Security Block on TOL

rexlunae

I find it tends to come and go.

Sometimes, I'll see it maybe three times in a week, other times, not at all for several months.

It appears to be a false positive.

Because I never see it when surfing the net outside of TOL.

Also, because what I do now is ignore it, and simply go back a page, and then go forward again, and that often works - as if the thing had merely been a momentary misread on the other end.

By the way, if you'll Google image the words <certificate error> you'll see all sorts of versions of this, together with all sorts of solutions.

Could also be related to ads placed in the page. If it's intermittent, that seems more likely.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When using Opera I get a message about TOL being shady. I've never seen it for other browsers.

Danoh

When using Opera I get a message about TOL being shady. I've never seen it for other browsers.

Yeah, I've gotten that that when I've used one browser, but not when I've used another one.

I guess some "rightly divide...the things that differ" better than others :chuckle:

CherubRam

Still getting this message:

Deceptive Site!

This web page at theologyonline.com has been reported as a deceptive site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Deceptive sites are designed to trick you into doing something dangerous, like installing software, or revealing your personal information, like passwords, phone numbers or credit cards.

Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The block has been up all day. I can only get on with Tapatalk or the app.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The block has been up all day. I can only get on with Tapatalk or the app.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] really needs to work out the issues behind this else the site is going to deteriorate even further.

Having an ad-blocker installed will help if a person decides to ignore the warnings and visit the site at their own risk. Of course, this defeats the purpose Knight has for ads in the first place, so his attention to the care and feeding of the site is really needed.

AMR

Eagles Wings

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] really needs to work out the issues behind this else the site is going to deteriorate even further.

Having an ad-blocker installed will help if a person decides to ignore the warnings and visit the site at their own risk. Of course, this defeats the purpose Knight has for ads in the first place, so his attention to the care and feeding of the site is really needed.

AMR

Just popping in quick to agree. Won't be signing in again until fixed.

Reactions: Lon

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The block has to do with ads on the site. Not with the subject matter of the site.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TOL mobile app
A temp solution is to access the site using the Opera browser. I use it often for some things that Google's Chrome just deals with differently. Opera uses the same Chromium baseline code as Google uses. The Opera folks have just tweaked things differently. Opera is nice and fast. Can use all the major extensions that Chrome uses, also comes with a VPN feature built in for free.

The major complaint about Opera is its Chinese ownership and the suspicion that they have built in back doors for spying on us meany Americans. To date that complaint has yet to be proven. Given that there are plenty of security minded folks out there that would like to expose this and become famous, yet no evidence has been provided, I remain confident the suspicion is but rumor mongering.

AMR

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A temp solution is to access the site using the Opera browser. I use it often for some things that Google's Chrome just deals with differently. Opera uses the same Chromium baseline code as Google uses. The Opera folks have just tweaked things differently. Opera is nice and fast. Can use all the major extensions that Chrome uses, also comes with a VPN feature built in for free.

The major complaint about Opera is its Chinese ownership and the suspicion that they have built in back doors for spying on us meany Americans. To date that complaint has yet to be proven. Given that there are plenty of security minded folks out there that would like to expose this and become famous, yet no evidence has been provided, I remain confident the suspicion is but rumor mongering.

AMR
What do you mean that Opera is a temp solution? I have used Opera recently and do get warnings about TOL.