Theology Club: SaulToPaul and His Nightmare Exegegesis

Jerry Shugart

Sure.
But you didn't follow Jerry's script, so he's lost.

Why do you want to talk about me and not the subject of this thread?

Do you believe that Paul would write these words to a group of unsaved people?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

I will be waiting for your answer!

SaulToPaul 2

If you are going to call me a liar then give your evidence. Where on this thread did you actually deal with what is said at Romans 8:15-18?

There are so many, I cannot keep them straight.
Sister heir and I have addressed Romans. You did not like the answer.

Do not lie and say we have not defended our beliefs.

Why would you do that?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can I not hope to have a serious debate on this controversial subjects without being accused of harassing you?

Just look at all the posts on this thread and not one of them actually address the subject of this thread. And once again, you do not even attempt to defend your ideas.

Why is that?

Jerry, if you were interested in serious debate you would have CITED the posts where STP says what you claim he says.
You are the one who is not addressing the subject of the thread. Which is ironic as it was you who started it.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, if you were interested in serious debate you would have CITED the posts where STP says what you claim he says.
You are the one who is not addressing the subject of the thread. Which is ironic as it was you who started it.

If you go to the thread titled "Acts 28 Teaching?" and then go to page #4 and then to post #51 you will see that SaulToPaul admitted that he did not think those in the church at Rome were saved or in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote his epistle to them.

Jerry Shugart

There are so many, I cannot keep them straight.

You called me a liar because I said this to you:

I expect you to actually defend you idea that Paul would say the following to a group of unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).

All you have shown on this thread is that you wouldn't touch these words of Paul with a ten foot pole!​

Do not lie and say we have not defended our beliefs.

I said that you haven't addressed Romans 8:15-18 on this thread and you know that is what I said.

Despite that you call me a liar!

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you go to the thread titled "Acts 28 Teaching?" and then go to page #4 and then to post #51 you will see that SaulToPaul admitted that he did not think those in the church at Rome were saved or in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote his epistle to them.

I'm sorry Jerry but this is not good enough.
You should include the link. And you should include it in your ORIGINAL post so that everyone reading the thread can check for themselves whether what you say is true. Otherwise it looks like you are just taking the Michael.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, I refuse to defend it again and again and again and again.

Heir and I have thoroughly explained what we believe to be true about the Romans and their letter. You do not like the answer. But we have given you scriptural responses.
That is exactly why I refused to engage him on this topic in this thread!

:cheers:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is exactly why I refused to engage him on this topic in this thread!

:cheers:
Is there anyone left that actually finds it enjoyable to study with Jerry? (And I use the word "study" loosely here, as Jerry dictates instead of studying.)

SaulToPaul 2

Is there anyone left that actually finds it enjoyable to study with Jerry? (And I use the word "study" loosely here, as Jerry dictates instead of studying.)

Every discussion I have ever seen him in ends up the same way.
Jerry hounding someone, and then accusing them of running and hiding.

You would think he'd eventually see that he is the common denominator in all of this.

Jerry Shugart

Every discussion I have ever seen him in ends up the same way.

It end up the same way because you and your comrades do not want to discuss the subject of the thread.

No one has yet explained why Paul would say this to a group of unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You would think he'd eventually see that he is the common denominator in all of this.
Right.
It's not as though he has no view to contribute. It's that he doesn't give others the same courtesy to contribute their view. It's got to be according to his script, or he starts dogging the posters, as if HIS view is the only one that should even be the focus.
That's a prideful arrogance that has no place in this forum.

SaulToPaul 2

Right.
It's not as though he has no view to contribute. It's that he doesn't give others the same courtesy to contribute their view. It's got to be according to his script, or he starts dogging the posters, as if HIS view is the only one that should even be the focus.
That's a prideful arrogance that has no place in this forum.

We can just go to his website. All he does is copy and paste from there. If we ask a question that is not on his site, he will skip it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We can just go to his website. All he does is copy and paste from there. If we ask a question that is not on his site, he will skip it.
BINGO!
No ready made scripted answer for him. He's lost without that.

Jerry Shugart

It's not as though he has no view to contribute. It's that he doesn't give others the same courtesy to contribute their view.

I have given those who agree with STP multiple chances to contribute their view.

But not one of them has told us why anyone should believe that Paul wrote the following words to a group of unsaved people:

I invite you with open arms to contribute your view on this subject. Do you think that those words of Paul are addressed to saved people or unsaved people? It would help us all understand your answer if you would actually give us your interpretation of the meaning of what is said at Romans 8:15-18.

So here is a chance for you to contribute your view.