School board puts the brakes on promoting critical race theory

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... even in colleges it's relegated to the students of law or those taking it as a chosen elective out of curiosity.
Intellectual curiosity isn't really your bag is it?

IMG_20220516_115018.jpg

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Critical Race Theory is an idea taught in law schools pertaining to how racism as a sociological construct becomes endemic to society's legal systems. An excellent example would be the U.S. founders belief that all women and men of non-European origin were not to be legally considered the equal to white men of European origin. And this sexist/racist presumption then profoundly effected how laws were written and enforced at the time, and to some degree how they still are.
That's just the thing. As a building block for law any one that you might point to is either vague or minor. They're simply is not anything in today's law that is racist. As a theory it would be so minor in today's world that there should be no mention of it in any law class since racism is universally considered a bad thing.

So if CRT is simply put under the rubric of institutional racism, which does get a lot of attention in schools, it does a disservice to anyone learning about it.
No one is teaching CRT in any grade or high school, anywhere, beyond it's mention in relation to a standard history curriculum. And even in colleges it's relegated to the students of law or those taking it as a chosen elective out of curiosity. No one is teaching kids that white people are bad because they are all racists. This is another imaginary 'boogeyman' being foisted on the ignorant by the media and politicians of the right to keep their "base" tuning in and outraged for the sake of gaining ratings and votes.
Of the media pushing the idea, it is entirely a leftist idea that institutional racism exists.

PureX

That's just the thing. As a building block for law any one that you might point to is either vague or minor. They're simply is not anything in today's law that is racist. As a theory it would be so minor in today's world that there should be no mention of it in any law class since racism is universally considered a bad thing.
Law is PRACTICED. And it's in the practice of it that the racism becomes apparent.

Also, classism is very often also racist. So laws that unfairly punish the poor are often also laws that unfairly punish being black, even when they also effect poor white people.

Gary K

Banned
Law is PRACTICED. And it's in the practice of it that the racism becomes apparent.

Also, classism is very often also racist. So laws that unfairly punish the poor are often also laws that unfairly punish being black, even when they also effect poor white people.
You have imbibed freely of the cool aid.

I think classism is one of the most destructive parts of any society as it separates and pits people against each other based on externals such as family you're born into, the money your family has, etc.... I've thought this since I was a kid and watched these prejudices at play long before anyone ever heard of wokeness. Nobody ever had to tell me they were wrong. I figured that out on my own. Yet your in wokeness you most likely consider me racist.

Racism doesn't become apparent in the practice of law. It becomes apparent through the habits of life. Jesus did away with racism for Christians when He healed the Phonecian woman and when he asked the Samaritan woman for a drink of water. Paul said there is neither Jew nor Greek in Jesus Christ.

It's pretty sad that you need to go to the broken cisterns of popular culture to find out somerhing is wrong when God has already demonstrated in scripture it is wrong.

PureX

You have imbibed freely of the cool aid.

I think classism is one of the most destructive parts of any society as it separates and pits people against each other based on externals such as family you're born into, the money your family has, etc.... I've thought this since I was a kid and watched these prejudices at play long before anyone ever heard of wokeness. Nobody ever had to tell me they were wrong. I figured that out on my own. Yet your in wokeness you most likely consider me racist.

Racism doesn't become apparent in the practice of law. It becomes apparent through the habits of life. Jesus did away with racism for Christians when He healed the Phonecian woman and when he asked the Samaritan woman for a drink of water. Paul said there is neither Jew nor Greek in Jesus Christ.

It's pretty sad that you need to go to the broken cisterns of popular culture to find out somerhing is wrong when God has already demonstrated in scripture it is wrong.
It becomes very apparent in the practice of law when lawyers don't want to defend people that don't have a lot of money to pay them. And when courts demand fines in leu of jail time. And when white jurists can't distinguish one black man from another. And when they assume an accused black man is probably a guilty black man. These things happen routinely in the PRACTICE of law. And the result is that if you are poor and black, you are far more likely to be sent to prison for something you didn't even do than anyone else in our society. Not to mention being more likely to be stopped and accused of a crime by police.

ok doser

It becomes very apparent in the practice of law when lawyers don't want to defend people that don't have a lot of money to pay them.
How about that - people who have worked very hard to achieve skill in their craft don't want to work for free
And when courts demand fines in leu of jail time.
Is jail time better?
And when white jurists can't distinguish one black man from another.
Cite?
And when they assume an accused black man is probably a guilty black man. These things happen routinely in the PRACTICE of law.
Cite?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It becomes very apparent in the practice of law when lawyers don't want to defend people that don't have a lot of money to pay them. And when courts demand fines in leu of jail time. And when white jurists can't distinguish one black man from another. And when they assume an accused black man is probably a guilty black man. These things happen routinely in the PRACTICE of law. And the result is that if you are poor and black, you are far more likely to be sent to prison for something you didn't even do than anyone else in our society. Not to mention being more likely to be stopped and accused of a crime by police.

Well said, PureX. Racists can't let themselves look at these things, it would mean they'd have to confront the reality of systemic racism.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Wow. What you wrote here is spot-on truth!

It's a sound indictment against leftist practices and laws, which promote classicism for the very purpose of hurting minorities.

PureX

Wow. What you wrote here is spot-on truth!

It's a sound indictment against leftist practices and laws, which promote classicism for the very purpose of hurting minorities.
Then why is the right the ones whining about it and trying to sweep it all under the rug by firing any teacher that dares to teach our kids about it?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why is the right the ones whining about it and trying to sweep it all under the rug by firing any teacher that dares to teach our kids about it?
:ROFLMAO::LOL::D:ROFLMAO::LOL: Here we go again with the laughably unaware incurious response of the left.

Stupid doesn't make you sin, but sin makes you stupid. Entertainingly stupid.

PureX

:ROFLMAO::LOL::D:ROFLMAO::LOL: Here we go again with the laughably unaware incurious response of the left.

Stupid doesn't make you sin, but sin makes you stupid. Entertainingly stupid.
If all you can muster are insults, we're done here.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If all you can muster are insults, we're done here.
I mustered more than just insults. I also mustered a description of your thinking - that being unaware and incurious.

You are unaware of the reasons parents were upset at certain teachers. You were not curious enough to wonder why a theory that isn't taught has so much attention.

The real reason you are unaware and incurious is because you are evil. But I'm a nice guy and I don't like thinking that of people so I softened the insult to "stupid". And as Dietrich Bonhoeffer said:
Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.[\box]

marke

Well said, PureX. Racists can't let themselves look at these things, it would mean they'd have to confront the reality of systemic racism.
The democrat party has created a system of black racism by demonizing whites and republicans for evil political reasons. The result of decades of lies about white supremacy racism that does not exist except in small isolated incidents is that large mobs of blacks have been brainwashed to think evil of whites and republicans and want to hurt or kill them out of hatred.

floyd-corkins.jpg

ok doser

How many people were killed last year by white supremacists?

Less than 26, of mixed race https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2021

How many people were killed last year by young black men, who were likely not white supremacists?

Roughly 8,000, all black https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

The only way your statement makes sense bananahead, is if you admit what is obvious from your statement, which is that 8,000 dead black people don't matter to you. Because you're racist.

marke

Nation of Islam black supremacist racists have declared that white supremacy is the most lethal threat to the US, in spite of facts to the contrary. Black racists have declared cops are evil and should be punished. That uncivilized hateful racist narrative is what gave us Patrisse Cullors and Micah Xavier Johnson.
Radical black supremacist racists claim whites are the greatest threat to the US but that is not true. Unsaved barbarians are the greatest threat to the US and black supremacist racists have proven to be the greatest threats to cops in the US following BLM mob protest chants to murder cops.

Dallas sniper who gunned down 5 cops 'wanted to kill white people,' chief says​

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 17:26 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;