Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

lovemeorhateme

You do realize that this was a command for the early Israelites, right? Sort of like not-mixing two kinds of material for clothing and not boiling a kid in it's milk?

I suppose you've taken it up on yourself to name all the animals?

Read the chapter of Leviticus 18 in context.. and then you try and tell me that homosexuality is not a sin.

Dopey Gigglz

Read the chapter of Leviticus 18 in context.. and then you try and tell me that homosexuality is not a sin.

That isn't the point. The question is do we have any business enforcing heavily contexted laws to a specific group of people in a specific time period. Nevermind the fact that they had God as their nation's leader, while we are a democracy (and a secular one at that).

lovemeorhateme

That isn't the point. The question is do we have any business enforcing heavily contexted laws to a specific group of people in a specific time period. Nevermind the fact that they had God as their nation's leader, while we are a democracy (and a secular one at that).

We're talking about what should be happening in society.. not what is happening in society. I would love to have a Christian government in the UK. Unfortunately.. that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Dopey Gigglz

We're talking about what should be happening in society.. not what is happening in society.

Oh, I think I see now. We have a Christian Reconstructionist on our hands.
What should be happening in society is people should not want to do wrong. But when someone "sins" it very foreign to Christianity to bring the state in to enforce a Christian code of conduct. That is a very unhappy marriage (see Catholic Church in Middle Ages). Perhaps instead of killing them you could try and help them?

I would love to have a Christian government in the UK.

What's a Christian govt. and how does the NT describe it?

Unfortunately.. that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Thank Jesus.

lovemeorhateme

You think back-door lovin' is on the same level of heinousness as deep-sixing your boss? You have issues.

In a human level of thinking there are degrees of sin.

To God, it doesn't matter if I'm sleeping around every night of the week.. I've murdered someone.. or the only sin I've committed in my life is to tell one lie.. it is still sin! Stop looking at it from a human perspective, and look at it from the perspective of Almighty God.

PlastikBuddha

One would like to say that it would be less corrupt.. but who knows. All I know is that there are too many people on this thread trying to justify behaviour which is repulsive and perverted.

There are also far too many people here who have far too much interest in what other consenting adults do with one another. It's none of your business.

lovemeorhateme

There are also far too many people here who have far too much interest in what other consenting adults do with one another. It's none of your business.

If a man wants to have sex with a sheep in private.. I guess we should just ignore it.

What if a 14-year old and a 39-year old are having sex, as was the case of someone I knew when I was younger, and that 14-year old, as far as he was concerned, was 'consenting.' Should that have been none of my business, as it was done in private?