Someone got to Kirk Franklin

oatmeal

CCM singer Kirk Franklin apologizes for homophobia in the church.

Whereas before...

Evidently he had things 'explained' to him, if he wanted to continue to have a career.

Homosexuality is a sin.

Believers need not fear other's or their own sin. II Timothy 1:7 Psalm 34:4 ... but we are to walk, conduct our lives, wisely, by renewing our minds

Homosexuals can, as we all can, correct the errors in our lives.

Fears ensnare us, so we need to trust the Lord, Proverbs 29:25

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Is it going to effect his Salvation?

No way to answer without knowing what gospel he believes.

What gospel can a person believe and still be granted eternal life even though that person leads others to eternal damnation as Kirk Franklin appears to be doing?

musterion

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Is it going to effect his Salvation?

What gospel can a person believe and still be granted eternal life even though that person leads others to eternal damnation as Kirk Franklin appears to be doing?

If he died with Christ and was raised again to new life in Him, then there is now no condemnation for him, for there is no law binding upon him; God has declared him legally dead to Law and to sin. The only way that can happen is to have believed the only saving Gospel of the grace of God. But again, I do not know which gospel Franklin believed. There's so many to choose from these days, after all.

Lon

CCM singer Kirk Franklin apologizes for homophobia in the church.

Whereas before...

Evidently he had things 'explained' to him, if he wanted to continue to have a career.
I think he still means both but imo, is confused and not a theologian.

Kirk Franklin said:
“I want people to see the love of God and not the fear of God,” he explained to Pix11.
John 4:23-24 insists that the Gospel is truth and relationship. Without fear of God, there is no truth and so Kirk Franklin's comment comes from a Samaritan standpoint, as if we could remove the truth from love. We cannot. We really do have modern-day Samaritans. Jesus both talked to them and used them as example in parable to those who forget that both, is the balance, not just one or the other. The two great commands demand we ever have love of God and His truth, and love of the sinner/enemy-Samaritan-brother before our eyes.
Humbly submitted, In Him -Lon

musterion

I think he still means both but imo, is confused and not a theologian.

John 4:23-24 insists that the Gospel is truth and relationship. Without fear of God, there is no truth and so Kirk Franklin's comment comes from a Samaritan standpoint, as if we could remove the truth from love. We cannot. We really do have modern-day Samaritans. Jesus both talked to them and used them as example in parable to those who forget that it both, not just one or the other. The two great commands demand we ever have love of God and His truth, and love of the sinner/enemy before our eyes. Humbly submitted, In Him -Lon

I'm waiting to see if he specifically recants his former warning against the homosexuality long rampant in CCM.

Reactions: Lon

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

If he died with Christ and was raised again to new life in Him, then there is now no condemnation for him, for there is no law binding upon him; God has declared him legally dead to Law and to sin. The only way that can happen is to have believed the only saving Gospel of the grace of God. But again, I do not know which gospel Franklin believed. There's so many to choose from these days, after all.

So someone can promote things that God abhors and still be a follower of Christ? (The gospel I follow is Jesus' 2 greatest commandments).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Another good post

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He is a celebrity first and a Christian second, meaning he is not really a Christian, just someone who uses Christianity to be a celebrity.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
“I want to apologize for all of the hurtful and painful things that have been said about people in the Church that have been talented and gifted and musical, that we’ve used and we’ve embarrassed them and made sermons—‘Adam and Steve,’ and all this other horrible **** that we’ve done,” Franklin told The Grio. “We have not treated them like people, human beings. We’re talking about human beings, men and women that God has created as people.”

He acknowledged that the Bible does count homosexuality as a sin along with fornication and adultery, but said that the Scriptures also talk about grace.

“That’s what the Bible talks about,” Franklin admitted. “And you know what else the Bible talks about along with that? It talks about grace. It talks about love. It talks about mercy, because we are all in need of that.”
http://christiannews.net/2015/11/13...franklin-apologizes-for-homophobia-in-church/

Is repentance (turning from your old ways and starting anew) not a necessary part of salvation, or did Jesus die so that people can continue living their sinful lifestyle?

musterion

He is a celebrity first and a Christian second, meaning he is not really a Christian, just someone who uses Christianity to be a celebrity.

It's definitely possible. Even those who can correctly explain the saving Gospel of grace and say they believe it COULD still be lying. Christ knows who are His but for us, "perilous times" indeed.