Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Discover truth for yourself.............

Discover truth for yourself.............

mustint not tink for ones self,

must be mindless drone marching off to the factory...:)

That's why the divine 'thought-adjuster' abides within the mind helping to direct it ;)

My emphasis earlier was on the 'etymology' of the word 'heresy' from Greek haíresis, literally, act of choosing, derivative of haireîn to choose.

Its all in the choosing :)

In the realm of duality, or relativity...there is the appearing of 'choice',...but there is realm wholly beyond choice, when it comes to Absolutely Reality itself,...that reality essentially IS,...there is no 'choice' about it. - everything else we entertain in 'theology' is an intellectual construct.

pj

IMJerusha

If Jesus is the Lord. you need to obey His teachings. Jesus has authority to judge everyone who will be save or not, not your nor your wicked churches.

And when you judge when God gave that authority to Yeshua alone, what are you doing? You can not declare Brothers and Sisters "wicked" simply because you don't agree with their doctrine. There is enough Scripture to validate the doctrine of the Trinity. Using your perspective, Meshak, I could declare you wicked because you worship on Sunday instead of the Sabbath or because you don't face the east three times a day to pray or because you weren't a submissive wife. You're always complaining about Christians who water down Yeshua's teaching. What was/is the faith of Yeshua? It's the faith that the God of Israel established. Yeshua didn't rest on Sunday. He didn't even call the day Sunday. You've chosen not to accept the doctrine of the Trinity. Well, that's your choice but it doesn't make those who do accept the doctrine wicked people nor does it make Trinitarian churches wicked. The constant finger of guilt you choose to point at people is divisive and even destructive to the Body. There's enough sin wrapped up in that behavior alone to last you a lifetime and life is short. Yeshua said we are to look to our own behaviors before we point to others. There is no way you've got your act sin free so perhaps you should think about that teaching of Yeshua's?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 ASV)

Meshak's not sanctified in that offering. By her own admission.

Case closed

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the person of 'Jesus'.......

the person of 'Jesus'.......

So it is ok for you to judge me as judgmental just because I don't serve Jesus the way you do?

What ideas, concepts and principles we 'serve'....is important to note, but we have to question our own views continually in the light, to see if they are 'in accord' with such, if we are truly representing or mis-representing them.

As far as what Jesus actually taught, there is question even among scholars as to what are his true words recorded in the gospels (or in non-canonical works)...as some things are 'contradictory'. If we would uphold some 'teaching' attributed to Jesus, we'd have to thoroughly inspect it weighing it with other words attributed to him, and in some cases there isn't enough 'information' to determine one way or another. The entire spectrum of Christianity and other branches of 'Christ-followers' (not assuming the traditional name or title of 'Christian') hold to different ideas about who Jesus is, let alone if he fulfilled the Jewish requirements of 'Messiahship', or is in another sense some kind of cosmic god-man or arch-angel sent by 'God', or a more liberal 'Christ-figure' of a 'new age'.

pj

StabbyTabby

If more Christians were truly like Jesus, that would be pretty cool. I actually kinda like Jesus. It's his followers who are a real turnoff.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Whoever wrote Hebrews......

Whoever wrote Hebrews......

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 ASV)

Meshak's not sanctified in that offering. By her own admission.

Case closed

I'd say the case is still pretty 'open'. The NT in itself is rather a complication of many themes, so what you have above is the opinion of the author, as it correlates to some of the Pauline letters. You have to take the authors statements as being 'true' (in some sense) by faith. Then you have to see what that 'faith' actually does for you, if anything.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What ideas, concepts and principles we 'serve'....is important to note, but we have to question our own views continually in the light, to see if they are 'in accord' with such, if we are truly representing or mis-representing them.

As far as what Jesus actually taught, there is question even among scholars as to what are his true words recorded in the gospels (or in non-canonical works)...as some things are 'contradictory'. If we would uphold some 'teaching' attributed to Jesus, we'd have to thoroughly inspect it weighing it with other words attributed to him, and in some cases there isn't enough 'information' to determine one way or another. The entire spectrum of Christianity and other branches of 'Christ-followers' (not assuming the traditional name or title of 'Christian') hold to different ideas about who Jesus is, let alone if he fulfilled the Jewish requirements of 'Messiahship', or is in another sense some kind of cosmic god-man or arch-angel sent by 'God', or a more liberal 'Christ-figure' of a 'new age'.

pj

Have you nothing but "baloney" to offer?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If more Christians were truly like Jesus, that would be pretty cool. I actually kinda like Jesus. It's his followers who are a real turnoff.

Its the Christians flesh.

Most think they are entirely sanctified at conversion but it is obvious that few ever are after it.

If you become a Christian then all of the bad things of the flesh have to dealt with after conversion, but most run away from it.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned

It is because they don't honor Jesus' teachings. Mainstreamers ostracize everyone who strive to be faithful and obedient to Jesus by saying your works cannot save you..

Jesus commands His followers to be faithful to His teachings.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
rock tumblers.............

rock tumblers.............

It is because they don't honor Jesus' teachings. Mainstreamers ostracize everyone who strive to be faithful and obedient to Jesus by saying your works cannot save you..

Jesus commands His followers to be faithful to His teachings.

The 'surface gloss' of the whole "faith vs. works" scenario is a bit 'lack-luster', since both factors are included in the acting out of religious life and DOING the will of God. As noted earlier however,...there may be a 'debate' of what Jesus really taught, and if anyone is even obligated to observe such.

pj

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The 'surface gloss' of the whole "faith vs. works" scenario is a bit 'lack-luster', since both factors are included in the acting out of religious life and DOING the will of God. As noted earlier however,...there may be a 'debate' of what Jesus really taught, and if anyone is even obligated to observe such.

pj

Jesus' messages are clear and simple: He commands His followers to obey His teachings.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'd say the case is still pretty 'open'. The NT in itself is rather a complication of many themes, so what you have above is the opinion of the author, as it correlates to some of the Pauline letters. You have to take the authors statements as being 'true' (in some sense) by faith. Then you have to see what that 'faith' actually does for you, if anything.

pj

No no no dude. You're over complicatin'

You need free love

Christ offers that

I wish I could help u but u are over evaluating ur understanding of the bible. It starts with the gospel. If u reject that, u can't read the bible because ur blinded by ur flesh.

I'm here for u bro

StabbyTabby

Its the Christians flesh.

Most think they are entirely sanctified at conversion but it is obvious that few ever are after it.

If you become a Christian then all of the bad things of the flesh have to dealt with after conversion, but most run away from it.

LA

I'm afraid I don't really understand most of what you just said, but OK :)