Should Homosexuals Take Mass?

Jenkins

If so, how about the Pedophile Priests and Bishops? I cannot find what the See has determined.

Years ago, I was in the Nob Hill Cathedral in SFO for a venue. The place was swimming with gay looking people, some wearing Church ID name tags.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If so, how about the Pedophile Priests and Bishops? I cannot find what the See has determined.

Years ago, I was in the Nob Hill Cathedral in SFO for a venue. The place was swimming with gay looking people, some wearing Church ID name tags.
Homosexuals are sinners, same as murderers and child molesters and desperately in need of Christ's salvation.

Jenkins

If it brings them closer to Christ, sure.
There is no Scripture which shows any feature of Mass bringing a sinner closer to Christ. A person either is Spiritually alive through Christ, or Spiritually dead. Nothing in between. Rote proclamations and prescribed symbology do not confer Life in Christ.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Not at all. Why would you need to know that sort of information?

Should homosexuals be given Mass? Are you not able to say, or to cite authoritative text?

It's a simple question, because I wanted to know where you were coming from.

1. You're likely not Catholic, because you're not using Catholic terminology. We don't say "take Mass" or "receive Mass" or "be given Mass."
2. "The place was swimming with gay looking people" says a lot.

So, you're likely not Catholic, you're concerned about "gay looking people," and you want to know what the Church has to say about it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is no Scripture which shows any feature of Mass bringing a sinner closer to Christ. A person either is Spiritually alive through Christ, or Spiritually dead. Nothing in between. Rote proclamations and prescribed symbology do not confer Life in Christ.
Many people come to Christ after having heard about Him from Catholicism. There are several here on this site who can testify to that. I don't believe they were hindered in their walk by their upbringings in Catholicism, but I'll let them speak to that themselves.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

So for sure not a Catholic. Not sure why you're interested then.

Jenkins

It's a simple question, because I wanted to know where you were coming from.

1. You're likely not Catholic, because you're not using Catholic terminology. We don't say "take Mass" or "receive Mass" or "be given Mass."
2. "The place was swimming with gay looking people" says a lot.

So, you're likely not Catholic, you're concerned about "gay looking people," and you want to know what the Church has to say about it?
I see you enjoy pursuing trivia, ignoring issues, and drawing up a personal discussion for your own interest.

The issue here is who would receive the favor of God via Mass. You certaibly are welcome to contribute pertinent things in this Thread, but if you deign cooperation consider merely reading rather than trying to take charge. Thank you.

Jenkins

Any claim is between them and God and anyone can go to Mass.

According to Catholic teaching any Catholic in a state of grace (wrt to your question in particular a celibate unmarried person - whether heterosexual or homosexual) can receive Communion.
What is this state of Grace? If it is real, then you should easily be able to define it.
Many people come to Christ after having heard about Him from Catholicism. There are several here on this site who can testify to that. I don't believe they were hindered in their walk by their upbringings in Catholicism, but I'll let them speak to that themselves.
How does one come to Christ after hearing about Him from Catholicism?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I see you enjoy pursuing trivia, ignoring issues, and drawing up a personal discussion for your own interest.

The issue here is who would receive the favor of God via Mass. You certaibly are welcome to contribute pertinent things in this Thread, but if you deign cooperation consider merely reading rather than trying to take charge. Thank you.

I answered your questions. If you were asking trivia questions I guess that's on you

So, to recap:

Should homosexuals be given Mass?

Should they receive Mass if they claim to be celebate?

Any claim is between them and God and anyone can go to Mass.

According to Catholic teaching any Catholic in a state of grace (wrt to your question in particular a celibate unmarried person - whether heterosexual or homosexual) can receive Communion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What is this state of Grace? If it is real, then you should easily be able to define it.

Free of mortal sin. In the Catholic Church, that means not having committed mortal sin, or if one has, they have confessed their sin.

But I'm not gonna go far on this with you. If you're hostile to Catholicism, just say so and we can be done.

Jenkins

Free of mortal sin. In the Catholic Church, that means not having committed mortal sin, or if one has, they have confessed their sin.

But I'm not gonna go far on this with you. If you're hostile to Catholicism, just say so and we can be done.

Being free of mortal sin is not the means of coming to Christ. This is very good news for all of Mankind. Praise God.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Should they receive Mass if they claim to be celebate?
If they are celibate and have avoided all other grave sins, or have confessed their grave sins and received absolution and reconciliation, then yes absolutely they should and ought to receive Communion at Mass.

Not that it's a sin to not receive. It is only a sin to not receive at least once per year, in the Easter season (which is still ongoing now fyi, and doesn't end until this weekend I think). Licitly receiving at any time requires being in a state of grace, aka full communion. It is not a sin to not receive if you are not in a state of full communion, and in fact it is a sin to receive when not in full communion. It's also dangerous according to 1st Corinthians 11: 27 &29.

It's unclear to me if two men or two women are civilly married (same-sex married), but who are celibate, can be in full communion. I don't know if this would be tantamount to being civilly married to a divorcee or if you are divorced and remarried yourself (assuming the ex involved is still living). Same-sex marriage even a celibate one might be living in a state of sin, but I do not know about this. I'm not sure such a state in particular is included in Canon Law, as civil same-sex marriage is fairly new, and Canon Law hasn't been updated since 1983.