Soldier Shuts Up Caitlyn Jenner Critics

Buzzword

So much truth here.

980x.jpg

Soldier Shuts Up Caitlyn Jenner Critics Who Say She Didn't Deserve Courage Award

Bring on the wave of ignorance, hatred, and bigotry from people who only idolize soldiers until they open their mouths or need VA support.

bybee

I am touched by this fellows response. Live and let live so long as the innocent and vulnerable are protected. I would not have awarded the medal to this person but it is none of my concern.
Every day of my life I try to give compliments to the folks on my path who deserve them.
Nowadays medals mean almost nothing. Everyone gets one.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The soldier ... is full of hot air. He doesn't get to define what the word heroic or courage means to others.

What actual danger was Jenner ever in? What does he/she have to realistically gain or lose for coming forward?

The gain: notoriety. Public recognition.

The lose: nothing.

Compare that to a soldier on the battle field, a policeman who takes a bullet for another person, a firefighter who dies while attempting to rescue others from a burning building, etc.

The only thing I agree with the soldier on is that it's unnecessary to use derogatory language towards Jenner.

bybee

The soldier ... is full of hot air. He doesn't get to define what the word heroic or courage means to others.

What actual danger was Jenner ever in? What does he/she have to realistically gain or lose for coming forward?

Compare that to a soldier on the battle field, a policeman who takes a bullet for another person, a firefighter who dies while attempting to rescue others from a burning building, etc.

The only thing I agree with the soldier on is that it's unnecessary to use derogatory language towards Jenner.

Well said Rusha! I like your response much better than mine!

Buzzword

So you disagree that saving a person from suicide is heroic?

Millions of people over the years have been driven to suicide because they were not what society pressured them to be.

Jenner has come forward to not only be honest with herself, but to demonstrate how to do so for others, and to cast the spotlight upon her and their struggles in order to alleviate them.

How is that not heroic?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you disagree that saving a person from suicide is heroic?

Do you seriously think that Jenner is the only person who has ever tried to help potential victims of suicide. No, I think reaching out and helping someone who feels hopeless is the right thing to do. Nothing heroic about it.

Millions of people over the years have been driven to suicide because they were not what society pressured them to be.

Most of those millions are confused teens, previously abused children, etc. Are their deaths of no importance?

Jenner has come forward to not only be honest with herself, but to demonstrate how to do so for others, and to cast the spotlight upon her and their struggles in order to alleviate them.

How is that not heroic?

What exactly did Jenner fear losing by coming forward? Life. The life of a child. Spouse. Etc.?

I am not saying you are not allowed to grant the title of hero to whoever meets your specifications ... just that it is unreasonable to expect others to agree with your assessment.

GFR7

For once, you and I are in complete agreement!!! :BRAVO:

GFR7

Do you seriously think that Jenner is the only person who has ever tried to help potential victims of suicide. No, I think reaching out and helping someone who feels hopeless is the right thing to do. Nothing heroic about it.

Most of those millions are confused teens, previously abused children, etc. Are their deaths of no importance?

What exactly did Jenner fear losing by coming forward? Life. The life of a child. Spouse. Etc.?

I am not saying you are not allowed to grant the title of hero to whoever meets your specifications ... just that it is unreasonable to expect others to agree with your assessment.
You are in fine form on this topic, my lady. :thumb: I wish you could take to the airwaves and be heard nationally. :up:

Nazaroo

Phoney Soldier PR Stunt shuts up no one.

I already responded to this in another thread:

My response to 'Joey Vicente':

We're living in a polluted environment where the uber-rich falsify and
manipulate every story in the media, for the purpose of social engineering;
and more specifically, to dumb us down and prevent us from organizing
intelligent opposition to their misguided society terraforming.

My definition of 'hero' is not irrelevant, but it is being eroded and erased,
by a cowardly cabal of hidden unelected rich bankster families, as part of
a program to discourage heroism or indeed commitment to any cause
not sponsored or profitable to market manipulators.

If someone who carries out a mundane, essentially risk-free task like
writing a letter is a hero, then everyone is a 'hero' and the word 'hero'
is lexically empty.

But in the real world of ideas, 'hero', however controversial,
is not lexically empty at all, but a lively and powerful concept that inspires
people to change the world and make it a better place.

Hailing manufactured media celebrities as "heroes" results in trivializing
the word 'hero'
, and cheats real heroes of the honour and respect they deserve.

Originally a knighthood was awarded for bravery in battle,
but now it is simply bought by wealthy fruitcakes like Elton John and Mick Jagger.
Originally 'rape' meant forced sexual intercourse, but now it can mean
anything from sleeping with a drunken slut to brushing against someone
in a crowded subway.
Originally the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to people for acts of
outstanding peacemaking or humanitary advancement in many fields;
now it is openly handed to warmongers and shallow politicians,
who routinely assign thousands of people to poverty,
torture and death as collateral damage.

My political position can't be compared to 'bigots of the civil rights era',
because I am well educated and fully informed of modern political ideology,
and also aware of a vast storehouse of history and its political and
ethical analysis.

My beliefs about 'heroism' and sexual behaviour are not formed from
ignorance, or youthful inexperience, or a narrow, inherited cultural set
of unexamined customs. Over 40 years of open-minded and careful
weighing of data, opinion, and the consideration of the findings of
other investigators have brought me to hold many key values as
near-universal or at least near-essential for a viable, sustainable
long-term community that maximizes peace and opportunity for all.

Standing up for human values and ethical principles that are not only fair,
but designed to produce transparency and cooperative self-government,
is not an exercise in bigotry. Rather the opposite would be an exercise
in resignation, skepticism, and hopelessness. The world needs work,
but the world is worth maintaining and repairing, and we can always
do better and improve our collective lot.

I don't doubt that "Caitlyn" Jenner is 'finding her comfort zone',
and getting very rich doing it, but she's no "hero" in any sane and
sensible definition of that word.

Would you say that a lab technician who runs the 119,292nd iteration
of the blood test that leads to a cancer cure is a hero? Even if he's a
wife-beater who stumbled to work drunk and actually turned on the
equipment accidentally?

How about a pedophile who pulls a child out of a fire he himself started,
only to sodomize the child in the woods?

Maybe you think that a victim of mild bullying in a hockey game is a hero,
when they report it to the coach. Perhaps they are, in some very limited
sense we use for children.

Are all whistle-blowers heroes?, even if they endanger the lives of
spy operatives, or do it for revenge over a personal petty grievance?
Perhaps you think so, but if you do I'd say your own misuse of language
has impoverished not only your ability to communicate, but your ability to think.

You capitalize on the 'hero' concept when you pose as a
'war veteran/soldier'.
Maybe you are, or maybe you're just an internet warrior,
or maybe you're just a PR firm hired to spin the Jenner story.
Thats not my concern, except to point out the possibility.
The point is, you're playing the 'veteran card' even while
destroying the meaning of 'hero'. Don't you find that ironic?

Yes I am free to voice my opinion, and in my view its an obligation
in a democracy where informed fact and opinion can affect the quality
of our lives.

There's a big difference between unfortunate medical conditions,
and 'right' to behave stupidly. And those calls are best handled
by experts like doctors in a private setting in most cases.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

You're all over the moral relativist board Sandy. First you give accolades to moral degenerates in the name of "private issues"
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4297877&postcount=7333

and now you're bad mouthing a mentally ill man who was sick courageous enough to have his genitals mutilated (I hope that language wasn't too derogatory towards Bruth).

Which side are you on Sandy?

Tinark

Apparently you don't see it as a negative if hundreds of thousands of people called you or thought of you as an ugly perveted faggot deserving nothing more than death and hellfire and made you the butt of crude sexual jokes.

You must be one of those emotionless robots to not be negatively affected in the slightest by any way by that. However, the rest of us are not such emotionless robots, and neither is Caitlyn I'd imagine.

HisServant

Self mutilization is a disease...it should be treated as one.

Doctors swear to do no harm... Bruce was harmed.

We used to be a country that celebrates those that worked hard and succeeded. When did we become a nation that celebrates some who mutilates themselves with nothing to lose.... no courage was involved... Bruce's decision was purely monetary.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha
The soldier ... is full of hot air...

Apparently you don't see it as a negative if hundreds of thousands of people called you or thought of you as an ugly perveted faggot deserving nothing more than death and hellfire and made you the butt of crude sexual jokes.

You must be one of those emotionless robots to not be negatively affected in the slightest by any way by that. However, the rest of us are not such emotionless robots, and neither is Caitlyn I'd imagine.

Now now Tinark, don't be too hard on Sandy. When it comes down to it you both agree that Bruce Jenner is enjoying his constitutional right to privacy.

"Over the last 50 years, the “right to privacy” has been used to cover every form of sexual practice [contraception, abortion, homosexuality, cross-dressing/genital mutilation], displacing the public's right to object on moral grounds – something contained in Kennedy's 2003 Lawrence v. Texas ruling.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/h...riage-ruling-is-tied-to-abortion-and-contrace

Quetzal

It is not a competition. There are no comparisons. My dad is my hero for all he did for me. That doesn't make anyone else less or more of a hero. If he doesn't get to define that, then you don't either. Your moral high-horse is nauseating, especially when it is on something you clearly know nothing about.

shagster01