Should the government take away my children if I deliberately involve them in ...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Hopefully, the lesson was learned, and everyone can move on from here.

Stipe gets unaccountably defensive:
Darwinists love declaring victory. :chuckle:

No one said you lost, Stipe. You're too wound up worrying about losing. If there's something for you to learn here, take it. If not, calm yourself, and move on.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The lesson I learned is that 'rude' President Trump put a shining light on the border issue

Rather, other people put a light on his new policy of taking children from people applying for asylum. He first tried to blame the democrats, but even his own party wasn't buying it. Then we learn, it was secretly planned as a way to discourage asylum applications over a year ago. Then, as the outrage mounted, he caved and reversed himself (something he earlier claimed he couldn't do).

Most people were relieved that he stopped abusing children to get even with their parents. Not everyone, of course.

Thank you 'rude' President Trump.

lifeisgood

Rather, other people put a light on his new policy of taking children from people applying for asylum. He first tried to blame the democrats, but even his own party wasn't buying it. Then we learn, it was secretly planned as a way to discourage asylum applications over a year ago. Then, as the outrage mounted, he caved and reversed himself (something he earlier claimed he couldn't do).

Most people were relieved that he stopped abusing children to get even with their parents. Not everyone, of course.

Others NEVER bothered to say anything when 'suave' President Obama was doing the same thing.

President Trump did not cave. The sad part is that they do not even see it. They believe they have won.

Why are they so disgusted that President Trump used his pen the same way President Obama did?

You do realize that President Trump is using his pen against the Flores agreement right?

Were not for President Trump shining a light over all this garbage happening at the border, nobody would have said anything. Ah, no one was saying anything, then. You do remember President Obama's policy right? Sure you do.

You were not outraged by President Obama's policy then, right? Why are you outraged now? Because President Trump shone a light on it. You should be thanking him so that you can rile against President Trump and not have to bother about President Obama's actions then.

President Trump DID NOT abuse children. That is a LIE.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think so. And it's foolish. My last year teaching, I had a class in which I had a kid from El Salvador who spoke no English, and a kid from China who spoke no English. In the same class. I had one American girl who actually volunteered to be at the table with these two and my ESL aide.

Somehow, they managed to communicate well enough to do labs together. They hung out at lunch together, and ended up getting A's and B's for the year. My aide could communicate in Spanish, and I can write a little Chinese. Together these kids were successful. I wonder how many people could have done that well, being tossed into a new culture, not knowing the language at all.

My aide and I had to put together tests using only diagrams and math for those two, but they got it. The American kid got a nice commendation for her help in making it work. Because of her, they picked up a lot of academic vocabulary in English.

Anyone who thinks kids from other cultures aren't as bright as kids of European descent, is fooling himself.

I agree, it is a problem, but that is how so many older persons think around here.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Others NEVER bothered to say anything when 'suave' President Obama was doing the same thing.

No one believes your story. When it was revealed this policy was first proposed a year ago as a way to discourage asylum applications, your story fell apart.

Trump admin discussed separating moms, kids to deter asylum-seekers in Feb. 2017
Notes from a DHS meeting show it was one of the methods discussed for discouraging asylum-seekers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ng-moms-kids-deter-asylum-seekers-feb-n884371

President Trump did not cave.

He gave in as soon as he realized how much outrage there was. And for the first time, national media is calling him out for lying about things.

You do realize that President Trump is using his pen against the Flores agreement right?

Sorry, no one is buying that story. It's known that Trump dreamed this up and he caved when he realized how much damage it was doing him.

Abusing children was going way too far.

lifeisgood

I agree, it is a problem, but that is how so many older persons think around here.

Some are looking at the wrong part of the problem.
The problem is NOT the children of any ethnic group.

What is happening at the border is like a Katrina, or a Sandy, or an Irene, and some want to say that is not the problem. No, the hurricane is not happening. I don't need to prepare. I don't need to worry. The water is not coming into the house. How foolish can we be.

We do realize that the candidate for Mexico Andrés Manuel López Obrador is asking Mexicans to flood the USA? And that this is a right that he 'will protect' if he becomes the next president of Mexico: http://whatsupic.com/index/mexico-leader-mexicans-to-illegally-flood-us/

If that were to happen, I wonder who would be accused for not protecting the border.

We do realize that naturalized citizens of Mexican descent vote in the USA and ALSO in Mexico? Are we OK with it?

Last edited:

lifeisgood

No one believes your story. When it was revealed this policy was first proposed a year ago as a way to discourage asylum applications, your story fell apart.

Trump admin discussed separating moms, kids to deter asylum-seekers in Feb. 2017
Notes from a DHS meeting show it was one of the methods discussed for discouraging asylum-seekers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ng-moms-kids-deter-asylum-seekers-feb-n884371

He gave in as soon as he realized how much outrage there was. And for the first time, national media is calling him out for lying about things.

Sorry, no one is buying that story. It's known that Trump dreamed this up and he caved when he realized how much damage it was doing him.

Keep on repeating your story and some will believe you, however, you cannot fool all the people all the time.

President Trump knew exactly what was going to happen. He wanted the garbage to come to the surface so Schuner and Pelosi and others would come to the table and go at it so that something could be done about it. Oh, yeah, Schumer said he prefer to keep talking about President Trump instead of coming to the table and resolve the problem.

Many have been fooled and are awakening to the policies implemented by PREVIOUS presidents. President Trump is going against the Flores agreement by using his pen. How come some are so disgusted with him for using his pen? Schumer said President Trump could use Schumer's own pen to solve the problem and when President Trump uses the pen he is still vilified.

I have reached the conclusion that if President Trump walked on water some would tell him he is walking on water because he does not know how to swim.

President Trump DID NOT abuse children. That is a LIE.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Emoting isn't the answer. I'd take children away from Charles Manson. Are ALL immigrants kindhearted and behaving in the BEST interest of their children? :nono: Media loves a frenzy. Me? I'd rather think than emote. I'd like to see more of that in others. "Those poor children!" or "Those terrible parents!" does nothing for me. I'm convinced some of those kids, according to Obama and Bush, probably needed to be removed. All of them? If we aren't careful, we can and have harmed families. I'm not sure where those parents are detained. If it is inappropriate for children? The media is not our friend. We need clear heads involved doing what is best for all interests represented.

Danoh

You might recall that back when Trump was running for office, whenever he'd bring up how he'd handle terrorists or some such, he'd rant on about how that he would attack such where they'd hurt - they're families.

Which, per his base, that "spoke to" them.

Well, here we are.

Of course, anyone who voted for Trump must not have bothered to look into his life-long his history of eventually turning on anyone who supports his vain self-delusion.

Ignorant of the repeat lesson of history about such an individual (Hitler's eventually turning against the very base that put him in power; Castro did the same, and so on), his "baser" base continues to need to believe he is doing what he is doing "for" them.

For their same "Aryan" self-delusion.

Which is why such are to be pittied.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You might recall that back when Trump was running for office, whenever he'd bring up how he'd handle terrorists or some such, he'd rant on about how that he would attack such where they'd hurt - they're families.

Which, per his base, that "spoke to" them.

Well, here we are.

I guess that was so despicable that I put it out of my mind. "You joined ISIS? Say good-bye to your mother."

If he'd kill the families of terrorists, I guess it's not such a stretch to abuse the children of people who apply for asylum.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess that was so despicable that I put it out of my mind. "You joined ISIS? Say good-bye to your mother."

If he'd kill the families of terrorists, I guess it's not such a stretch to abuse the children of people who apply for asylum.

Interesting, the definition of terrorist:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/terrorist

noun
  • a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
  • a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
  • (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.

These babies and children were intentionally terrorized as were their grieving mothers and fathers.

lifeisgood

It's already confirmed. Trump said he had no choice and couldn't stop the abuse, but when the heat got too much for him, he caved and stopped it.

Again, President Trump, DID NOT abuse one single child. What you are parroting is a LIE.

He still claimed that the democrats made him separate families; however, you cannot fool all the people all the time.

He was following the Flores agreement which he is NOW going against by using his pen and the Democrats are outraged that President Trump used his pen. Go figure.

The consequences are by no means over.

Not President Trump's fault.

If you have the desire to accuse your actual President, you should start by accusing President Clinton, President Bush, President Obama going all the way back to who knows which president.

You really want to accuse and rile against somebody, please accuse and rile against the GOVERNMENT(s) of the countries from where all these people are fleeing from. You should ask them why are they permitting their own people to flee their government.

Stop accusing and riling against your own country who is taking care of these fleeing people and doing the BEST we can for them.

SOME OF OUR OWN CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING SO WELL TREATED as these ILLEGAL border children are.

Here is just one example of how SOME of OUR CHILDREN are being TREATED --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu_adywMUVU
Have you seen any OUTRAGE from Schumer or Pelosi or Ophrah, etc., etc., etc., against this MIStreatment against OUR OWN CHILDREN that a public company has to come to their rescue?

Fix your house first and then you will not be ASHAMED.

Danoh

Uh, OK then. :idunno:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You do know what a chuckle after a post often means, right?

That a thing was said in jest and in response to a thing taken in jest.

On a more serious note, Stripe, sooner or later any two people are bound to disagree on one thing or another.

Just a matter of time.

I simply prefer to not allow myself to take such moments too seriously.

To instead, chuckle about them.

As far as I'm aware, you and I have not really dealt with one another much, let alone, butted heads, much, if at all.

Should we do so at some point, well then I'll just chuckle about it.

Whether or not, you might be inclined to agree with that.

There - ya've been warned.

:chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That a thing was said in jest and in response to a thing taken in jest.
I wasn't joking; when you compare the US to Nazi Germany regarding border control, you erode your credibility.

On a more serious note, Stripe, sooner or later any two people are bound to disagree on one thing or another.Just a matter of time.I simply prefer to not allow myself to take such moments too seriously.To instead, chuckle about them.As far as I'm aware, you and I have not really dealt with one another much, let alone, butted heads, much, if at all.Should we do so at some point, well then I'll just chuckle about it.Whether or not, you might be inclined to agree with that.There - ya've been warned.:chuckle:

I don't want to compete; I want to learn and agree. It's a rare thing, but worth chasing. :up:

But we can chuckle all we want. :up:

Danoh

I wasn't joking; when you compare the US to Nazi Germany regarding border control, you erode your credibility.

I don't want to compete; I want to learn and agree. It's a rare thing, but worth chasing. :up:

But we can chuckle all we want. :up:

This here, by me:

"That a thing was said in jest and in response to a thing taken in jest."

Is referring to this question here, asked by me:

"You do know what a chuckle after a post often means, right?"

In other words, I had replied to you in jest.

In response to your reply to me, which I...took on jest.

I did not say you'd meant your original post in jest.

For in fact, what I got from your original post was that you had misunderstood my words.

And I'm fine with that.

Such misunderstandings are bound to happen...sooner or later.