School worksheet tells kids GOP/Conservatives think helping poor 'waste of money

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ok, so if the survey isnt intended to show right or wrong answers, like the school board claims then why was it graded and handed back to the student with corrections?

Then of course there is the matter of the claim that conservatives/gop members think that helping the poor is a waste of money...

And to find out where they stood as if someone who knows little of politics would pick that option that says helping the poor is a waste of money? Looks more like trying to influence young minds with propaganda to me....

School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims

A Wisconsin mother claims her 16-year-old son's classroom assignment last week described Republicans as opposed to helping the poor because "it's a waste of money."

The woman said her son, a junior at Nathan Hale High School in West Allis, Wisc., was asked, along with other students, to complete an assignment about different views on the political spectrum while in a U.S. government and politics class on Thursday.

The assignment listed a series of quotes and required students to identify which party affiliation best represented each statement.

The first quote read, "We should not help the poor, it’s a waste of money."

The mother, who asked only to be identified as "Heather" to protect her son's privacy, said he chose option "E" for "Fascist" because he "didn't know what else could be the answer."

When the assignment was returned, the answer was marked as incorrect and the teacher wrote in option "D" for "Conservative/Republican" instead, his mother told FoxNews.com.

"I picked my son up from school on Thursday and asked him what was wrong and he brought up that quote," she said. "He asked, 'Mom, where would you say this went on the political spectrum?'"

"I said, 'Nowhere. I don’t know any political party that espouses not helping the poor,'" she told FoxNews.com. "Once we got home, I looked at the work sheet and saw that his answer was marked wrong. The teacher had put the correct answer in the margin and marked it conservative."

"I was shocked and then I was very angry," she said, claiming she called the superintendent of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District Friday morning to inquire about the assignment.

The school district issued a press release late Monday saying students were "required to take a political spectrum quiz, which is not a quiz in the traditional sense with right or wrong answers; instead, the quiz asks survey questions. The answers to the questions place students on the political spectrum. While the survey is completed online, no personal information is entered, including name, login, and student number."

The district also said the spectrum quiz would not be used again in the future.

The assignment, which was first reported on by the conservative education blog EAGnews.org, was not meant to survey students' political beliefs. The bottom portion of the quiz, however, instructed students to visit a website – gotoquiz.com – to "find out where they stood on the political spectrum," the woman said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/0...-classroom-assignment-parent/?intcmp=trending

Image of the test:

WisconsinTest.jpg

Thoughts?

Granite

Hall of Fame
School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims

:think:

Well isn't that true?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Well isn't that true?

You tell me, show me your evidence that even most conservative as well as gop affiliates think helping the poor is a waste of money and ill show you my evidence that conservatives give more $ to charities than liberals. And out of our own pockets verses someone elses, at that. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
...because the GOP's so fond of welfare, the War on Poverty, the New Deal, Great Society...:rotfl:

Give me a break.:yawn:

Granite

Hall of Fame
...and Romney's mythical 47%, and "welfare queens," and the other mooching freeloaders TOLers talk about all the time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
...and Romney's mythical 47%, and "welfare queens," and the other mooching freeloaders TOLers talk about all the time.

yes because Romney answers for all conservatives in this nation and all GOP members... :rotfl:

Wow, its so funny to see you so desperate. You keep thinking a single person is responsible for and represents everyone in a group of people that they happen to be part of.

Thats a riot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There is no overarching conservative solution for poverty's elimination and the sneering here from conservatives regarding the poor is frankly appalling.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is no overarching conservative solution for poverty's elimination and the sneering here from conservatives regarding the poor is frankly appalling.

Seems to me like the sneering was on your part.

Well isn't that true?

sneer
snir/
noun
noun: sneer; plural noun: sneers

a contemptuous or mocking smile, remark, or tone.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sorry, but this silly little quiz has more truth to it than you think. The message implicit to much of the right's responses to poverty is simple: If you're poor, it's your fault. I don't see any conservatives talking favorably about food stamps. Ya know?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sorry, but this silly little quiz has more truth to it than you think. The message implicit to much of the right's responses to poverty is simple: If you're poor, it's your fault. I don't see any conservatives talking favorably about food stamps. Ya know?

Why should food stamps be a favorable thing to you? Wouldnt not being on them be preferable?

The only thing i don't like about them is that some people make them a way of life. I have absolutely no problem with people using them to get back on their feet when something happens, i only have a problem when they think they are entitled and stay on them for generations.

Please explain why you think you know what everyone thinks and why you think no one can have their own opinions.

Jim Jones was a murderous atheist. Should i think thats what you are since you are an atheist and then assume thats what all atheists are?

If you are so narrow minded that you can only live by group think, i feel sorry for you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why should food stamps be a favorable thing to you? Wouldnt not being on them be preferable?

Of course. Then again, sometimes folks have no choice. I don't like the idea of the poor starving.

The only thing i don't like about them is that some people make them a way of life.

And some capitalists are robber barons.

Jim Jones was a murderous atheist.

He was dangerously insane. Anything else he may or may not have believed was incidental. And this has nothing to do with anything.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course. Then again, sometimes folks have no choice. I don't like the idea of the poor starving.

And some capitalists are robber barons.

He was dangerously insane. Anything else he may or may not have believed was incidental. And this has nothing to do with anything.

Sure it does, I could be like you and make assumptions about others just because of a group they belong to, and base that entire group no matter what size it is on what i think about a few and i would then be just.like.you. Omnicient, where i could state for a fact that the entire group is a bunch of insane murderers, without knowing more than a few, right?

shagster01

You tell me, show me your evidence that even most conservative as well as gop affiliates think helping the poor is a waste of money and ill show you my evidence that conservatives give more $ to charities than liberals. And out of our own pockets verses someone elses, at that. :)

Will that evidence include tithe to the church?