ECT ST. AUGUSTINE ON THE TRUE CHURCH FOUNDED BY CHRIST

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
13413754_1180594658657514_5319782509760300746_n.jpg

Cruciform,

Do you know a link to a site that has the captivity and protection of biblical canon as passed down from John the Revelator to Polycarp and so on?

I know the 66 canon was after John, but I think you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Cruciform

Do you know a link to a site that has the captivity and protection of biblical canon as passed down from John the Revelator to Polycarp and so on? I know the 66 canon was after John, but I think you know what I mean.
I'm actually not sure what you're looking for. Can you clarify?

Old man

I've read St. Augustine's works, and though he was a Catholic priest back in the 4th century, he certainly wouldn't have agreed with the fanatics of the Church calling themselves infallible, the 'only true Church', or, at that, even the best Christians.

The Roman Church became after Augustine a mass of tyrannical fanatics. You can't wash away a permanent stain with honeyed words, the RCC failed to 'deliver the kingdom', murdered people with a cross, scapegoated on it's own servants, and matched every single description of the Antichrist in Revelation.

So put a sock in it- Augustine was a predestinarian, something which Catholics abandoned and which Protestants restored.
Only to be challenged by idiots, but that's neither here nor there- the point is that the RCC is nothing more than a collection of whatever it can take to empower it's position.

How true, here is a link which gives some of the history of the RCC cult - www.mtc.org/inquis.html

There are true Christians who choose to follow the Bible, the inspired Word of God as their final and ONLY authority and then there are those who choose to allow men to be their authority, cultism.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"elsewhere" is more Catholic Church unbiblical nonsense.

882. The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful." "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ

I wonder how much these characters:
Pope Clement VII (Pope from 1523 to 1534) ...
Pope Leo X (1513 to 1521) ...
Pope Julius II (1503 to 1513) ...
Pope Alexander VI (1492 to 1503)
Pope Benedict IX (1032 and 1048) ...
Pope John XII (955 to 964) ...
Pope Stephen VI (896 to 897)

Were Vicars of Christ? None!

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
"elsewhere" is more Catholic Church unbiblical nonsense.

882. The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful." "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ

I wonder how much these characters:
Pope Clement VII (Pope from 1523 to 1534) ...
Pope Leo X (1513 to 1521) ...
Pope Julius II (1503 to 1513) ...
Pope Alexander VI (1492 to 1503)
Pope Benedict IX (1032 and 1048) ...
Pope John XII (955 to 964) ...
Pope Stephen VI (896 to 897)

Were Vicars of Christ? None!

Your analysis is so simplistic and erroneous its really sad. Ther man Peter denied Christ three times, he made other errors recorded in scripture, and was a general hothead. And yet after all that he wrote part of the New Testament!!! If we were to apply your logic to Peter we would have to rip parts of our New Testament out of the Bible.

Jesus chose sinners as his leaders, his Apostles. He did that for a reason. Have there been a few bad popes? Sure. That proves absolutely NOTHING.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Peter had flaws, yet did not live by flaws

As it say in Galatians 2.7 '..gospel of the uncircumcision committed unto me...'
'
So Christ taught that the Kingdom believer had to love his neighbor, forgive, bear good fruit, do the will of the Father, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, show mercy, endure until the end, be patient, fit and profitable in order to enter into the Kingdom. Whew ! When God gave to Paul the dispensation of grace for the Body of Christ, He gave a marvelous new thing to His newest followers.
Bob Enyart

Cruciform

"It is the Catholic Church that labels people with the title cult, when they themselves sport all the earmarks of a cult. This is an ancient technique to hide the truth in plain sight."
Thus merely proving my statements in Post #148 above. :yawn:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's a looming elephant just off to the east of Rome that they don't like to acknowledge, who criticized them on "Peter's seat".

They call themselves the 'one true church' as well. Still, the RCC favors the Eastern Orthodox more than the Reformed because they criticized them in, well, more robust ways :rolleyes:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Your entirely uninformed and non-authoritative opinion is noted. The content of Post #152 above stands exactly as given.

In post 72, on thread 3056, I clearly state my informed opinion, yet will admit, is is not as supercilious, pompous and pedantic as your opinion. See here and here.