Theology Club: SaultoPaul and the Dispensation of the Gospel

Jerry Shugart

I am trying to expose the error of STP's idea right away so that other people on this forum will see just how silly the idea is and therefore it will serve as a warning so they do not get accidently sucked in to his error. As far as the ones who I am praying for I have already realized that they want no part of the truths revealed in the epistle which prove they are wrong so at this point they need help from the Lord.

Danoh

I am trying to expose the error of STP's idea right away so that other people on this forum will see just how silly the idea is and therefore it will serve as a warning so they do not get accidently sucked in to his error. As far as the ones who I am praying for I have already realized that they want no part of the truths revealed in the epistle which prove they are wrong so at this point they need help from the Lord.

They have their view, Jerry has his, I have mine, we all have some in common, and no one is going to, nor has the right to, change any of this, for it is up to each individual to come to the understanding they hold to, Rom. 14:5, 23.

Jerry Shugart

They have their view, Jerry has his, I have mine, we all have some in common, and no one is going to, nor has the right to, change any of this, for it is up to each individual to come to the understanding they hold to, Rom. 14:5, 23.

Then when we hear gross error being taught we are just to ignore what Paul said here?:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

There is no better example of someone turning their ears from the truth than those who say that Paul wrote these words to unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Your lack of action in regard to what Paul says at 2 Timothy 4:2-4 leads me to think that you actually agree with STP that Paul would actually write what we read at Romans:8:15-18 to unbelievers.

Do you?

Danoh

Then when we hear gross error being taught we are just to ignore what Paul said here?:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

There is no better example of someone turning their ears from the truth than those who say that Paul wrote these words to unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Your lack of action in regard to what Paul says at 2 Timothy 4:2-4 leads me to think that you actually agree with STP that Paul would actually write what we read at Romans:8:15-18 to unbelievers.

Do you?

Get lost! Whether one agrees with them or not, no one owes it to have to answer to you, you neurotic, self-serving deluded pest.

Quit harassing them already - you - do - not - have - that right!

glorydaz

Get lost! Whether one agrees with them or not, no one owes it to have to answer to you, you neurotic, self-serving deluded pest.

Quit harassing them already - you - do - not - have - that right!

I still say everyone should just put him on ignore. At least have a peace week....or a week of peace as the case may be. :)

Danoh

I still say everyone should just put him on ignore. At least have a peace week....or a week of peace as the case may be. :)

Lol, people crack me up - I've had people ask to be a friend only to have them take it back the first sign of a difference in understanding between us, or where I would not accommodate some insistence on their part.

At least Jerry has been consistent - he just disagrees with everyone from the get - the guy literally walks in on a having taken it back to begin with, policy :rotfl:

glorydaz

Lol, people crack me up - I've had people ask to be a friend only to have them take it back the first sign of a difference in understanding between us, or where I would not accommodate some insistence on their part.

At least Jerry has been consistent - he just disagrees with everyone from the get - the guy literally walks in on a having taken it back to begin with, policy :rotfl:

Yeah, a one of a kind, special, piece of work, broke the mold and glad they did kind of guy. :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Do you think that it's hard for Jerry to understand that all of Paul's writings are written to groups that contain BOTH believers and unbelievers?

glorydaz

Do you think that it's hard for Jerry to understand that all of Paul's writings are written to groups that contain BOTH believers and unbelievers?

I saw him admit it once, almost grudgingly...but, I'm convinced that was a fluke. I should have noted where that was because I doubt we'll ever see the likes of it again.

Danoh

Whether or not that is his problem, it is obviously not his real problem.

Consider his pattern when the issue is with some one who is not Mid-Acts at all. Someone who does not hold to a view that anyone of us hold to here; including Jerry...

He does exactly the same thing with them, whether he was who they were going back and for with, or not.

Doesn't matter; either scenario will set off his Jerry-At-Tricks.

The problem is that Jerry is stuck between a rock and a hard place, both of which are Jerry.

Mark my words, he will turn this accurate description of him into more of the same.

He can't help it; he is being...Jerry.

SaulToPaul 2

Do you?

Get your facts straight, Mr Shugart.

I have repeatedly said that the Romans believed Jesus is the Christ, and had a faith known all over the world.

They were not unbelievers. They had not heard the gospel of Christ, and were not yet in the Body.

SaulToPaul 2

On the subject of the gospel of Christ, the silliest thing I've ever heard is that there was one for the Jew and one for the Gentile. (per Jerry)

It would have been the gospels of Christ, rather than THE gospel of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

Gospel of God- Jesus is the Christ (No Mystery whatsoever)
Gospel of Christ- Christ died for our sins, Jews and Gentiles in the promises (Revelation of the Mystery)
Gospel of Grace of God- Christ died for all people's sins, including alien Gentiles (Mystery of the Gospel)

Get those straight and you will never be confused again.

SaulToPaul 2

I am not sure what the big deal is?

God foreknew that a remnant in Rome would believe the gospel of Christ and be in the Body.

They were not in it yet, but Paul writes the letter and lays out Body doctrine beautifully for them as if they were already in the Body.

This argument is much ado about nothing.

Romans-Philemon is for the Body of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

Jerry is simply looking for ANYTHING he disagrees with that will cause strife and make those evil NEO MAD ignoramuses look badly, for the sake of the Sacred Original MAD.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Gospel of God- Jesus is the Christ (No Mystery whatsoever)
Gospel of Christ- Christ died for our sins, Jews and Gentiles in the promises (Revelation of the Mystery)
Gospel of Grace of God- Christ died for all people's sins, including alien Gentiles (Mystery of the Gospel)

Get those straight and you will never be confused again.

good. no, STUPENDOUS !!!!!!!!