senior moment woe.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lately I seem to developped bad habit of locking my self out of the car.

I have to make sure I have a key with me every time when I am done driving.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

It's not necessarily a senior moment. Miles and miles from home, freshman year of college, standing beside my running car, hot food inside, doors locked, me on the outside. :plain: Oh, and did I mention it started raining?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's not necessarily a senior moment. Miles and miles from home, freshman year of college, standing beside my running car, hot food inside, doors locked, me on the outside. :plain: Oh, and did I mention it started raining?
we've all done it. I was working at a hotel, took off on paydays and went up to get my check. I locked the keys in at it was running, we called the police.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I've done it, too, Meshak. I now have two house keys and two car keys (I've locked myself out of both my house and my car). I keep one set in my house and one set in my car, just in case. It's saved me a lot of frustration in the past six months.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I've done it, too, Meshak. I now have two house keys and two car keys (I've locked myself out of both my house and my car). I keep one set in my house and one set in my car, just in case. It's saved me a lot of frustration in the past six months.

I don't lock my house because it is too much trouble to unlock it. I don't have much patience about it.

I just don't want to get locked out of my own car. It is so easy to lock yourself out of your own car. I have to tell myself that every time when I drive.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't lock my house because it is too much trouble to unlock it. I don't have much patience about it.

I just don't want to get locked out of my own car. It is so easy to lock yourself out of your own car. I have to tell myself that every time when I drive.
I had a fool proof plan, I kept a spare car key and spare house key in my wallet, so i was covered either way

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had a fool proof plan, I kept a spare car key and spare house key in my wallet, so i was covered either way

My keys don't fit in my wallet. So, I have two keyrings. One hangs on a hook next to my back door. The other is in my car. That way, if I accidentally lock myself out of the house while doing something outside, all I have to do is open my car door. And, if I ever lock my keys in the car, all I have to do is reach inside my back door for that one.

theophilus

Well, at my age, I should know better.

It is a lot of trouble when you leave your key in the car.

It's more trouble when you lock all your keys in your house. I finally made a key-ring to leave at my neighbors...because I've locked myself out of my house four times in seven years. Twice I have managed to "break-in" (in the summer when there's only a screen to get through).

The upside is I get to choose whether I'm having a senior moment or a blonde moment.

:D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, at my age, I should know better.

It is a lot of trouble when you leave your key in the car.

Being that I don't have a car, it's not a problem. Insofar as locking myself out of my home, the neighbors on each side of me (my mother and daughter) have a key to my home. :D

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

did it two days ago at the supermarket, with windchills of -20 - luckily i had a warm place to watch for the AAA truck - when he came it took him about a minute and a half to pop it open

i used to carry a spare key in the trailer hitch receiver, but i have no idea where it is now.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is so easy to lock yourself from your own car but it causes so much trouble.

there are many things like that.

We need to focus on what we are doing everything we do to avoid such trouble.

We seem to try to get things done quickly but it does not seem worth it.

I have to learn to be patient in everything I do.

PureX

Yep, I've done it, too.

My previous vehicle did not make noise warning me when I exited it leaving the lights on. That was very annoying, because it would rundown the battery if I was gone, long. But it also didn't make noise warning me that I was exiting the vehicle with the keys still in it. So I had a tendency to do that, as well. I really liked that car, except for that part!

My dad's truck used to go into a frenzy, honking and whining and huffing and puffing if I closed the door with the keys anywhere inside it. And if I ignored the racket, it would lock itself down, and I'd have to go dig up the other key to get in.

The car I have now just quietly 'dings' when I get out leaving anything on, or the keys in it. And that seems to work well enough.

Though, a long time ago, I learned to keep my keys attached to my belt. And so I've long since developed the habit of checking to see that I have them on me whenever I leave the house or the car.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My car dings if I open the door with the key in the ignition. So, I tend not to lock my keys in the car.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, most cars now need the key to lock the car so you really can't lock your keys in
I can lock my car without the key. All I have to do is push the lock button before getting out of the car. I don't lock it at home because I live out in the country and I'm not worried about it being stolen. I only lock it when I go to town. But, I make sure and put my keys in my pocket (either jacket or pants, if they have them) before I get out of the car.

theophilus

I can lock my car without the key. All I have to do is push the lock button before getting out of the car. I don't lock it at home because I live out in the country and I'm not worried about it being stolen. I only lock it when I go to town. But, I make sure and put my keys in my pocket (either jacket or pants, if they have them) before I get out of the car.

Exactly me, too.

:)