ECT Speaking in tongues

andyc

And yet, here you are...proving to all but yourself how clueless you are of the obvious - that it takes two to dance this "pathetic" dance you speak of.

It's the 5 minute saint. Last time I was here, your mad buddies were shooting arrows at you. Marowbe disowned you like a cultist.

Lol - We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Say, we can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Because you're one far behind

- Men At Work

Andc...andy do :chuckle:

yeah, you come from a land down under.

Men at work,

john w

Hall of Fame
Well no actually.

I've spent the last few weeks working my guts out trying to meet the needs of major US companies, working with them, .
Brexit...

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into a bar.
The Englishman wanted to go, so they all had to leave.

I kill me!

DAN P

Show us your w-2, bloke.

Hi and we all know that the GIFT of Tongues /GOLLOSIA / LANGUAGES is BY THE HOLY SPIRIT , GRASSHOPPER and Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:2:17-21 !!

I am AMUSED by all Acts 2 PENTECOSTALS as you can believe Col 1:25 and 26 and because you will not REMIT SINS as Jesus gave all PENTECOSTALS the POWER !!
Why are you all SHY to FORGIVE SINS as written in John 20:21-23 !!

dan p

Danoh

Eph 5:18.

You wouldn't know this verse, because you spend all your time in this thread fighting it.

Yeah; but what is Paul actually saying in that passage?

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Note its' sister passage...

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Meaning....

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

As in Paul's...

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

"Be filled with the Spirit" refers to saturating one's mind with the Word.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah

But spent a lot of time in the states. Love America, and Love the Uk.
One of the best things I learned about Americans is that a typical American has a "can do" attitude. Unless they're madists.

We don't like you, madists we are....Not in a tree, not in our country......

andyc

What did candyandy say, on behalf of Britain, to its trade partners?

SE-EU later.

Yeah

A lot of the dispensationalists are busy re-writing their prophecy books.
I voted to leave Europe, and went to bed thinking us brexiteers had no hope.
Woke up next morning and couldn't believe it.

Went to London the next day, to westminster, downing street, and spoke to reporters from around the world. It was awesome.
Great day for the UK!

Pity you have Hilary to look forward to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yeah

A lot of the dispensationalists are busy re-writing their prophecy books.
I voted to leave Europe, and went to bed thinking us brexiteers had no hope.
Woke up next morning and couldn't believe it.

Went to London the next day, to westminster, downing street, and spoke to reporters from around the world. It was awesome.
Great day for the UK!

Pity you have Hilary to look forward to.

I'll bet you really impressed those "Reporters." They probably hung (hung themselves) on your every word.

andyc

Yeah; but what is Paul actually saying in that passage?

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Note its' sister passage...

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Meaning....

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

As in Paul's...

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

"Be filled with the Spirit" refers to saturating one's mind with the Word.

It was a warning against drunkenness (too much alcohol).
Those who get up each day for work, and live responsibly, tend not to do that.