Sexual Sin

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You guys seem to impose Christian law to secular world.

Jesus gave His followers to work for God's kingdom, mind your own business.

The world can handle their own problems.

How do you read when Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

It seems very clear that you guys don't know what Jesus is talking about.

Do you even know that Jesus says it?

That Jesus says that His followers are not of the world? That is what you say. Where do you find this?

However, if we are only to apply God's Law to believers then would believers be put to death for their capital offenses and not unbelievers? It seems that the Law is the same for everyone. Not everyone knows what the Law is. That doesn't mean we don't know the difference between right and wrong; many do.

A Christian nation with a secular law doesn't make sense. It seems like a contradiction.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You guys seem to impose Christian law to secular world.

Jesus gave His followers to work for God's kingdom, mind your own business.

The world can handle their own problems.

How do you read when Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

It seems very clear that you guys don't know what Jesus is talking about.

Do you even know that Jesus says it?
Meshak, how do you bring people to Christ?

Do you teach them that they are in need of a Savior?

Or do you teach them that they have no need of a Savior if they follow God's laws?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That Jesus says that His followers are not of the world? That is what you say. Where do you find this?

here you go:

17.John 14:30
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,

John 15:19
If you belonged to the
world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:9
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have
given me, for they are yours.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has
hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

John 17:15
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect
them from the evil one.

.John 17:16
They are not of the world,
even as I am not of it.

.John 18:36
Jesus said, "My
kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my
arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
here you go:

17.John 14:30
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,

John 15:19
If you belonged to the
world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:9
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have
given me, for they are yours.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has
hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

John 17:15
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect
them from the evil one.

.John 17:16
They are not of the world,
even as I am not of it.

.John 18:36
Jesus said, "My
kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my
arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
Do I need to apply what was for the Apostles, Disciples, to myself?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, how do you bring people to Christ?

Do you teach them that they are in need of a Savior?

Or do you teach them that they have no need of a Savior if they follow God's laws?
God's Laws are to be observed, but all have sinned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All Jesus' word is for everyone who wants to be in God's kingdom.

Correct. And a follower of Jesus may call himself a disciple. That doesn't put him in the first century context however. Thank you for making correct statements. If they are not correct that may be between you and God.

I like talking with you.

In Judaism there is something where a person can be thought to be an animal, such as with animalistic thoughts or tendencies. These may be unrelated to homosexuality, although I am not sure 100 percent. However, homosexuality is against God's law, whereas, a man's thoughts may be more animal than human, when we know that a man is a man and not an animal but sometimes our thoughts do not make sense in terms of rational human thought and behavior.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Correct. And a follower of Jesus may call himself a disciple. That doesn't put him in the first century context however.

Jesus' word is for all His follower's guide to live.

Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commandments.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus' word is for all His follower's guide to live.

Jesus says if you love Me, keep my commandments.
Jesus also said:

Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus. - Acts 9:10-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts9:10-19&version=NKJV

And Paul, formerly Saul, said:

For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God. - Romans 2:25-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:25-29&version=NKJV

And

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. - Romans 3:19-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:19-30&version=NKJV

And

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, - Romans 4:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans4:5&version=NKJV

So which is it, Meshak:

Did Jesus contradict Himself, or maybe you're missing something crucial which causes you to reject some of what Jesus says.

Truster

Correct. And a follower of Jesus may call himself a disciple. That doesn't put him in the first century context however. Thank you for making correct statements. If they are not correct that may be between you and God.

I like talking with you.

In Judaism there is something where a person can be thought to be an animal, such as with animalistic thoughts or tendencies. These may be unrelated to homosexuality, although I am not sure 100 percent. However, homosexuality is against God's law, whereas, a man's thoughts may be more animal than human, when we know that a man is a man and not an animal but sometimes our thoughts do not make sense in terms of rational human thought and behavior.

Disciple does not mean "a follower".

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Disciple does not mean "a follower".
Yes it does.

Disciple: one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disciple

d338b2d68e1494d45649541da615941d.jpg

Truster

It means student.

Student derives from 14c French so it might be translated as a student but it didn't mean or have the root meaning of student. A man can be a student and fail to learn anything. The ability to pay tuition fees can make a man a student.
The word disciple conveys a definite meaning.