Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I think it would be easier just to make a list of all the non-heretics.

Off the top of my head, the only people I'm reasonably certain are not heretics, based on what I've seen of their posts (Note that if I don't mention you, that doesn't necessarily mean you are a heretic) are Ask Mr. Religion, Nang, and Nimrod. As well as myself, of course (If I believed I were a heretic, I would change my views.)

Universalists are all heretics.

Annihilationists are all heretics.

Anyone who believes in "Free will" are heretics. This includes, but is not limited to, open theists and Arminians.

Anyone who believes in unlimited atonement is a heretic. This includes "4 point Calvinists."

Anyone who believes salvation is by anything other than grace through faith, or adds works to the equation in any way, is a heretic.

So, do we really want to list out all of the heretics? Or should we just try to list the people who actually believe the Bible.
I think I believe what the original Greek says.

Why don't I believe the works of the law cause people to be righteous? Is it that people who break the law have no faith in the law, and that the working of the law cannot cause the distrustful to obey it? Is the definition of legalism "the practice of law without faith"? Or is it theological nonsense used to escape the curse of law?

It is better that the law is a curse or burden, rather than a punishment.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I find it interesting how Christ is pre-existant with Cerinthus, and how out of Valentinus' self-resurrecting man-"god", the trinity evolved.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
There were hundreds of theories during those first few centuries regarding the nature of Christ.
Orthodoxy was a response to heresy.
So was Heterodoxy. But it is interesting how I can't find an ECF who knows what the term messiah or Christ meant to Israelites. Cerinthus denied the deity of Jesus, not Christ, thus he must have thought this Christ thing reincarnated again and again, since we can easily conjecture he didn't have a Tenakh of even Greek letters.

Valentinus introduced a novelty based on his dreams, that Jesus was a self-resurrecting God. But few would refute his doctrine, and few put any effort into proving his doctrines weren't church teaching.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Add Christian Liberty and Jason0047.

Dishonest much? Feel free to show where she has said anything resembling what you falsely accused her of.

Read the quote, moron. She denies the bold where Paul said the free gift is to all men. Of course, most don't accept it, yourself included.

The best way for you to save face would be to keep your lower half shut.

The answer is obviously "no," unless you believe God is a Big Pathetic Loser.

This thread isn't even for you, it is for us to identify the wolves in sheep's clothing, not the wolves in plain sight. Now you can understand the big fat loser comment, since you stuck your nose where it doesn't belong.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hi Choleric!
Glad to see you!

I was just going to Knights thread to ask for you to start a new one of these!!

I have been reading a couple of new people and am hoping you will pay enough attention to be able to say what they are believing about Jesus.
For me that is how it must be - I think I need to know where one is standing on this Subject!

Hope you have a great future thread!

I have nothing to hide about my position but many do not want to be clear about it.

But it is understandable because of persecution they will have to face.

blessings.

Choleric

Please welcome jamie to the list:

I was able to find some cached pages online of the list. Not sure when I last updated it, but I found this one from 7/16/12. Again, let me know if I am missing someone.

Here is the list as of 10/15/13:

The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians)
1) Keypurr
2) Pierac
3) csuguy
4) adopted son 77
5) Paul McNabb (Mormon)
6) Seydlitz77 (Mormon)
7) Martin.Harris (Mormon)
8) Elected4ever
9) Squeaky
10) Aner
11) Lazy Afternoon
12) truebeliever7
13) jerzy
14) krystyna
15) Krsto
16) Oatmeal
17) meshak
18) jamie

Religious Zealots (saved by works crowd):

1) Rightglory
2) Spitfire
3) Evoken
4) chrysostom
5) rbdeli
6) RC_Eagle
7) The Reverent One
8) annabenedetti
9) The Barbarian
10) patricius79
11) Yahushuan
12) IXOYE - makes salvation and born again two separate events
13) graceandpeace - makes salvation and born again two separate events
14) Cruciform
15) Truthsetsfree
16) genuineoriginal "Salvation is given only to those who merit it by pleasing God"

The 'Paul is a godless liar' crowd (Ebionites) (**this crowd also believes works are necessary for salvation)
1) Glenda (Glenda also denies the deity of Christ, she is trying to get to the bottom of the Lake of Fire)
2) jeremysdemo

Miscellaneous
1) Freelight (spiritualist/universalist)

If you are on this list and you repent of your heresy, or if you find my categorization of your beliefs is in error, just post and let us know.

If you feel someone needs to be added to the list, either post or PM me. In order to speed things along, if you can post a link to one of the offending party's posts reflecting their heresy, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, a person must have a decent amount of posts and have been around for a few months at least to be considered for the list. I don't want to throw every one post wonder who wanders through here onto the list. After all, this is TOL's list and if the person isn't a regular visitor, they don't make the cut.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

:wave2::thumb::wave:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chloric,

1) Glenda (Glenda also denies the deity of Christ, she is trying to get to the bottom of the Lake of Fire)

Telling lies about other people based on your own heresy will see you get a dose of heat yourself.

I know you will have a smart answer, but I doubt that the Lord will be impressed.

LA

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The thief cometh not but to steal and destroy.
This is a necessary list especially for any new believers who might be affected by their heresies. Good job.

Posted from the TOL App!

Glenda

Chloric,

Telling lies about other people based on your own heresy will see you get a dose of heat yourself.

I know you will have a smart answer, but I doubt that the Lord will be impressed.

LA
Sadly you are right about his judgment of others falling on his own head Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

so feel pity for him & pray for him
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

People who love & follow Jesus should expect Choleric-type treatment according to Jesus:
Mat 10:24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
Mat 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

it's actually a blessing
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luk 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luk 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

God bless you richly my valued brethren

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
You already identify as agnostic (lit. without knowledge).

That's not the definition, and the only reason I'm "agnostic" is due to TOL not supporting the real ideology I subscribe to, which is agnostic atheist.

I chose agnostic because my skepticism is more important than my atheism, I picked rationality over stubbornness.

Not sure you'd get it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...I picked rationality over stubbornness.

Not sure you'd get it.
:yawn: Ad hominem

"Cosmological argument:

• Everything that had a beginning has a cause.
• The universe had a beginning.
• Therefore, the universe had a cause.

Design argument:

• Every design has a designer.
• The universe—and life—has a highly complex design.
• Therefore, there is a Great Designer.

Moral argument:

• Moral laws require a lawgiver
• Absolute moral laws exist.
• Therefore, there is an absolute Moral Lawgiver." Atheism & Agnosticism

See:

Indifference, Denial, Rebellion

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: Ad hominem

"Cosmological argument:

• Everything that had a beginning has a cause.
• The universe had a beginning.
• Therefore, the universe had a cause.

Design argument:

• Every design has a designer.
• The universe—and life—has a highly complex design.
• Therefore, there is a Great Designer.

Moral argument:

• Moral laws require a lawgiver
• Absolute moral laws exist.
• Therefore, there is an absolute Moral Lawgiver." Atheism & Agnosticism

See:

Indifference, Denial, Rebellion

Out of curiousity, is there still a letter c and a letter v key showing on your keyboard or have you worn it off with all that copying and pasting?

Edit: You really need to upgrade to Kalam's argument.

You proved the universe had a beginning, congratulations - it's called the big bang. Keep up.

Edit 2: "Absolute moral laws exist"... No they don't.

"The universe has a highly complex design"... Nope.