Snowballs Can Chip Teeth....

1PeaceMaker

....If they are crammed in your face hard enough!

BROOKLYN (CN) - Officers made a pile of snow and shoved it into a New Yorker's face after she tried to film the arrest of her brother whom they had just shot, a family says in Federal Court.
Hina Rizvi and her adult daughter, Nimra Khawaja, say they ran out of their Jamaica Estates apartment on Jan. 5, 2014, after getting a call saying that a plain-clothed Nassau County police officer had shot Muhammad Ali, Rizvi's son and Khwaja's brother, in the chest.
It was about 4 p.m., and Ali was out celebrating his 21st birthday, according to the complaint.
Even though shot Ali was shot "near his heart and other vital organs," officers handcuffed and pushed him against the hood of a police car, the complaint states.
Khawaja says she tried to film the incident on her cellphone, but cops grabbed her and threw her phone away, sending her face-first "onto the snowy ground."
She says officers then began to shovel snow into a mound and "shoved snow directly into her mouth."
Khawaja allegedly told officers that she couldn't breathe, and in that moment, "felt like she was going to die."

"None of the other police officers intervened," according to the 20-page complaint.
The ambulance that Khawaja summoned allegedly did not come for more than 15 minutes.
As police kept Khawaja sitting in the snow, her mouth bruised and with her front teeth chipped because of the excessive force, they forbade the woman's sister from getting boots for her.
They put the sisters and their mother in handcuffs, and placed them in three different police cars.
Because Rizvi's 11-year-old daughter was now home alone, officers allegedly got the girl and put her in a fourth police car.
The family seeks damages for civil rights violations, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of mental and emotional distress and negligence.
Charges of disorderly conduct against all three women were dismissed, they say.
A spokeswoman with the Suffolk County Police Department declined to comment Tuesday. The NYPD did not respond to a request for comment.

I can't believe adults would go this far overboard... I guess the officer had a lot of rage to turn a snow-ball attack into a near suffocating, teeth-chipping event. My mind never conceived of such an event from anyone - let alone from a grown adult at work.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My concern is with the officers who were rammed with the car.

1PeaceMaker

My concern is with the officers who were rammed with the car.

How does that bear upon the way the woman was treated?

Does that imply you lack concern because it was her brother who did this, even though she did nothing wrong?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does that bear upon the way the woman was treated?

You have supplied ONE article that doesn't tell both sides of the story. Again.

Does that imply you lack concern because it was her brother who did this, even though she did nothing wrong?

No, it implies that I have noted *your lack of concern* for two police officers who had a deadly weapon used against them.

In such a heightened and frenzied situations, officers don't need bystanders getting in the way of their arrest/investigation.

Until I see the other side of the story, I will see this for what it is. One sided. That's not enough to induce outrage or sympathy for this woman.

1PeaceMaker

You have supplied ONE article that doesn't tell both sides of the story. Again.

It's not one-sided, it's one story that's part of a larger picture.

No, it implies that I have noted *your lack of concern* for two police officers who had a deadly weapon used against them.
They weren't part of the article. I was commenting on the treatment of a non-interfering, non-criminal.

In such a heightened and frenzied situations, officers don't need bystanders getting in the way of their arrest/investigation.
But observers who do not get in the way raise accountability and protect everyone.

Until I see the other side of the story, I will see this for what it is. One sided. That's not enough to induce outrage or sympathy for this woman.

You can't sympathize with a law abider (who's brother was shot) getting her face attacked with snow over arriving with a phone near the scene?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not one-sided, it's one story that's part of a larger picture.

They weren't part of the article. I was commenting on the treatment of a non-interfering, non-criminal.

But observers who do not get in the way raise accountability and protect everyone.

You can't sympathize with a law abider (who's brother was shot) getting her face attacked with snow over arriving with a phone near the scene?

You were not there. The officers were. You don't know. Until I have info from an accurate, unbiased source, I will give the officers the benefit of the doubt.

1PeaceMaker

You were not there. The officers were. You don't know. Until I have info from an accurate, unbiased source, I will give the officers the benefit of the doubt.

Of course. There must be a good reason to shove snow in the face of a non-disorderly person with such force it breaks teeth. Occam's Razor is suddenly disposable now?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course. There must be a good reason to shove snow in the face of a non-disorderly person

You don't know whether or not she was "disorderly". You will jump at the chance to believe it because ... you don't like cops.

1PeaceMaker

You don't know whether or not she was "disorderly". You will jump at the chance to believe it because ... you don't like cops.

And you conclude I don't like cops, how?

I concluded that because they were cleared of any disorderly conduct despite being handcuffed.

From the article:
Charges of disorderly conduct against all three women were dismissed

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you conclude I don't like cops, how?

From your posts.

I concluded that because they were cleared of any disorderly conduct despite being handcuffed.

From the article:

I conclude it wasn't worth the paperwork. Just because the person was a disorderly annoyance, doesn't mean she is worth the effort to prosecute.

1PeaceMaker

From your posts.

That's highly offensive. I've said nothing about how much I love or hate cops. They are people, real people.

I conclude it wasn't worth the paperwork. Just because the person was a disorderly annoyance, doesn't mean she is worth the effort to prosecute.

But she was enough of a threat to throw her phone, damage her teeth and cuff all three women?

1PeaceMaker

I have no reason to believe that is the *whole* story and will wait for the facts to come out.

This is a news report regarding the incident.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Shoots-Hits-Man-Jamaica-Queens-238794721.html

This isn't even about what happened with the sister filming and the snow attack.

But let's just imagine the worst that the woman could be guilty of. Here we have a minor nuisance woman who is not interfering with police duties who just emerged with her camera phone running.

What justifies breaking her teeth over what she did?

How is it okay to do that to a harmless non-suspect?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This isn't even about what happened with the sister filming and the snow attack.

But let's just imagine the worst that the woman could be guilty of. Here we have a minor nuisance woman who is not interfering with police duties who just emerged with her camera phone running.

What justifies breaking her teeth over what she did?

How is it okay to do that to a harmless non-suspect?

Let's see ... we have injured police officers who are in the middle of arresting a dangerous suspect who attempted to kill them. A woman runs out for the purpose of taping the arrest. Why do you suppose she did that? What was her motive? How do you think the police wold react if firefighters were trying to rescue people from a burning building and a busybody put herself inside the action in order to tape the incident.

There is a whole lot more going on here than assault by snowball and a lousy broken tooth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
As much as the mainstream media hates cops, if it were as this woman claims, it would be all over the news, not just at " infowars " and "courthouse news" where infowars got it from.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As much as the mainstream media hates cops, if it were as this woman claims, it would be all over the news, not just at " infowars " and "courthouse news" where infowars got it from.

Exactly ... there is more to this story.