St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

StanJ

If the Birds play ".500" the rest of the year, i.e., 50-51, they will end up 90-72.

Get your tickets now; unless Armageddon strikes...

They are playing well indeed. Jays are working on 10 in a row right now and are tied 4 all with Boston in the top of the eighth.
yesterday they came back from an 8-1 deficit to win 13-10 :thumb:

john w

Hall of Fame
3:00 CST start time today for the Cardinals -

can anyone say how many ways to score from 3rd base - with less than 2 outs ?

i knew the answers at one time, off the top of my head -

base hit
balk
wild pitch
steal
suicide squeeze/bunt
sacrifice
error

fielder's choice ?

i know i'm missing some -

Straight from my "brain:"

1. A balk.

2. Catchers’ interference.

3. Wild Pitch.

4. Passed ball.

5. Hard hit ground ball through the infield and directly in front of an outfielder.

6. An error by an infielder which eludes him by more than 10 feet.

7. Short pop up just beyond the infield that is dropped by a fielder.

8. Short line drive or a bloop single just over the infield.

9. Sacrifice fly.

10. Fair pop up dropped by an infielder with 2 outs.

11. Fly ball dropped by an outfielder.

12. Bases loaded walk.

13. Bases loaded hit batter.

14. Wild throw by the catcher back to the pitcher.

15. Ground ball, early in the game, runners on 1B and 3B, no outs and the defense decides to go for the double play.

16. Wild throw by the pitcher attempting to pick runner off 3B.

17. Wild throw by pitcher attempting to pick runner off 1B.

18. Wild throw by catcher in attempting to pick the runner off third base.

19. Wild throw by catcher attempting to throw out runner trying to steal 2B.

20. Dropped throw from catcher on an attempted steal of 2B.

21. Runners on 1B and 3B, less than two outs, the runner on 1B heads for 2B, the catcher throws to the cutoff man, who makes a wild throw back to the catcher.

22. Suicide squeeze bunt.

23. Steal of home.

24. Wild throw by an infielder attempting to throw out the batter at 1B.

25. Interference by an infielder during a rundown play at third base (note: Although the base runner may even be heading back toward third base when he is interfered with, he is nevertheless permitted to score because an obstructed runner is awarded at least one base beyond the base he last legally touched).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the washington senators used to be the washington senators -

Huh?

There is no Washington Senators anymore.

From 1901 - 1960 the Washington Senators played in Washington D.C. They moved to Minnesota for 1961, and became the Minnesota Twins.

However, they were replaced by the expansion Washington Senators in 1961. That Washington Senators team played in Washington D.C. until 1971 before moving and becoming the Texas Rangers in 1972.

The Washington Nationals, who currently play in Washington D.C. used to be the Montreal Expos. The Expos first season was 1969. The Expos moved to Washington D.C. in 2005

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
unless Armageddon strikes...

Cardinals manager Mike Matheny went to Westminster Christian Academy.

Westminster Christian Academy is a Presbyterian, Reformed Christian school.

Therefore Cardinals manager Mike Matheny is an amillennial, and doesn't believe in the Dispensational nonsense of "unless Armageddon strikes".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Huh?

There is no Washington Senators anymore.

From 1901 - 1960 the Washington Senators played in Washington D.C. They moved to Minnesota for 1961, and became the Minnesota Twins.

However, they were replaced by the expansion Washington Senators in 1961. That Washington Senators team played in Washington D.C. until 1971 before moving and becoming the Texas Rangers in 1972.

The Washington Nationals, who currently play in Washington D.C. used to be the Montreal Expos. The Expos first season was 1969. The Expos moved to Washington D.C. in 2005

i was being goofy - but are you telling me the Washington Senators DID NOT used to be the Washington Senators ?

ha - gotcha

your Preterist false doctrines are affecting other aspects of your reasoning ability ? just kiddin' - :patrol:

john w

Hall of Fame

Therefore Cardinals manager Mike Matheny is an amillennial, and doesn't believe in the Dispensational nonsense of "unless Armageddon strikes".

noTettesterone concedes that he "follows the teachings of fallible men," adding Matheny, to his list, right after Christ rejector Josephus, Wiki...........

How did you get so stupid, wimp?

john w

Hall of Fame

Mayberry manager Goober Pyle is a Lutheran, premillennial, and does not believe in the satanic, "man made," nonsense/"invention" of "Jesus Christ second coming was the Roman army in AD 70" "AD 70/Preterism" joke.

See how that works, laughing stock of TOL, and habitual liar, wimpy Craigie?

john w

Hall of Fame
i was being goofy - but are you telling me the Washington Senators DID NOT used to be the Washington Senators ?

ha - gotcha

your Preterist false doctrines are affecting other aspects of your reasoning ability ? just kiddin' - :patrol:

He's a punk, PJ, so obsessed with allegedly disproving dispensationalism, that his "business" folded, like his family, and he can't think straight. He got kicked out of his "church."

Mocking You

Straight from my "brain:

2. Catchers’ interference.

Runner on third may not advance on catchers interference. However, if the batter puts ball in play (hits the ball) and runner on third scores, the manager of the team at bat has the option to choose the outcome of the play (runner scoring) or the usual catchers interference play (runner does not score.)

Haven't looked at your whole list but this one jumped out at me.

john w

Hall of Fame
Runner on third may not advance on catchers interference. However, if the batter puts ball in play (hits the ball) and runner on third scores, the manager of the team at bat has the option to choose the outcome of the play (runner scoring) or the usual catchers interference play (runner does not score.)

Haven't looked at your whole list but this one jumped out at me.

You are wrong, "home plate breath!"(my Johnny Carson impression).

Look at rule 765.77(a) in the official "Major League Baseball Rulebook."

Mocking You

Fixed your list for you:

1. A balk.

2. Wild Pitch.

3. Passed ball.

4. Getting a hit
* Hard hit ground ball through the infield and directly in front of an outfielder.
* Short line drive or a bloop single just over the infield.

5. Reaching on an error
* An error by an infielder which eludes him by more than 10 feet.
* Short pop up just beyond the infield that is dropped by a fielder.
* Fair pop up dropped by an infielder with 2 outs (question stipulates less than 2 outs.)
* Fly ball dropped by an outfielder.
* Wild throw by the catcher back to the pitcher.
* Wild throw by the pitcher attempting to pick runner off 3B.
* Wild throw by pitcher attempting to pick runner off 1B.
* Wild throw by catcher in attempting to pick the runner off third base.
* Wild throw by catcher attempting to throw out runner trying to steal 2B.
* Dropped throw from catcher on an attempted steal of 2B.
* Runners on 1B and 3B, less than two outs, the runner on 1B heads for 2B, the catcher throws to the cutoff man, who makes a wild throw back to the catcher. (this is a Little League play.)
* Wild throw by an infielder attempting to throw out the batter at 1B.
* With 1B unoccupied, dropped third strike by catcher and throw to first goes wild.

6. Sacrifice fly.

7. Bases loaded walk.

8. Bases loaded hit batter.

9. Fielder's Choice
* Ground ball, early in the game, runners on 1B and 3B, no outs and the defense decides to go for the double play.

10. Suicide squeeze bunt.

11. Steal of home.

12. Obstruction
* Interference (obstruction) by an infielder during a rundown play at third base (note: Although the base runner may even be heading back toward third base when he is interfered (obstructed) with, he is nevertheless permitted to score because an obstructed runner is awarded at least one base beyond the base he last legally touched).
Players on offense interfere, players on defense obstruct.