Saved And Salvation Are Different

Cross Reference

I said
That satan will always be present. There will always be a sin we cant get rid of.

Rom 7:23
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(NKJ)

What "law" squeaky?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why of course. Why didn't I remember that? . . . . . 'bye.

I said
Do you understand that without the thorn no man can keep from being over taken by pride. Man is still only man.

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(NKJ)

Patrick Cronin

The Death of Christ in sacrifice was made necessary by sin: "Just as by the disobedience of one man sin came into the world and by sin, death so by the obedience of one man..". The disobedience (lack of faithfulness) of followers of Christ is sin. "those who persevere to the end will be saved " For a Christian to abandon the commandments of God (not the prescriptions of the Old Law) and "live a life of debauchery" is to renege on the commitment to Christ, which makes that person's state worse than before his original conversion. The message of Jesus requires that we should "be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect", It is false doctrine to teach that the sacrifice of Jesus has rendered it no longer necessary for Christians to love God and neighbour. Those who teach that no matter how we behave, if we have faith in Jesus, we will be saved are gravely mistaken.! What would be the point of the Last Judgement, when God will "render to all according to their works". "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 Pet 2:18-22
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you don't know the difference between saved and salvation, you cant know whether or not you have salvation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you don't know the difference between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven. You cant know if you have entered the kingdom of God yet. And you must enter the kingdom of God to cast out demons that are deceiving you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

Hebrews 6:4-6 New International Version (NIV)

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 6:4-6 New International Version (NIV)

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

I said
I know I think that is why we have Trinitarians. They have fallen away from the love of the truth. And they have taken up strong delusions.

[2Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You should know the rules for believing scripture. Not to think beyond what is written, and dont add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. If you cant quote it its only an opinion of yours.

[1Co 4:6
[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18–19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:duh: Two words that mean essentially the same thing. Salvation is a state of being. Being saved is to have that state of being.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
:duh: Two words that mean essentially the same thing. Salvation is a state of being. Being saved is to have that state of being.

I said
Well according to your definition everyone on earth has salvation. Where did you ever come up with "state of being?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You didn't answer my question.

Why, according to the definition provided above, does everyone have salvation?

I said
Your asking the wrong person. I didnt give that definition you should ask him.

He said
Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
Two words that mean essentially the same thing. Salvation is a state of being. Being saved is to have that state of being.