Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not there, just like the word Trinity is not there. These are doctrines that are developed by studying the entirety of Scripture. It is closely tied to Christology. I'm a newby with this word, but I love it, how it describes the recognizable distinctions within the Godhead, while affirming no isolation from One to the Other.

Exactly!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Could be.
Perhaps the ones that Nang thanked saying I'm a reprobate and have no God doesn't fit the category of "vile" to you.

We can talk about which ones are using unnecessary language and it's going to turn out pretty darn even.

I used appropriate terms for anyone who would defame the Non-Contingency of God as you did and continue to do.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Like I said earlier, you guys have a history together, and it seems there are long term grudges. It's easy to let the tongue continue to wound and wound, until reconciliation seems impossible. Many of us experience this within our families. It stinks, and is hard to turn around.

I hold no grudges against Tambora. I pray for her soul . . .

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Nang and I have always disagreed on some things.
But I have always maintained that if having a discussion about whether GOD is triune or Christ's deity, I would want Nang on my side.
She probably wouldn't want me anymore, since she now agrees with PPS that I don't believe in the trinity at all.

Que sera sera.

You've demonstrated clearly and succinctly that you are NOT Trinitarian by assigning internal synergy to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in the place of perichoresis. And you would not recant, and instead continued to maintain your position and the English definition (but without considering the whole of it OR historicity for the application of the Greek term AND the contrasting of energeia to erga).

Nobody should want you any more after this. You're the very example of why I've opposed the minutiae of the Trinity doctrine because of modern abuses and conceptualizations. You are the most extreme poster child for my challenges. You're a Tritheist.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang and I have always disagreed on some things.
But I have always maintained that if having a discussion about whether GOD is triune or Christ's deity, I would want Nang on my side.
She probably wouldn't want me anymore, since she now agrees with PPS that I don't believe in the trinity at all.

Que sera sera.

How many times have you defended Nang against the insults spewed against me from your side?

Nada.

I think you fail to grasp the Trinity of God, and have been allowed to develop a belief in Tritheism, which I pray God will correct in your mind and heart. I hope you are not unable to learn from others than your OT/Mad clan.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think these dispies understand Divine Attributes to begin with. These are not encouraged to join churches, place themselves under the guidance of Elders, or even do outside reading in
addition to reading KJV only.

At least Steko has read Geisler. For what that is worth . .

My only point was in reference to PPS insinuating that dispensationalists don't do Proper Theology. There are many dispensational classical Theists and many that I've read. Geisler just happens to be one of them, JP Moreland is another as well as LS Chafer, John Walvoord, and so on. From my point to view, there appears to be a lot of intellectual snobbery going on around here and I don't much care for it, therefore I'll only participate as I choose to, in my own time..
As far as books on Theology go, I've read Steven Charnock, William Lane Craig, RC Sproul, Charles Hodge, Wayne Grudem,WGT Shedd and scores of others, but Classical Theism is not limited to Calvinist or Reformed circles.

You know what, I'm not a bit more saved than I was 37 years ago before I ever heard of any of these people.
And what's more GOD has not changed one bit by my or others opinion of Him. He is what He is ontologically no matter what anyone thinks of it.

It can be beneficial to discuss these concepts but haughtiness is not conducive to the activity in IMHO.

Knowledge puffs up and we're getting a good look at that particular phenomenon.

:idunno: For what it's worth......

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My only point was in reference to PPS insinuating that dispensationalists don't do Proper Theology. There are many dispensational classical Theists and many that I've read. Geisler just happens to be one of them, JP Moreland is another as well as LS Chafer, John Walvoord, and so on. From my point to view, there appears to be a lot of intellectual snobbery going on around here and I don't much care for it, therefore I'll only participate as I choose to, in my own time..
As far as books on Theology go, I've read Steven Charnock, William Lane Craig, RC Sproul, Charles Hodge, Wayne Grudem,WGT Shedd and scores of others, but Classical Theism is not limited to Calvinist or Reformed circles.

You know what, I'm not a bit more saved than I was 37 years ago before I ever heard of any of these people.
And what's more GOD has not changed one bit by my or others opinion of Him. He is what He is ontologically no matter what anyone thinks of it.

It can be beneficial to discuss these concepts but haughtiness is not conducive to the activity in IMHO.

Understood, but you cannot argue that theological ignorance and obstinance can be a killer . . .right?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Not there, just like the word Trinity is not there. These are doctrines that are developed by studying the entirety of Scripture. It is closely tied to Christology. I'm a newby with this word, but I love it, how it describes the recognizable distinctions within the Godhead, while affirming no isolation from One to the Other.

There are others who interpose perichoresis with hypostatic union, just as synergism was applied in place of perichoresis here. I got banned twice in short order for daring to stand for the truth against those who misrepresented it. But it got straightened out afterward and the poster who got me banned is now a supporter.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah, sure . . .

You appear to be deluded and kept in darkness about many things, including the spiritual condition of your cohorts.

Good one, Burt, with this "the spiritual condition of your cohorts" stumper, coming from a perverter, such as yourself, who, on record, asserts that this fake "Jesus" of her Clavinist "god," did not die for our sins, did not forgive us all trespasses....

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow."-Burt Nag

=perverting the gospel of Christ, with this subjective "good news," which is bad news.

Get off our board, Clavinist child of the devil. You have no authority, to weigh in on, the spiritual condition of others, Burt, being in your 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV satanic condition.

Eagles Wings

There are others who interpose perichoresis with hypostatic union, just as synergism was applied in place of perichoresis here. I got banned twice in short order for daring to stand for the truth against those who misrepresented it. But it got straightened out afterward and the poster who got me banned is now a supporter.
Good news.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many times have you defended Nang against the insults spewed against me from your side?

Nada.
And vice versa, it would be ....... how many?

I think you fail to grasp the Trinity of God, and have been allowed to develop a belief in Tritheism, which I pray God will correct in your mind and heart. I hope you are not unable to learn from others than your OT/Mad clan.
You are free to believe that I believe in 3 Gods.
You would be wrong, but you can certainly believe it if you wish.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Only gnosis knowledge puffs up, and even then only in the context of 1Corinthians 8:1f. And gnosis is only used negatively in that one passage in that one context in the whole of the NT. Love abounds in epignosis knowledge, which is a synonym for faith.

It's puffed up to ignorantly say knowledge puffs up when referring to someone who knows every application of every knowledge word in the Greek vocabulary.

As for some of the above, Grudem is currently co-leading the charge for Eternal Subordination of the Son to support socio-political perversions of the Trinity to endorse the Complementarian agenda in culture.

Ontology and Epistemology go hand in hand. Hypo- and -stasis (from histemi), epi- and histemi. Under and upon.

As far as snobbery, there is none so great as the Dispensationalists on TOL; unless it's the Open Theists on TOL. It's just not intellectual, nor is it intuitive (that would be oida knowledge, which also does not puff up).

You should be appalled at Tambora's assertions and persistence.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
From my point to view, there appears to be a lot of intellectual snobbery going on around here and I don't much care for it, therefore I'll only participate as I choose to, in my own time..

As you claim, you are one of the more read and educated and level-headed Dispies on TOL. I have told you that before.

So I find myself agreeing with PPS, that since Tambora has fallen into error, her male advisors/friends are responsible and accountable to help her avoid serious apostasy.

She will listen to you, but if you do not care enough to step in and give her correction and at least some biblical/historical perspective on this theological matter, you will share her eventual guilt, and even more so. This is your duty as a fairly educated male to give her helps and spiritual balance.

I plead with you to supply her with more than JohnW, PJ, and so many of the others are unequipped to provide. They do not help Tam at all.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And vice versa, it would be ....... how many?

You are free to believe that I believe in 3 Gods.
You would be wrong, but you can certainly believe it if you wish.

You defame the Necessity and Simplicty of Almighty God, and you refuse to recant and confess your fault.

You have only yourself to blame, yet you play the arrogant martyr and stoic victim.

You did this. You innovated and wandered into egregious heresy and blasphemy. AND you remain insolent and unyielding.

You presented Tritheism. It's no one else's determination but your own, but you can't own your horrific mistake. You can't dare lose an internet battle when you're wrong.

Your pride is thus worse than your schismatic heresy.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p1.htm#202
Spoiler
202 Jesus himself affirms that God is "the one Lord" whom you must love "with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." At the same time Jesus gives us to understand that he himself is "the Lord." To confess that Jesus is Lord is distinctive of Christian faith. This is not contrary to belief in the One God. Nor does believing in the Holy Spirit as "Lord and giver of life" introduce any division into the One God:
Spoiler
We firmly believe and confess without reservation that there is only one true God, eternal infinite (immensus) and unchangeable, incomprehensible, almighty and ineffable, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit; three persons indeed, but one essence, substance or nature entirely simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.