, Cardinals and Cubs lost !!!

The Pirates just played 9 games against the NL division leaders (Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mets) and went 7-2

They swept the Dodgers and Mets, but went 1-2 against the Cardinals.

not bad for the buccos - they can still catch Stl like i predicted 30 posts ago -

i thought you were a SF fan Tet -

The Berean

The Giants play a tough 7 road games starting tonight, 3 @ St. Louis and 4 @ Pittsburgh. This is the first meeting of the season between the Giants and Cardinals. The Pirates swept a 3 game series from the Giants earlier this season.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Giants play a tough 7 road games starting tonight, 3 @ St. Louis and 4 @ Pittsburgh. This is the first meeting of the season between the Giants and Cardinals. The Pirates swept a 3 game series from the Giants earlier this season.

Ya, but Madison Bumgarner is starting to look like he did in the postseason last year.

My worst nightmare is the Pirates playing the Giants in the wild card game, and having to face Bumgarner.

The Berean

Ya, but Madison Bumgarner is starting to look like he did in the postseason last year.

My worst nightmare is the Pirates playing the Giants in the wild card game, and having to face Bumgarner.

Well, I think this time Clint Hurdle learned his lesson and will save Gerrit Cole for any play-in game, right? :p Cole owns the Giants so far in his short career (3 GS, 3-0 W-L, 2.11 ERA).

john w

Hall of Fame
A banner in the Cardinal locker room:

mash300x100.gif