ECT Salvation is by asking

Cross Reference

The Atonement redeemed man. Jesus cancelled out the wrong relationship, by Adam's transgression, with God through His Cross; and established a new relationship. Man, upon believing the account, must ask for the Holy Spirit for the living of his life, as it now must be lived out as a 'shared' eternal life built upon the new foundation of Redemption. In this way is he then born again, with evidence following, i.e., the Life of Christ.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know people don't like it but God is simply irresistible in His day of power...Paul tried, Jonah tried....

None of us aksed or co-operated with God when He created us....if you totally trust God you will easily submit to this.

Cross Reference

I know people don't like it but God is simply irresistible in His day of power...Paul tried, Jonah tried....

None of us aksed or co-operated with God when He created us....if you totally trust God you will easily submit to this.

You mean if one believes the account? But that is what I wrote, isn't it?

Truster

I'm sorry Truster, I am not going to engage you in this. We aren't on the same page in Christ.

The only way you'd agree with the truth of this matter is if you had experienced the application of redemption and been regenerate from above. (born again) Both of which are the work of the Holy Spirit.

Cross Reference

The only way you'd agree with the truth of this matter is if you had experienced the application of redemption and been regenerate from above. (born again) Both of which are the work of the Holy Spirit.

One is by fact, the other by faith. No Holy Spirit needed for facts.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You trip up at the very first step because you refuse to listen to God. No-one can believe the gospel unless it is given to them to believe.

Cross Reference

I don't think you completely believed the account nor do I believe you completely trust God...but that proves my point, God does not need to bow or curtsy or ask you nicely

God created/initiated the facts. Facts don't change. Learn t read for comprehension. Redemption is not of the Holy Spirit but the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Believe it or go on your way.

OMT: Get understanding before you presume to know about others.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God created/initiated the facts. Facts don't change. Learn t read for comprehension. Redemption is not of the Holy Spirit but the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Believe it or go on your way.

OMT: Get understanding before you presume to know about others.

No, no, you forgot about YOUR part, You believe Jesus died and mebbe you believe you died with Him [I don't think you have quite got a handle on that] but that you were buried with Him and raised with Him....?

....why are you allus trying to dig yourself up?

Cross Reference

No, no, you forgot about YOUR part, You believe Jesus died and mebbe you believe you died with Him [I don't think you have quite got a handle on that] but that you were buried with Him and raised with Him....?

....why are you allus trying to dig yourself up?

FWIW: I have ben a Pentecostal longer than you have been alive.

Cross Reference

". . . . . ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."
John 16:24 (KJV)

Spoken by Jesus to those yet not saved . . . not yet even redeemed.

ZacharyB

". . . . . ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." John 16:24 (KJV)

Spoken by Jesus to those yet not saved . . . not yet even redeemed.
Since dere are 20 or so NT verses that say man is totally incapable of ...
believing in God, accepting Him, stopping being at enmity with Him,
believing Jesus and His gospel is something other than foolishness, etc.
I tend to believe that God must intervene and give a gift of faith
to enable someone to be able to believe the gospel.

Thereuponski, Jesus can voice His invitation above,
and some will have received enough light to believe and accept.

Those who have been enabled to believe, will believe.
But, carrying on with their belief-faith will be their choice!
They won't be forced to ...
they might prefer to go back into their old fav sin(s), or new ones even.

Ain't no robots here, hear!
Humans refuse to be robots ... they duz like their free-will, don't they.

Cross Reference

Since dere are 20 or so NT verses that say man is totally incapable of ...
believing in God, accepting Him, stopping being at enmity with Him,
believing Jesus and His gospel is something other than foolishness, etc.
... I tend to believe that God must intervene and give a gift of faith
to enable someone to be able to believe the gospel.

Thereuponski, Jesus can voice His invitation above,
and some will have received enough light to believe and accept.

Those who have been enabled to believe, will believe.
But, carrying on with their belief-faith will be their choice!
They won't be forced to ... they might prefer to go back into their fav sin(s).

Ain't no robots here, hear!
Us'n humans refuse to be robots ... we duz like our free-will.

All righteous men are capable of believing. That is why Jesus said they weren't the ones he came to save.