Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Gerald

Resident Fiend
SOD needs to change his moniker to "Necromancer": he keeps digging up dead threads and making them walk again.

I think he's trying to build a zombie army...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nope. Jesus christ took on all sin evoked capitol punishment when he died. Any death penalty carried out in the name of god post jesus' sacrifice is wrong.
The problem here, corn flakes for brains, is that Jesus didn't die for crime, or else criminals wouldn't be punished for crimes; He died for sin. If He had died for crime then we could not punish anyone for any crime, in any fashion. Jesus death was not the end of the death penalty, as Paul shows by having no objection to it for himself if he is deserving: "For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar."
-Acts 25:11

Jesus death was for sin alone, not for crime; it was the end of animal sacrifices for the shedding of His blood was sufficient for the remission of all sin for all time, and He suffered also the second death: separation from God so we wouldn't have to. But He did not suffer the death penalty so criminals wouldn't have to.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I can't believe this thread is still going :doh:

I'm sure some around here still support executing homos. I just can't justify that belief myself.

Unfortunately there are yes, in some instances along with those "supporters" who don't think homosexuals should be. A tiny zealous vocal minority though so not to worry....

:)

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately there are yes, in some instances along with those "supporters" who don't think homosexuals should be. A tiny zealous vocal minority though so not to worry....

You sound worried. :think:
One in every four people who took this poll.

:sigh:
:wave2:

Oh, hey, look. An opportunity to remind everyone the position our tiny zealous 23% minority supports is not the death penalty for homosexuals, nor homosexuality, but for homosexual sex. I think I'll take it, what with how often that point seems intentionally obscured.

Arthur Brain

One in every four people who took this poll.

:sigh:

Yes, but then consider where the poll has been conducted and it's not such a bad result. It's only far right fundamentalists who endorse the penalty and even then it's only a minority of zealots on the right who even do that. If this poll were conducted across a range of forums with differing degrees of bias you'd find the result would significantly reduce in turn.

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

You sound worried. :think:
:wave2:

Nope. No reason to be. :)

Oh, hey, look. An opportunity to remind everyone the position our tiny zealous 23% minority supports is not the death penalty for homosexuals, nor homosexuality, but for homosexual sex. I think I'll take it, what with how often that point seems intentionally obscured.

I think most folk already know of this so I'm not sure why you think anyone's trying to obscure anything. I'm well aware that the penalty you endorse is for homosexual acts and not simply an orientation though why you seem to think this makes so much difference remains a mystery....

some other dude

Thomas Jefferson thought that male homos should be castrated and women should have a 1/2 inch or larger hole cut through the cartilage of their nose. :idunno:

zoo22

I was reminded of this poll by a recent post... Thought it's been a while and that there are a lot of new posters here, so thought I'd give it a bump.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Reading some of LMOHM's posts from 2005, it's obvious that he was a proud homosexual back then. In the 7 years since he created this thread, he's accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and left the homosexual lifestyle behind.

God bless you LMOHM!

lovemeorhateme

I was reminded of this poll by a recent post... Thought it's been a while and that there are a lot of new posters here, so thought I'd give it a bump.

I can't believe that this thread is still going! When I started it 7 years ago, I didn't realise it would garner so much attention and so many responses!

lovemeorhateme

Reading some of LMOHM's posts from 2005, it's obvious that he was a proud homosexual back then. In the 7 years since he created this thread, he's accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and left the homosexual lifestyle behind.

God bless you LMOHM!

I have changed a lot, and I can only thank God for that!

However, I still stick with my answer to this poll. I don't believe that homosexuals should be given the death penalty.

Iconoclast

I have changed a lot, and I can only thank God for that!

However, I still stick with my answer to this poll. I don't believe that homosexuals should be given the death penalty.

Still a homo tolerator, your emotional connection just won't let you see a homo for what they are will it...

Why did God put this phrase "Bring them out that we may know them" in the bible as the words the sodomites spoke? Do you even have a clue?

lovemeorhateme

Still a homo tolerator, your emotional connection just won't let you see a homo for what they are will it...

Why did God put this phrase "Bring them out that we may know them" in the bible as the words the sodomites spoke? Do you even have a clue?

Still homo obsessed, your hatred keeps you as arrogant and rude as ever. Do you hate homosexuals?

I have stated many times that according to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin. I do not believe that the death penalty for homosexuality from Leviticus applies today. I struggled to believe there are people who do when I first started this thread!

The Bible tells us to speak the truth to people in love. Did you miss that part? Was Jesus rude? Are we called to be like him? It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

I am aware of what that phrase means in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, so don't patronise me.

:rolleyes:

Last edited: